Are you looking for a better way to compare cheaper Ford Shelby GT350 insurance in Austin? Overwhelmed by the sheer number of insurance companies that you can choose from? Many other drivers are too. You have so many choices that it can easily turn into a ton of work to lower your rates for Ford Shelby GT350 insurance in Austin. Austin is a good city to live in, but expensive premiums for insurance can make it nearly impossible to afford.
Statistics show that most insurance policyholders in Texas have been with the same company for over three years, and just under half have never even compared quotes to find cheaper rates. Many drivers in the United States can cut their rates by $860 a year by just comparing rate quotes, but most tend to underestimate how much savings they would realize if they changed companies.
You should take the time to get comparison quotes every six months because insurance prices are usually higher with each renewal. Despite the fact that you may have had the best price on Ford Shelby GT350 insurance in Austin at your last renewal a different company probably has better rates today. You’ll find quite a bit of inaccurate information about Shelby GT350 insurance online but in this article, you’re going to get some solid techniques on how to stop overpaying for insurance in Austin.
Buy Austin Ford Shelby GT350 insurance online
The majority of larger companies like Allstate and Progressive allow consumers to get prices directly from their websites. The process is possible for anyone because it’s just a matter of typing in your required coverages into the quote form. After you complete the form, their rating system pulls information on your driving record and credit history and generates a price based on these and other factors.
This makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it is important to get many rate quotes if you want to find the lowest insurance rates.
To save time and fill out one form to compare multiple rates now, consider comparing rates from the companies shown below. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you enter your coverages exactly as they are listed on your policy. This ensures you are getting rate quotes based on the exact same insurance coverage.
The providers in the list below provide free rate quotes in Texas. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
Get lower-cost Ford Shelby GT350 insurance in Austin with discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don’t list all possible discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so here is a list both the well known as well as some of the hidden ways to save on car insurance.
- Employee of Federal Government – Active or retired federal employment may reduce rates when you quote Austin auto insurance depending on your company.
- Professional Memberships – Participating in qualifying employment or professional organizations may earn a discount on your next car insurance statement.
- College Student Discount – Any of your kids who live away from home to go to college and don’t have a car can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Taking time to complete a defensive driving class can save you 5% or more if your company offers it.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Requiring all passengers to fasten their seat belts can save up to 15% on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Save over 55 – Drivers over the age of 55 may receive better car insurance rates.
- Home Ownership Discount – Owning your own home or condo may trigger a policy discount on car insurance because owning a home requires personal responsibility.
Please keep in mind that most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So when it seems like you could get a free car insurance policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
A few of the larger companies and some of their more popular discounts can be found below.
- American Family may have discounts that include early bird, accident-free, mySafetyValet, multi-vehicle, defensive driver, and good student.
- Farm Bureau policyholders can earn discounts including 55 and retired, multi-policy, good student, multi-vehicle, renewal discount, driver training, and youthful driver.
- State Farm offers discounts including multiple autos, passive restraint, defensive driving training, Drive Safe & Save, student away at school, and accident-free.
- Travelers has savings for multi-car, save driver, payment discounts, IntelliDrive, continuous insurance, early quote, and good student.
- The Hartford has discounts for bundle, air bag, defensive driver, good student, driver training, anti-theft, and vehicle fuel type.
- GEICO may include discounts for anti-theft, emergency military deployment, anti-lock brakes, seat belt use, and driver training.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for homeowner, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, good student, online signing, and continuous coverage.
If you need low cost Austin auto insurance quotes, ask all companies you are considering how you can save money. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be offered on policies in Austin.
Are car insurance agents used anymore?
Many people still prefer to talk to a local agent and there is nothing wrong with that. One of the best bonuses of getting online price quotes is that you can obtain lower rates and still buy from a local agent.
Once you complete this quick form, your insurance data is submitted to local insurance agents who will give you quotes for your business. You won’t need to find an agent on your own since rate quotes are delivered instantly to you. Get lower rates without a big time investment. If for some reason you want to get a price quote from one company in particular, feel free to visit that company’s website and give them your coverage information.
Selecting an insurance company is decision based upon more than just a cheap quote. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- When do they do a full risk review?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
If you get good answers to these questions and an acceptable price quote, you’ve probably found an provider that meets the requirements to properly insure your vehicles. Just keep in mind you have the power to cancel coverage at any time so don’t feel you’re contractually obligated to any specific company for the full policy term.
Your situation helps dictate your coverage
When buying insurance from an agent or online, there really isn’t a “best” method to buy coverage. Every situation is different.
These are some specific questions may help highlight whether or not you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Why do I only qualify for high-risk insurance?
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Can I get by with minimal medical coverage if I have good health insurance?
- Am I covered if hit by an uninsured driver?
- Is a blown tire covered by insurance?
- When should I remove comp and collision on my Ford Shelby GT350?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form.
Why auto insurance is not optional
Despite the high insurance cost for a Ford Shelby GT350 in Austin, maintaining insurance is required by state law in Texas and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability coverage in order to be legal. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Ford has a loan, most banks will make it mandatory that you carry insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If the policy lapses, the lender may insure your Ford at a significantly higher premium and make you pay for it.
- Insurance protects not only your car but also your financial assets. It will also pay for all forms of medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your Ford gets damaged, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of buying enough insurance definitely exceed the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. On average, a vehicle owner in Austin overpays as much as $810 a year so you should quote your policy with other companies at every renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Auto insurance coverage information
Learning about specific coverages of a insurance policy can be of help when determining the best coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Insurance terms can be difficult to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Medical expense coverage – Med pay and PIP coverage pay for expenses such as hospital visits, dental work and chiropractic care. They are used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to all vehicle occupants in addition to if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Collision coverage – This pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by collision with another car or object. You first must pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision insurance covers claims such as colliding with another moving vehicle, rolling your car, crashing into a ditch and crashing into a building. This coverage can be expensive, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. It’s also possible to bump up the deductible on your Shelby GT350 to get cheaper collision coverage.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage – This coverage provides protection from other motorists when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. This coverage pays for hospital bills for your injuries and also any damage incurred to your Ford Shelby GT350.
Since a lot of drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (Texas limits are 30/60/25), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked.
Comprehensive protection – This covers damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first must pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things like falling objects, hitting a bird, theft, hail damage and hitting a deer. The most you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Auto liability – Liability coverage protects you from damage or injury you incur to other people or property by causing an accident. Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see limits of 30/60/25 that translate to a limit of $30,000 per injured person, a limit of $60,000 in injury protection per accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability insurance covers claims such as repair bills for other people’s vehicles, pain and suffering, medical services, funeral expenses and medical expenses. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is your choice, but you should buy higher limits if possible. Texas requires minimum liability limits of 30/60/25 but it’s recommended drivers buy more coverage.
Keep this in mind when shopping around
When you buy Austin auto insurance online, you should never buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many situations where an accident victim reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits and found out when filing a claim they didn’t have enough coverage. Your goal should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the best possible price, not the least amount of coverage.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of techniques to reduce Ford Shelby GT350 insurance auto insurance rates online in Austin. It’s most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers could even find that the best price on car insurance is with the least-expected company.
Some companies do not offer rate quotes online and these regional insurance providers prefer to sell through independent agents. Low-cost Ford Shelby GT350 insurance in Austin can be bought online and from local agencies, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
Additional information is located on the following sites: