If you are a novice to online car insurance shopping, by this point your are probably baffled by the vast assortment of insurance providers competing for business in Austin.
Regrettably, the vast majority of consumers have bought car insurance from the same company for at least the last four years, and 38% of drivers have never compared rate quotes at all. With the average premium in America being $1,847, drivers could save almost 46.5% each year by just comparing rate quotes, but they don't know how much money they would save if they switched to a cheaper policy.
Consumers should take time to shop coverage around before your policy renews because car insurance prices change regularly. If you had the best price on GMC Envoy insurance in Austin at your last renewal you can probably find a better rate quote now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about car insurance because you're going to learn how to use the internet to remove unneeded coverages and save money.
Quote Austin GMC Envoy insurance online
There are several ways to compare rate quotes from many different Texas insurance companies. The easiest way to find affordable GMC Envoy insurance rates is simply to get online rate quotes.
When price shopping your coverage, comparing all the rates in your area helps increase your odds of locating the best price. Some regional insurers cannot provide Austin Envoy insurance quotes over the internet, so you need to compare prices from those companies as well.
The companies in the list below offer free rate quotes in Austin, TX. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
Lower-cost GMC Envoy insurance rates in Austin
Car insurance companies don't always list every discount very well, so the list below details both well-publicized in addition to some of the lesser obvious savings tricks you should be using when you buy Austin car insurance online. If you're not getting every credit you deserve, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- Senior Citizen Rates - Drivers over the age of 55 may qualify for a small decrease in premiums.
- Safety Restraint Discount - Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle up before driving can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Anti-lock Brake System - Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control can stop better under adverse conditions and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Driving Data Discount - People who choose to allow their auto insurance company to track when and where they use their vehicle remotely such as State Farm's In-Drive might get better premium rates as long as the data is positive.
- College Student Discount - Children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Austin and don't have a car may qualify for this discount.
- Government Employees - Federal government employees can save as much as 8% but check with your company.
Just know that many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. Even though it may seem like you could get a free auto insurance policy, company stockholders wouldn't be very happy.
A few popular companies and a selection of discounts can be found below.
- State Farm discounts include good driver, good student, Drive Safe & Save, safe vehicle, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and student away at school.
- American Family may offer discounts for air bags, multi-vehicle, good student, good driver, defensive driver, mySafetyValet, and Steer into Savings.
- GEICO may include discounts for anti-lock brakes, federal employee, seat belt use, multi-policy, defensive driver, five-year accident-free, and anti-theft.
- 21st Century policyholders can earn discounts including good student, 55 and older, defensive driver, early bird, anti-lock brakes, teen driver, and air bags.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for multi-policy, continuous coverage, online signing, homeowner, and online quote discount.
When getting a coverage quote, ask each insurance company which discounts they offer. Depending on the company, some discounts may not be available everywhere. To see companies that offer the discounts shown above in Texas, click this link.
Three reasons car insurance is important
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a GMC Envoy in Austin, maintaining insurance serves several important purposes.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Envoy, most lenders will make it mandatory that you buy full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may buy a policy for your GMC for a lot more money and require you to fork over much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects your GMC Envoy and your assets. It will also reimburse you for medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your GMC gets damaged, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of buying car insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially when you need to use it. But the average driver in Texas is currently overpaying as much as $850 per year so it's important to compare rates at every renewal to save money.
Everyone needs different auto insurance coverages
Always keep in mind that when comparing coverage online or from an agent for your personal vehicles, there really is not a "perfect" insurance plan. Every insured's situation is different.
Here are some questions about coverages that might point out if you will benefit from professional help.
- If my car is totalled with they pay enough to replace it?
- Is my GMC Envoy covered for smoke damage?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
- How many claims can I have before being canceled?
- Is my state a no-fault state?
- Are combined or split liability limits better?
- I have a DUI can I still get coverage?
- Do I have coverage if I rent a car in Mexico?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form.
Independent or exclusive insurance agents
A small number of people still prefer to talk to a local agent and that can be a smart move One of the best bonuses of getting online price quotes is the fact that drivers can get lower car insurance rates and still choose a local agent. And providing support for local agents is important particularly in Austin.
Once you complete this simple form, your coverage information is sent to insurance agents in Austin that can give you free Austin car insurance quotes for your coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to leave your computer because quoted prices will be sent immediately to you. You can find the lowest rates AND a local agent. If you want to quote rates from a specific insurance company, feel free to search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
When looking for a good insurance agency, there are a couple of types of agencies and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Austin agents can be categorized as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agencies often have many company appointments so they have the ability to put coverage through lots of different companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If they find a lower price, an independent agent can move your coverage which makes it simple for you. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you absolutely need to get rate quotes from at least one independent agent to have the best price comparison. Most have the option of insuring with smaller regional carriers that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
The following is a partial list of independent agencies in Austin that can possibly get you comparison quotes.
- EZ Insurance Agency - Main
4502 S Congress Ave - Austin, TX 78745 - (512) 444-4040 - View Map
- Stanley Insurance Agency
512 W Stassney Ln #113 - Austin, TX 78745 - (512) 445-5555 - View Map
- Watkins Insurance Group
3834 Spicewood Springs Rd - Austin, TX 78759 - (512) 452-8877 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents can usually just insure with one company like Allstate and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot place coverage with different providers so it's a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agencies receive extensive training on the products they sell which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Some consumers prefer to choose to use an exclusive agent primarily because of loyalty to the company and solid financial strength.
Shown below is a list of exclusive agents in Austin that can give you price quote information.
- Allstate Insurance: Fleming and Conway Agency
3435 Greystone Dr Ste 107 - Austin, TX 78731 - (512) 345-0005 - View Map
- David Simmons - State Farm Insurance Agent
1910 W Braker Ln #400 - Austin, TX 78758 - (512) 837-8825 - View Map
- Carmina Eaton - State Farm Insurance Agent
4201 W Parmer Ln b170 - Austin, TX 78727 - (512) 244-6641 - View Map
Finding the right car insurance agent requires you to look at more than just the bottom line cost. Get answers to these questions too.
- Does the company have a local claim office in Austin?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Is the quote a firm price?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- What discounts might you be missing?
Upon receiving positive feedback to any questions you have as well as a price you're happy with, it's possible that you found a car insurance agent that meets the requirements to adequately provide auto insurance.