Are you tired of trying to find low-cost Honda Clarity insurance in Austin? No one likes paying for insurance, especially when they could lower their rates if they shopped around.
Unbelievable but true, the majority of drivers have been with the same company for over three years, and 38% of drivers have never even compared rates from other companies. With the average insurance premium being $1,847, U.S. drivers can cut their rates by 46.5% a year just by comparing rates, but they just don’t understand the actual amount they would save if they bought a different policy. With consumers having so many different company options, it can be challenging to find the lowest price insurance company.
Quoting and buying more affordable protection in Austin is simple if you know the tricks. If you have insurance now or need new coverage, use these cost-cutting techniques to find better prices and still get good coverage. You only need to know the most effective way to compare rate quotes online.
The companies shown below offer price quotes in Texas. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
Buying the right Clarity insurance in Texas is an important decision
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Honda in Austin, insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry a specific level of liability if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Clarity, most banks will have a requirement that you carry insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If you default on your policy, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Honda at a more expensive rate and require you to fork over for it.
- Insurance safeguards your vehicle and your assets. Insurance will pay for all forms of medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance will also pay to defend you if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver overpays as much as $855 a year so it’s important to compare rates at every policy renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Discounts mean cheaper rates for Honda Clarity insurance in Austin
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but you might already qualify for some discounts that many consumers don’t even know exist. Some trigger automatically at the time you complete a quote, but once in a while a discount must be inquired about prior to receiving the credit. If you do not double check each discount you qualify for, it’s possible you qualify for a lower rate.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Have your child complete a driver education course in school.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have anti-lock braking systems can reduce accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Vehicles optioned with advanced anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and will save you 10% or more on Clarity insurance in Austin.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Cars that have air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can qualify for discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Good Student Discount – Excelling in school can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up to age 25.
- Own a Home and Save – Just being a homeowner can save you money because owning a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Data Collection Discounts – Austin drivers who agree to allow driving data submission to look at when and where they use their vehicle through the use of a telematics system like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot could save a few bucks if they show good driving skills.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Maintaining low annual mileage can qualify you for cheaper prices.
- Policy Bundle Discount – When you combine your home and auto insurance and insure them both with the same insurance company you may save up to 20% and get you cheaper Clarity insurance.
- Clubs and Organizations – Being a member of a civic or occupational organization in Austin is a good way to get lower rates on auto insurance.
It’s important to note that most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Despite the appearance that you can get free auto insurance, nobody gets a free ride.
To find companies that offer many of these discounts in Texas, click here.
When to contact a local insurance agent
A lot of people would rather sit down with an agent and that is a personal choice. Good agents will help you protect your assets and help submit paperwork. A nice benefit of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that you can find cheap insurance quotes and still have an agent to talk to. And providing support for small agencies is definitely important in Austin.
After completing this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information gets sent to agents in your area who will give you quotes for your coverage. You won’t need to leave your house because prices are sent immediately to your email address. If you have a need to compare rates from one company in particular, you would need to visit that company’s website and fill out their quote form.
If you would like to find local Austin agents, you should know the different types of agents and how they can service your needs differently. Agents are categorized either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Both types can insure your vehicles, but it’s worth mentioning the differences since it may influence buying decisions.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents in the independent channel can quote rates with many companies so they can quote policies with many different companies and find the cheapest insurance rates. If prices rise, your agent can just switch to a different company and you don’t have to switch agencies. When comparing rates, you should always include several independent agencies to ensure the widest selection of prices.
The following is a list of independent agents in Austin who may provide free rate quotes.
Agents that choose to be exclusive generally can only insure with one company like State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents cannot provide prices from multiple companies so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. These agents are highly trained on the products they sell and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Austin willing to provide comparison quotes.
Choosing an insurance agent should depend on more than just a cheap price quote. Any agent in Austin should have no problem answering these questions:
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
What is the best car insurance coverage?
When buying the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. Every situation is different and your car insurance should unique, too.
These are some specific questions might help in determining if you would benefit from professional advice.
- Can I get by with minimal medical coverage if I have good health insurance?
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
- Am I covered if I hit a deer?
- Does coverage follow the driver or the vehicle?
- Is there a penalty for late payment?
- Is a new car covered when I drive it off the dealer lot?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- Does my policy cover my teen driver if they drive my company car?
- Am I covered if I hit someone who is not insured?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It’s fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Don’t give up on cheap rates
When trying to cut insurance costs, you should never buy poor coverage just to save money. In many cases, an insured cut liability limits or collision coverage only to regret at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your focus should be to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest cost, but do not skimp to save money.
In this article, we presented a lot of techniques to shop for Honda Clarity insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more companies you get prices for, the higher the chance of saving money. Drivers may even discover the lowest premium rates are with a small local company. Smaller companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates compared to the large companies like Allstate and Progressive.
Additional detailed information is located by following these links:
- Hybrid vehicles cost insurers more (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for 4×4 Vehicles in Austin? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a GMC Acadia in Austin? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Hybrid Vehicles in Austin? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a GMC Sierra in Austin? (FAQ)
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)