Feel like you’re a prisoner to high-priced Honda CR-Z insurance in Austin? You’re in good company because there are lots of Austin residents who feel the same.
A recent study showed that most consumers in Texas kept buying from the same company for four years or more, and virtually 40% of consumers have never even compared rates from other companies. American insurance shoppers could save an average of as much as $860 each year by just shopping around, but they don’t know how much savings they would realize if they bought a different policy.
Drivers have so many car insurance companies to pick from, and although it’s a good thing to have a selection, more options can take longer to get the best deal for Honda CR-Z insurance in Austin.
You may qualify for discounts for Honda CR-Z insurance in Austin
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always advertise every available discount in a way that’s easy to find, so the following is a list of both the well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious ways to save on car insurance.
- Accident Waiver – This one isn’t a discount, but a few companies such as Liberty Mutual, Allstate and State Farm will allow you to have one accident without getting socked with a rate hike if you are claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Responsible Drivers – Insureds without accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than drivers with accident claims.
- Smart Student Discounts – Excelling in school can save 20 to 25%. The good student discount can last until age 25.
- Austin Homeowners Pay Less – Owning a home in Austin can save you money because it is proof of financial responsibility.
- New Car Discount – Insuring a vehicle that is new can save up to 30% since newer vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Low Miles Discount – Low annual miles may enable drivers to earn substantially lower prices.
- Paperless Signup – Some car insurance companies give back up to $50 simply for signing on their website.
Remember that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Despite the appearance that all those discounts means the company will pay you, car insurance companies aren’t that generous. Any amount of discount will reduce the amount you have to pay.
Car insurance companies that may offer quotes with most of these discounts include:
If you need lower rates, check with every prospective company the best way to save money. Some credits may not apply in your area. To choose providers that offer the discounts shown above in Austin, follow this link.
The are a couple different ways of comparing rate quotes from different companies. The recommended way to comparison shop is simply to get online rate quotes.
Online shopping is fast and free, and it makes it obsolete to drive around to different agent offices. Buying insurance online makes this unnecessary unless you’re the type of person who wants the trained guidance of an agent trained in personal lines coverage. Drivers can get the lowest quotes online but buy from a local insurance agent.
When comparison shopping, comparing more rates from different companies increases your odds of finding the best offered rates.
The companies shown below are ready to provide comparison quotes in Texas. If several companies are displayed, it’s highly recommended you visit two to three different companies to find the most competitive auto insurance rates.
What if I want to buy from local Austin insurance agents?
A small number of people still like to buy from a licensed agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases A nice benefit of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that you can find the lowest rates and still choose a local agent. And providing support for local insurance agents is definitely important in Austin.
After completing this quick form, your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to agents in your area that provide free Austin car insurance quotes for your business. There is no reason to find an agent since rate quotes are delivered immediately to you. You can most likely find cheaper rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you have a need to get a comparison quote for a specific company, you can always visit that company’s website and complete a quote there.
If you prefer to buy car insurance from local Austin agents, you must know there are a couple different types of agents that you can select. Car insurance agents are classified as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Independent Car Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
These type of agents often have many company appointments so they can write business with multiple insurance companies and get the cheapest rates. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply switch companies in-house and that require little work on your part. If you need cheaper car insurance rates, you will want to contact at a minimum one independent agency for maximum quote selection.
Featured below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Austin that may be able to provide free car insurance rate quotes.
Exclusive agents generally can only insure with one company like Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. They are unable to compare other company’s rates so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive insurance agents are very knowledgeable on sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Listed below are exclusive agencies in Austin who can help you get rate quotes.
Finding a good insurance agency requires more thought than just a low price. Any agent in Austin should be willing to answer these questions.
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Austin?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- How long has their agency been open in Austin?
Persistence is the key to affordable rates
As you restructure your insurance plan, never reduce needed coverages to save money. There have been many situations where an insured cut collision coverage to discover at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The goal is to find the BEST coverage at an affordable rate, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Throughout this article, we presented many ways to reduce Honda CR-Z insurance premium rates online in Austin. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the better your chances of lowering your prices. Consumers may even find the best price on car insurance is with the least-expected company. Regional companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than the large multi-state companies such as Progressive or GEICO.
More information is available below:
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Welfare Recipients in Austin? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Austin Car Insurance Quotes for High Risk Drivers? (FAQ)
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)