How many times have you told yourself to find more competitive Honda Crosstour insurance in Austin? Are you tired of robbing Peter to pay Paul to insure your Honda every month? You have the same problem as many other Texas consumers.
Remarkably, a study showed that the vast majority of consumers have remained with the same auto insurance company for over three years, and just under half have never compared rates with other companies. The average driver in Austin could save about 70% each year, but they don’t understand how simple it is to save money by comparing rate quotes. Numerous auto insurance companies battle for your insurance dollar, so it’s not easy to compare every company to get the lowest rate possible on Honda Crosstour insurance in Austin.
Consumers should take time to get comparison quotes before your next renewal because auto insurance prices tend to go up over time. Even if you think you had the lowest quotes on Honda Crosstour insurance in Austin two years ago you can probably find a better rate now. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because you’re about to find out how to use the internet to lower your rates without sacrificing coverage.
If you are already insured or just want to save money, follow these tips to reduce premiums and still get good coverage. Locating the best rates in Austin can initially seem challenging. Smart shoppers only need to know the most time-saving way to compare company rates from multiple carriers.
Most of the larger companies like 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm allow you to get coverage prices directly from their websites. Comparing Honda Crosstour insurance rates online can be done by anyone because it’s just a matter of typing in the coverage amounts you desire into the quote form. Once entered, the system will order your credit score and driving record and gives you a price quote based on these and other factors. Using the web to get quotes for Honda Crosstour insurance in Austin streamlines rate comparisons, and it is imperative to compare as many rates as possible if you want to get the lowest possible payments on insurance.
To find out what other companies charge, compare rate quotes from the providers shown below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you copy the coverage information just like they are on your policy. Doing this guarantees you will have a fair comparison based on similar coverages.
The car insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide free quotes in Austin, TX. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
Discounts can help lower rates on Honda Crosstour insurance in Austin
Some insurers don’t necessarily list every discount they offer very well, so below is a list some of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits that may apply to you. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount you qualify for, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you can bundle your auto and homeowners insurance with one insurance company you will save over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- ABS Brakes – Vehicles with ABS and/or traction control can reduce accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Sign Online – A few larger online companies may give you up to $50 for buying your policy on your computer.
- Auto/Life Discount – Larger insurance carriers have better car insurance rates if you take out some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Driving less may allow you to get slightly better prices than normal.
- Drivers Education – Have your child take driver’s ed class in school or through a local driver safety program.
Consumers should know that some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because you may think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
Larger car insurance companies and some of the discounts are:
- State Farm offers discounts including Drive Safe & Save, Steer Clear safe driver discount, good driver, student away at school, multiple autos, and passive restraint.
- Liberty Mutual offers premium reductions for multi-policy, multi-car, good student, newly retired, preferred payment discount, and safety features.
- American Family offers discounts for defensive driver, mySafetyValet, good driver, Steer into Savings, bundled insurance, air bags, and TimeAway discount.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including continuous coverage, multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and good student.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for early shopping, teen driver, mature driver, electronic funds transfer, business and professional, pay in full, and youthful driver.
- Auto-Owners Insurance has savings for teen driver, group or association, multi-policy, safe vehicle, paperless, and safe driver.
- SAFECO may include discounts for anti-theft, safe driver, drive less, teen safe driver, and bundle discounts.
When quoting, ask every company to give you their best rates. Some credits might not be available to policyholders in Austin.
Buying insurance from Austin insurance agents
Some consumers would rather sit down and talk to an agent and that is a smart decision Licensed agents are very good at helping people manage risk and will help you if you have claims. The best thing about price shopping on the web is you can get lower prices and still have a local agent. Buying from local insurance agents is important especially in Austin.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, the coverage information is sent to companies in Austin that provide free Austin auto insurance quotes for your business. There is no reason to find an agent on your own because prices are sent immediately to your email address. If you need to get a rate quote for a specific company, just search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
If you want to use a local Austin insurance agent, it helps to know the two types of agencies and how they are slightly different. Agents can be categorized as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Either one can properly insure your vehicles, but it is a good idea to know the difference between them since it may influence buying decisions.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents of this type do not sell for just one brand so they can insure your vehicles through many companies and get the cheapest rates. To move your coverage to a new company, your agent can just switch to a different company and you don’t have to do anything. When comparing insurance prices, you definitely need to include price quotes from a couple of independent agencies for the best price selection.
Featured below are independent insurance agents in Austin that can possibly get you free insurance quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive have only one company to place business with such as Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. These agents are unable to compare rates from other companies so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agencies are trained well on their company’s products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Below are exclusive insurance agents in Austin that can give you rate quotes.
Finding a good car insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the quoted price. Any good agent in Austin should know the answers to these questions.
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
Learn How to Get Insurance More Affordably
When buying insurance it’s important to understand the rating factors that come into play when calculating the price you pay for insurance. When you understand what impacts premium levels, this allows you to make good choices that can earn you lower rates. Many factors are used in the calculation when you get a price on insurance. Some are pretty understandable like an MVR report, but some are more obscure like where you live or your financial responsibility.
The list below includes some of the items utilized by car insurance companies to help set premiums.
- Your location is important – Residing in small towns and rural areas is a positive aspect if you are looking for the lowest rates. City drivers tend to have more traffic problems and longer commutes to work. Fewer drivers on the road means a lower chance of having an accident in addition to lower liability claims
- Drivers with high credit save – Having a bad credit score is a big factor in calculating your premium rate. If your credit rating is low, you could be paying less to insure your Honda Crosstour by repairing your credit. People with excellent credit tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than drivers with lower credit ratings.
- Teenagers vs. older drivers – Teen drivers in Texas have been known to be careless and easily distracted when driving with friends so they pay higher insurance rates. Older, more experienced drivers are proven to be safer behind the wheel, tend to cause fewer accidents, and receive fewer citations.
- When should you not file a policy claims? – If you file claims often, you can pretty much guarantee higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Companies in Texas give discounts to drivers who only file infrequent claims. Your car insurance is intended to be relied upon for larger claims.
- Guys are more aggressive – Statistics demonstrate that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. It does not mean men are worse drivers. Females and males cause at-fault accidents in similar percentages, but the men cause more damage. Men also statistically get more serious tickets such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly. Youthful male drivers are several times more likely to be in an accident so they pay the highest premiums.
- Safer vehicles mean better insurance rates – Safer cars tend to have lower insurance rates. Safer cars reduce occupant injuries and fewer injuries translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and cheaper rates on your policy.
- Fewer miles means better prices – Driving a lot of miles every year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Most companies price each vehicle’s coverage based on how the vehicle is used. Vehicles left parked in the garage can be on a lower rate level than vehicles that have high annual mileage. Incorrect rating for your Crosstour is just wasting money. It’s a good idea to make sure your insurance policy correctly shows the right rating data, because it can save money.
Why you need insurance
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Austin, insurance serves several important purposes.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Honda, almost every bank will make it a condition of the loan that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Honda at a more expensive rate and make you pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your Honda and your personal assets. Insurance will also pay for many types of medical costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of having insurance outweigh the cost, particularly for liability claims. But the average American driver overpays as much as $800 each year so you should quote and compare rates every year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
You can lower your car insurance rates
In this article, we covered many ways to shop for Honda Crosstour insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even find the biggest savings come from a smaller regional carrier. They can often provide lower prices in certain areas than their larger competitors like Progressive or GEICO.
While you’re price shopping online, it’s very important that you do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. Too many times, someone dropped physical damage coverage to discover at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your focus should be to buy the best coverage you can find at a price you can afford, but do not skimp to save money.
More detailed car insurance information can be read by following these links:
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Drivers Over Age 50 in Austin? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Austin Car Insurance Rates for Uninsured Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Austin Car Insurance Quotes for High Risk Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Lyft Drivers in Austin? (FAQ)
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)