Overpriced insurance in Austin can bottom out your personal savings and force you to make tough financial choices.
A recent NerdWallet.com study revealed that a large majority of consumers kept their coverage with the same insurance company for at least the last four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never compared rates from other carriers. With the average insurance premium being $2,700, Texas drivers can save nearly $1,766 each year by just comparing quotes, but they just don’t understand the large savings they would see if they switch to a new company.
With so many choices of insurance companies that have affordable insurance for a Honda S2000 in Austin, it can be hard to pick the lowest price company.
You need to take a look at other company’s rates on a regular basis since prices are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Even if you think you had the best deal on Honda S2000 insurance in Austin two years ago there may be better deals available now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to how to use the internet to find the best coverage while lowering your premiums.
These techniques will help educate you on how insurance works and also save some money in the process If you have a policy now, you will be able to lower your rates using these tips. But Texas vehicle owners must learn how the larger insurance companies charge you for coverage and use this information to your advantage.
Insurance policy discounts you can’t miss
Companies that sell car insurance don’t necessarily list every discount they offer in an easy-to-find place, so we break down some of the best known and also the more inconspicuous discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Austin auto insurance online.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags could see savings of 25 to 30%.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Having primary and secondary vehicles on a single policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Some companies give discounts for signing up before your current S2000 insurance policy expires. You could save around 10% when you buy Austin auto insurance online.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers without accidents can pay as much as 50% less than drivers with accidents.
- Driver Education Discount – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers complete a driver education course if offered at their school.
- Claim-Free Discount – Drivers with accident-free driving histories are rewarded with significantly better rates on Austin auto insurance quote in comparison to policyholders that have many claims.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you can bundle your auto and home insurance with one company you may earn up to 20% and get you affordable Honda S2000 insurance rates in Austin.
As a sidenote, some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Just because it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it just doesn’t work that way.
To locate insurers that offer some of these discounts in Texas, follow this link.
Keep in mind that more quotes helps you find lower pricing.
The following companies provide free rate quotes in Texas. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you get rates from several of them to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
Insurance agents can help
When it comes to buying your policy, there is no single plan that fits everyone. Each situation is unique.
For instance, these questions might point out if your situation could use an agent’s help.
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
- What if a claim settlement is too low?
- Am I covered by my spouse’s policy after a separation?
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
- What is the premium to book value ratio for dropping full coverage?
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my Honda S2000 is totaled?
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
Neighborhood Austin auto insurance agents
Many people still prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and there is nothing wrong with that. A nice benefit of getting online price quotes is you can get the best rates and also buy local. Buying from local agencies is important particularly in Austin.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), the coverage information gets sent to local insurance agents in Austin who will return price quotes to get your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to contact any agents because prices are sent to your email. You can most likely find cheaper rates without requiring a lot of work. If you need to compare rates from a specific company, you can always visit that company’s website and complete a quote there.
Multiple types of car insurance agents in Austin
If you want to buy car insurance from a local Austin insurance agency, you must know there are a couple different agency structures and how they can write your policy. Car insurance policy providers are classified as either independent or exclusive.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Independent agents are not locked into one company so they can quote policies with an assortment of companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If prices rise, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you don’t have to find a new agent. If you need cheaper car insurance rates, it’s recommended you include price quotes from multiple independent agents to maximize your price options.
The following is a partial list of independent agencies in Austin that may be able to provide free rate quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These agents normally can only provide a single company’s rates and some examples include Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to compare other company’s rates so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive insurance agents are highly trained on sales techniques and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
The following are Austin exclusive insurance agencies who can help you get comparison quotes.
Finding a good insurance agent should include more criteria than just the bottom line cost. Here are some questions to ask:
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
Get the best coverage at the lowest price
When searching for low cost Austin auto insurance quotes, it’s a bad idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are too many instances where someone sacrificed liability limits or collision coverage and learned later that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The aim is to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest cost while still protecting your assets.
We covered some good ideas how you can lower your Honda S2000 insurance premium rates in Austin. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the better chance you’ll have of finding inexpensive Austin auto insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the best premium rates are with some of the smallest insurance companies.
Some companies may not offer price quotes online and many times these small insurance companies provide coverage only through independent agencies. Cheaper Honda S2000 insurance in Austin can be found online as well as from insurance agents, so you need to compare both to get a complete price analysis.
Additional car insurance information can be read at these links:
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Seniors in Austin? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Austin Auto Insurance Rates for Infrequent Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a Subaru Forester in Austin? (FAQ)
- How Much are Austin Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Camry? (FAQ)
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)