Having to pay for high-priced auto insurance in Austin can deplete your family’s budget and make it hard to pay other bills. Performing a price comparison is a smart way to reduce premiums and put more money in your pocket.
It’s hard to fathom, but almost 70% of insureds in Texas kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for a minimum of four years, and 38% of drivers have never taken the time to shop around. American drivers could cut their rates by $859 a year by just shopping around, but they mistakenly think it’s difficult to find cheap insurance by shopping around.
Insurance companies such as GEICO, 21st Century and Progressive persitently shower you with ads and it is challenging if not impossible to ignore the propaganda and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
Most major insurance companies make it easy to get coverage price quotes from their websites. This process is very simple as you just type in the coverage amounts you desire on the page. Once entered, the quote system pulls your credit score and driving record and generates a price. Quoting online for Hyundai Tucson insurance in Austin makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it’s very important to perform this step if you are searching for the cheapest possible prices on car insurance.
To compare rates using this form now, compare rate quotes from the providers shown below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you input your coverages as close as possible to your current policy. Doing this guarantees you will have a price comparison using the exact same coverages.
The companies shown below are ready to provide free rate quotes in Texas. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to find the most competitive car insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Tucson GLS 2WD||$162||$280||$366||$22||$110||$940||$78|
|Tucson GLS 4WD||$206||$322||$400||$24||$120||$1,072||$89|
|Tucson Limited 2WD||$256||$504||$366||$22||$110||$1,258||$105|
|Tucson Limited 4WD||$206||$392||$400||$24||$120||$1,142||$95|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Information does not factor in vehicle location which can revise coverage rates considerably.
Physical damage deductible comparison
The chart below demonstrates how choosing different deductibles and can raise or lower Hyundai Tucson insurance costs for different ages of insureds. The data is based on a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Insurance policy discounts for Hyundai Tucson insurance in Austin
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but you might be missing out on some discounts that can drop the cost substantially. A few discounts will automatically apply at the time of purchase, but once in a while a discount must be specially asked for prior to receiving the credit. If you’re not getting every credit you qualify for, you may be paying too high a price.
- Active Military Service – Having an actively deployed family member could trigger a small discount.
- Driver’s Ed – Have your child participate in a local driver’s education class if it’s offered in school.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Some companies provide a discount for switching to them before your current Tucson insurance policy expires. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Low Mileage – Low annual miles could be rewarded with cheaper premium rates.
- 55 and Retired – Drivers over the age of 55 may be able to get lower premium rates.
- College Student Discount – Children living away from Austin attending college and leave their car at home can receive lower rates.
One last thing about discounts, most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. Just because it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it’s just not the way it works.
A list of companies and a partial list of their discounts are detailed below.
- Progressive may have discounts that include multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, continuous coverage, and good student.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including five-year accident-free, anti-lock brakes, emergency military deployment, daytime running lights, and membership and employees.
- State Farm discounts include student away at school, anti-theft, multiple autos, driver’s education, defensive driving training, and good driver.
- Esurance may offer discounts for homeowner, Switch & Save, anti-lock brakes, renters, good driver, DriveSense, and good student.
- The Hartford offers discounts including anti-theft, bundle, air bag, driver training, and defensive driver.
If you need cheaper Austin auto insurance quotes, ask all the companies which credits you are entitled to. Discounts may not apply to policies in Austin. To see insurers that offer the discounts shown above in Austin, click this link.
You may require the services of an agent
Many people prefer to sit down with an agent and that is a smart decision The best thing about getting free rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get lower premium rates but also keep your business local. Supporting neighborhood agents is still important in Austin.
After completing this quick form, the quote information is immediately sent to participating agents in Austin who can give free rate quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You don’t have to search for an agent since rate quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. It’s the lowest rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you wish to get a rate quote from a specific auto insurance provider, don’t hesitate to go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
Finding the right company needs to be determined by more than just a cheap quote. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- Where are claims handled?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Austin?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
Will just any policy work for me?
When choosing the best insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a single plan that fits everyone. Each situation is unique so this has to be addressed.
For instance, these questions may help you determine if your situation will benefit from professional help.
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
- Is my son or daughter covered when driving my car?
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
- Who is covered when they drive my Hyundai Tucson?
- How much liability coverage do I need in Texas?
- Are my company tools covered if they get stolen?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- What are the financial responsibility laws in my state?
- Is my camper covered for physical damage?
- Should I buy only the required Texas minimum liability coverage?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Hyundai Tucson Insurance Cost Factors
Part of the auto insurance buying process is learning some of the things that play a part in calculating your premiums. If you know what influences your rates, this allows you to make good choices that will entitle you to much lower annual insurance costs. Lots of factors are part of the calculation when you get a price on insurance. A few of the factors are predictable like your driving record, but other criteria are more transparent like where you live or your vehicle rating.
Auto insurance policy lapses increase prices – Not having insurance is against the law and you will pay a penalty because you let your insurance lapse for non-payment. Not only will you pay higher rates, getting caught without coverage may result in a license revocation or jail time.
Too many policy claims and you’ll pay more – If you tend to file frequent claims, you can definitely plan on higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Auto insurance companies in Texas provide lower rates to insureds who file claims infrequently. Your car insurance is intended to be relied upon for more catastrophic claims.
Premiums are affected by your credit history – Having a bad credit score is a big factor in determining your rates. Insureds with good credit tend to file fewer claims than those with lower ratings. If your credit rating can use some improvement, you could pay less to insure your Hyundai Tucson by improving your credit score.
Safety first – Vehicles that have high safety ratings are cheaper to insure. The safest vehicles help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and reduced instances of injuries means your insurance company pays less and thus lower rates.
Where you reside plays a part – Residing in areas with lower population can be a good thing when insuring your vehicles. Lower population corresponds to lower accident rates as well as less vandalism and auto theft. People who live in big cities tend to have much more traffic and longer commutes to work. The longer drive time can result in more accidents.
Liability insurance limits are a factor – Your policy’s liability coverage kicks in in the event that you are responsible for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. This coverage provides legal defense coverage which can cost thousands of dollars. This coverage is very inexpensive compared to physical damage coverage, so do not skimp.
If you don’t need it don’t buy it – There are a lot of optional add-on coverages that can waste your money on your auto insurance policy. Add-on coverages like rental car reimbursement, towing coverage, and additional equipment coverage are examples of these. These may sound like a good investment when deciding what coverages you need, but if you don’t need them think about removing them and cutting costs.
Married drivers get cheaper prices – Having a spouse may earn you lower rates on auto insurance. Having a spouse means you’re less irresponsible and insurance companies reward insureds because married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
Insurance losses for a Hyundai Tucson – Insurance companies include the past claim history for a vehicle when setting premium rates. Models that the data determines to have higher claim frequency or loss amount will be charged more to insure.
The table below outlines the historical loss data for Hyundai Tucson vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is equal to 100. Percentage values below 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while values that are above 100 point to more losses or a tendency for claims to be larger.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Hyundai Tucson Models
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Hyundai Tucson 4dr 2WD||80||96||66||108||110||101|
|Hyundai Tucson 4dr 4WD||82||102||70||109||109||109|
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Insurance does more than just repair your car
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Austin, insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a minimum amount of liability in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Hyundai, most banks will require that you have physical damage coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank may insure your Hyundai for a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
- Insurance preserves both your vehicle and your assets. It will also reimburse you for medical transport and hospital expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit in the event you are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of insuring your Tucson more than cancel out the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. The average driver in Texas is wasting up to $855 a year so it’s recommended you shop around at every policy renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Affordable car insurance premiums are out there
Budget-friendly car insurance in Austin can be bought from both online companies and from local agencies, so you should be comparing quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. There are still a few companies who do not offer the ability to get quotes online and usually these small, regional companies work with independent agencies.
We’ve covered a lot of techniques to save on Hyundai Tucson insurance in Austin. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get auto insurance rates for, the higher the chance of saving money. Drivers may even discover the best price on car insurance is with the least-expected company. These smaller insurers may cover specific market segments cheaper compared to the large companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Company Car in Austin? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for 4×4 Vehicles in Austin? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Austin Car Insurance for Drivers Over Age 70? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Highlander in Austin? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for High School Students in Austin? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance After a Speeding Ticket in Austin? (FAQ)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Institute)