Trying to find low-cost insurance for a Hyundai XG350 in Texas can be difficult, but you can learn the following methods to make it easier. There are both good and bad ways to compare insurance rates and you need to know the absolute fastest way to compare rates on a Hyundai and get the cheapest rates either online or from Austin insurance agents.
It’s astonishing, but the vast majority of consumers renewed their policy with the same company for a minimum of four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never compared rate quotes at all. The average driver in America could save themselves $860 a year by just shopping around, but they don’t want to take the time to find cheap insurance by shopping around.
Get affordable Hyundai XG350 insurance in Austin with discounts
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but you can get discounts that may help make it more affordable. Certain discounts will be applied when you quote, but occasionally some discounts must be asked about before you will receive the discount.
- Home Ownership Discount – Owning a home in Austin can help you save on auto insurance due to the fact that maintaining a home is proof of financial responsibility.
- Distant Student Discount – College-age children who attend college more than 100 miles from Austin and leave their car at home may be able to be covered for less.
- Driver Education Discount – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers participate in a local driver’s education class in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Organization Discounts – Joining a civic or occupational organization in Austin may earn a discount when getting a Austin car insurance quote.
- Military Deployment Discount – Being deployed in the military can result in better rates.
- Anti-theft Discount – Vehicles equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and will save you 10% or more on XG350 insurance in Austin.
- Driving Data Discount – Insureds who allow driving data collection to monitor where and when they drive remotely such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system might get better premium rates if they show good driving skills.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may get savings of 20% or more.
- Defensive Driver – Successfully completing a course that instructs on driving safety could possibly earn you a 5% discount depending on where you live.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. If you do the math and it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
To see a list of insurers that offer the discounts shown above in Austin, click here.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Texas. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you compare several of them to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
Cut Insurance Costs with These Tips
When buying car insurance it’s important to understand the different types of things that go into determining the level of your policy premiums. If you have a feel for what influences your rates, this enables you to make decisions that can earn you lower rates.
Shown below are some of the most rate-impacting factors used by companies to determine your premiums.
Safer cars mean better prices – Vehicles with good safety scores tend to be cheaper to insure. These vehicles help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and lower rates of occupant injuries translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and lower rates for you.
Improve your credit rating and save – Having a bad credit rating is a big factor in determining what you pay for car insurance. If your credit history is not that good, you could pay less to insure your Hyundai XG350 by taking the time to improve your credit score. Insureds with good credit tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims as compared to drivers with lower credit scores.
Prices may be higher where you live – Having an address in less populated areas of the country can be a good thing when insuring your vehicles. Fewer people translates into fewer accidents and a lower car theft rate. People in densely populated areas have congested traffic and higher rates of accident claims. More time commuting means higher likelihood of an accident.
Car features impact car insurance rates – Choosing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can save you a little every year. Systems that thwart thieves like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system all help prevent auto theft.
Insurance is expensive for teenage drivers – Young drivers in Texas are statistically shown to be inattentive in a vehicle therefore car insurance rates are much higher. Adding a youthful driver onto your car insurance can cause a big jump in price. Mature drivers are proven to be safer behind the wheel, cost insurance companies less in claims, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.
What if I want to buy from local Austin auto insurance agents?
Some people prefer to get advice from a local agent and doing that can be a smart decision Good agents can help determine the best coverages and will help you if you have claims. The biggest benefit of comparing car insurance online is the fact that you can find cheap car insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent.
After filling out this short form, your coverage information is transmitted to companies in Austin who will give you quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You never need to find an agent because prices are sent to you instantly. If you have a need to quote rates from a specific insurance company, you would need to go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
Finding the right provider requires you to look at more than just a cheap quote. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Does the agent help file claims?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- How long has their agency been in business in Austin?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
When looking for a good insurance agency, it’s important to understand the types of insurance agents that you can select. Austin agents can be categorized as either independent agents or exclusive agents. Either can write car insurance policies, but it’s important to know the difference between them because it can impact the kind of agent you use.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
These agents have only one company to place business with and some examples include Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. These agents are unable to provide other company’s prices so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on the products they sell which can be an advantage. A lot of people buy from the same agent for years primarily because of the brand name and strong financial ratings.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Austin who can help you get price quote information.
- Bob Jennings – State Farm Insurance Agent
4405 Pack Saddle Pass – Austin, TX 78745 – (512) 444-9671 – View Map
- David Simmons – State Farm Insurance Agent
1910 W Braker Ln #400 – Austin, TX 78758 – (512) 837-8825 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Homero Escobar
730 W Stassney Ln Ste 230 – Austin, TX 78745 – (512) 443-9598 – View Map
Agents in the independent channel are appointed with more than one company so they have the ability to put coverage with a variety of different insurance companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If they quote lower rates, your policy is moved internally and you don’t have to switch agencies.
If you are comparing car insurance prices, you will want to check rates from at least one independent agent to have the most options to choose from. Most also have access to less well-known companies which could offer lower prices.
The following are Austin independent agencies willing to provide price quote information.
- EZ Insurance Agency – Main
4502 S Congress Ave – Austin, TX 78745 – (512) 444-4040 – View Map
- E-Z Insurance – South
4011 S 1st St – Austin, TX 78745 – (512) 443-9700 – View Map
- Lezam Insurance
4301 W. William Cannon Dr., Ste. B-120 – Austin, TX 78749 – (512) 263-4333 – View Map
After talking to the agent and getting good feedback to any questions you have as well as cheaper XG350 insurance quotes, you’ve probably found an insurance agency that is reliable enough to adequately provide car insurance. But keep in mind once you purchase a policy you can cancel your policy at any point so never assume you are locked into a specific company for the entire policy term.
Insuring your XG350 just makes sense
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Hyundai in Austin, auto insurance serves several important purposes.
First, most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability in order to license the vehicle. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you bought your vehicle with a loan, more than likely the lender will force you to have full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If the policy lapses, the lender will be forced to insure your Hyundai for a much higher rate and force you to pay the higher premium.
Third, insurance protects your vehicle and your assets. Insurance will also pay for hospital and medical expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit in the event you are sued. If you have damage to your Hyundai as the result of the weather or an accident, your policy will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially when you need to use it. As of last year, the average driver in Texas is wasting up to $825 a year so compare rate quotes at every policy renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
In the end, you can save money
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are a lot of situations where an accident victim reduced full coverage to discover at claim time that they should have had better coverage. Your strategy should be to buy enough coverage at the best price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Lower-priced auto insurance in Austin can be bought both online and with local Austin insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance companies do not provide internet price quotes and most of the time these smaller companies only sell coverage through local independent agencies.
Drivers leave their current company for a variety of reasons including delays in responding to claim requests, lack of trust in their agent, not issuing a premium refund and poor customer service. Whatever your reason, switching auto insurance companies can be easy and end up saving you some money.
More tips and info about auto insurance is located in the articles below:
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)
- How Much is Austin Car Insurance for Low Income Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Welfare Recipients in Austin? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Austin Car Insurance Rates for a Hyundai Elantra? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Learners Permit in Austin? (FAQ)
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)