Want to know how to find lower-priced car insurance rates in Austin, TX? Austin drivers have a choice when trying to find the best price on Ford Ranger insurance. They can either spend hours driving around trying to get quotes or use the internet to find the lowest rates. There is a right way and a wrong way to buy car insurance and you need to know the absolute fastest way to quote coverages for your Ford and find the lowest price.
It’s a great practice to check car insurance prices as often as possible because insurance prices fluctuate regularly. Even if you got the best price on Ford Ranger insurance in Austin a couple years back there may be better deals available now. You’ll find a ton of advice on Ranger insurance on the internet, but in this article, you’re going to get the best ways to find cheap car insurance in Austin.
Locating the best rates in Austin is really not that difficult. If you have a policy now, you should be able to buy cheaper auto insurance using the techniques covered below. Smart buyers just have to learn the least time-consuming way to buy auto insurance over the internet.
The easiest way to compare car insurance company rates for Ford Ranger insurance in Austin is to know the fact auto insurance companies have advanced systems to provide you with free rate quotes. All you need to do is provide the companies a bit of rating information including daily mileage, your job, if you require a SR-22, and driver ages. Your insurance information is instantly submitted to all major companies and you get price estimates quickly.
To compare cheap Ford Ranger insurance rates now, click here and enter your coverage details.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide free quotes in Austin, TX. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you get prices from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Ranger XL 2WD||$198||$376||$392||$24||$118||$1,108||$92|
|Ranger XL SuperCab 2WD||$232||$404||$514||$30||$154||$1,334||$111|
|Ranger XLT 2WD||$208||$328||$382||$22||$114||$1,054||$88|
|Ranger XL 2WD||$208||$328||$382||$22||$114||$1,054||$88|
|Ranger XL SuperCab 4WD||$160||$272||$358||$22||$108||$920||$77|
|Ranger XLT SuperCab 2WD||$246||$580||$400||$24||$120||$1,370||$114|
|Ranger Sport SuperCab 2WD||$326||$592||$500||$30||$150||$1,598||$133|
|Ranger Sport SuperCab 4WD||$136||$306||$430||$26||$128||$1,026||$86|
|Ranger XLT SuperCab 4WD||$198||$412||$358||$22||$108||$1,098||$92|
|Ranger Sport SuperCab 2WD||$208||$400||$382||$22||$114||$1,126||$94|
|Ranger XLT SuperCab 2WD||$204||$460||$462||$28||$138||$1,292||$108|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, and claim-free. Price estimates do not factor in specific location which can alter rates considerably.
Auto insurance cost for men versus women
The example below shows the comparison of Ford Ranger insurance rates for male and female drivers. The rate quotes are based on no accidents, no driving violations, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are factored in.
Discount Austin car insurance quotes
Companies that sell car insurance do not advertise all available discounts very clearly, so the below list has a few of the more well known as well as some of the hidden credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Austin auto insurance online. If they aren’t giving you every credit you deserve, you could be getting lower rates.
- Multiple Policy Discount – When you have multiple policies with the same insurance company you could save approximately 10% to 15%.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Successfully completing a course in driver safety could possibly earn you a 5% discount depending on where you live.
- Theft Deterrent – Cars and trucks equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are less likely to be stolen and will qualify for a discount on a Austin auto insurance quote.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Cars that have air bags or motorized seat belts can receive discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Resident Student – Children who live away from home to go to college and leave their car at home can receive lower rates.
- Payment Discounts – By paying your entire bill at once instead of paying each month you could save 5% or more.
Remember that most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most cut individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. So even though you would think you can get free auto insurance, it doesn’t quite work that way.
Companies and some of their more popular discounts are:
- 21st Century may offer discounts for anti-lock brakes, teen driver, student driver, 55 and older, and early bird.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for passive restraint, defensive driving training, accident-free, anti-theft, multiple policy, and multiple autos.
- AAA offers discounts including good driver, anti-theft, education and occupation, multi-car, good student, and multi-policy.
- Liberty Mutual may include discounts for safety features, new move discount, newly married, exclusive group savings, hybrid vehicle, and new graduate.
- Progressive offers discounts for homeowner, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, multi-policy, online signing, and online quote discount.
Before you buy a policy, ask all companies you are considering which discounts you may be entitled to. Savings might not be offered on policies in Austin. To view insurance companies that offer multiple discounts in Austin, click this link.
Informed Consumers Know How to Quote Auto Insurance at a Discount
Many things are considered when premium rates are determined. Most are fairly basic such as your driving record, but others are not as apparent such as whether you are married and annual miles driven. Smart consumers have a good feel for a few of the rating criteria that help determine the price you pay for auto insurance. When consumers understand what determines base rates, this helps enable you to make changes that may reward you with much lower annual insurance costs.
- An auto insurance policy lapse is a bad thing – Driving with no insurance is a misdemeanor and your next policy will cost more because you let your coverage lapse. Not only will rates go up, getting caught without coverage might get you a steep fine or even jail time. You may then have to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the Texas motor vehicle department.
- Your employer can affect prices – Occupations such as judges, airline pilots, and stock brokers are shown to have higher premium rates because of stressful work requirements and lots of time spent at work. On the flip side, jobs such as professors, students and retirees have lower than average premiums.
- Save by driving safer cars – Safer cars tend to have lower insurance rates. These vehicles reduce occupant injuries and lower injury rates means your insurance company pays less and thus lower rates. If your Ford Ranger is rated at a minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website you are probably receiving a discount.
- Females tend to be lower risk – Over time, data shows females are less aggressive when driving. However, don’t assume that males are worse at driving than females. Women and men are in accidents in similar percentages, but men cause more damage. Not only are claims higher, but men receive more major tickets like DUI and reckless driving. Male drivers age 16 to 19 are the most expensive to insure and therefore pay the highest rates.
- Deter theft and pay less – Owning a car with an alarm system can earn a premium discount. Theft prevention devices like OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems all help prevent car theft.
- Bump up physical damage deductibles to lower rates – Physical damage insurance, aka comp and collision, is used to repair damage to your Ford. Some coverage claims could be colliding with a building, hail damage, and burglary. Your deductibles state the amount of money you are required to spend out-of-pocket if the claim is covered. The more expense you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the lower your rates will be.
- Don’t cut corners with liability insurance – Your auto insurance policy’s liability coverage is the coverage that protects you when you are ruled to be at fault for personal injury or accident damage. It provides you with a defense in court to defend your case. This coverage is relatively inexpensive when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
- Rate your vehicle for proper use – The more you drive every year the higher your rate. A lot of companies calculate prices based upon how you use the vehicle. Vehicles that sit idle most of the time can get a lower rate than vehicles that have high annual mileage. An improperly rated Ranger is throwing money out the window. Ask your agent if your auto insurance policy properly reflects how each vehicle is driven, because improper ratings can cost you money.
Comparing quotes from local Austin insurance agencies
Some people would rather talk to a local agent and that is a personal choice. Professional insurance agents can make sure you are properly covered and help submit paperwork. A good thing about getting online price quotes is that drivers can save money and get better rates but still work with a licensed agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, your coverage information is immediately sent to local insurance agents who will gladly provide quotes for your auto insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to drive around due to the fact that quote results will go to you. If you have a need to compare prices from a specific insurance company, you just need to search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
Choosing a provider is decision based upon more than just the quoted price. The following questions are important to ask.
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- Is there a local claims center in Austin?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Does their agency support local causes in Austin?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
Different types of Austin auto insurance agents
When looking for a local insurance agency, there are two types of insurance agents and how they can quote your rates. Insurance agencies in Austin can be classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents. Either type can sell affordable auto insurance policies, but it’s a good idea to understand how they differ because it can impact buying decisions.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents can usually just insure with one company such as Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agents cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so keep that in mind. Exclusive agencies receive extensive training on sales techniques which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Some people will only buy from exclusive agents mostly because of the brand legacy rather than low price.
Listed below are exclusive insurance agents in Austin who may provide you with price quote information.
- Richard Munoz – State Farm Insurance Agent
5446 W US Hwy 290 Service Rd #104 – Austin, TX 78735 – (512) 892-3527 – View Map
- Jane McQuiggin-Hutson – State Farm Insurance Agent
2307 W Parmer Ln – Austin, TX 78727 – (512) 973-8501 – View Map
- Robert Ndegwa – State Farm Insurance Agent
1200 W Howard Ln f – Austin, TX 78753 – (512) 837-8818 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These agents are not required to write business for one company so they can write business amongst many companies and find you the best rates. To move your coverage to a new company, they can switch companies in-house and that require little work on your part.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you will definitely want to get some free quotes from a few independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Many independent agencies also insure through different regional companies which may have better rates.
Listed below is a list of independent insurance agents in Austin that are able to give rate quotes.
- Mitchamore Insurance Agency
560, 5316 W US Highway 290 Service Rd – Austin, TX 78735 – (512) 730-1424 – View Map
- Dean Davis Insurance Agency
7950 Anderson Square Suite 101 – Austin, TX 78757 – (512) 454-4511 – View Map
- Stanley Insurance Agency
512 W Stassney Ln #113 – Austin, TX 78745 – (512) 445-5555 – View Map
If you receive answers to your satisfaction to these questions as well as offering an affordable quote, chances are good that you have found an insurance agent that can be trusted to insure your vehicles.
It’s not one size fits all
When it comes to a policy for your personal vehicles, there really isn’t a “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
These are some specific questions could help you determine whether or not you might need professional guidance.
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- What states are considered no-fault?
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
- Are rock-chip repairs free?
- Should I have a commercial auto policy?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required Texas minimum liability coverage?
- What is UM/UIM insurance?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you might consider talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can help protect your family.
Cheap insurance premiums are out there
Affordable Ford Ranger insurance in Austin can be bought both online as well as from independent agents in Austin, and you should compare rates from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. There are still a few companies who don’t offer online rate quotes and usually these regional insurance providers prefer to sell through independent agencies.
People switch companies for any number of reasons including not issuing a premium refund, high prices, denial of a claim or policy cancellation. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding a new company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
When searching for affordable Ford Ranger insurance quotes, never buy less coverage just to save a little money. In many cases, an insured dropped collision coverage only to discover later that they should have had better coverage. Your goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best cost and still be able to protect your assets.
More information can be found on the following sites:
- Rearview cameras reduce backing crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for a Honda CR-V in Austin? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Austin Auto Insurance for 19 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for a Subaru Outback in Austin? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for a Mazda CX-7 in Austin? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record in Austin? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Good Students in Austin? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Austin Car Insurance for a Toyota Tacoma? (FAQ)
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)