Finding better insurance prices for your Ford Transit Connect in Texas can normally be difficult, but you can learn the following methods to make it easier.
There are more efficient ways to find auto insurance online and we’ll show you the quickest way to get price quotes on a Ford and find the lowest possible price from both online companies and Austin agents.
A recent survey discovered that most auto insurance buyers kept their policy with the same company for more than four years, and 38% of customers have never even compared quotes to find lower-cost rates. Many drivers in Texas could save an average of almost 70% each year by just comparing quotes, but most just don’t grasp the rate savings if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
Quoting and comparing the lowest cost policy in Austin is simple if you know the tricks. If you have a current car insurance policy or need new coverage, follow these tips to reduce premiums without sacrificing coverage. Smart buyers just need to understand the fastest way to shop their coverage around from many different companies online.
The companies in the list below offer free quotes in Texas. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you compare several of them to get the cheapest price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Transit Connect XL 2WD||$136||$306||$430||$26||$128||$1,026||$86|
|Transit Connect XLT 2WD||$260||$544||$392||$24||$118||$1,338||$112|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, multi-policy, and claim-free. Information does not factor in zip code location which can revise prices significantly.
Does it make sense to buy full coverage?
The example below illustrates the comparison of Ford Transit Connect yearly insurance costs when comparing full coverage to liability only. The data is based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, single male driver, and no discounts are applied.
When to drop comp and collision
There isn’t a written rule of when to stop paying for full coverage, but there is a general school of thought. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is about 10% or more of the replacement cost minus the deductible, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Ford Transit Connect replacement cost is $3,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, you would only receive $2,000 after paying your deductible. If it’s costing in excess of $200 annually for your policy with full coverage, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some conditions where only buying liability is not advised. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you must maintain physical damage coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not buy liability only.
Responsible drivers pay cheaper Austin auto insurance rates
The example below shows how violations and accident claims can increase Ford Transit Connect car insurance rates for each age group. The premiums assume a married male driver, full coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Insurance policy discounts for Ford Transit Connect insurance in Austin
Some companies don’t necessarily list every discount they offer in an easy-to-find place, so below is a list a few of the more common and the harder-to-find credits that may apply to you.
- Paperwork-free – Certain larger companies will give you a small discount for completing your application on their website.
- Low Miles Discount – Low mileage vehicles may allow you to get lower premium rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Select insurance companies reward you with a discounted price on car insurance if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Accident-free drivers can pay as much as 50% less as compared to drivers with claims.
- Good Student Discount – Performing well in school may save you up to 25%. The discount lasts well after school through age 25.
- Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who require all occupants to buckle up before driving may be able to save a few bucks on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Payment Method – By paying your policy upfront rather than paying in monthly installments you may reduce your total bill.
- Drivers Education – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to enroll and complete driver’s education in high school.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Drivers who insure multiple cars with the same company can get a discount for every vehicle.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So when the math indicates adding up those discounts means a free policy, you won’t be that lucky.
A list of insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are outlined below.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including multi-vehicle, online signing, good student, online quote discount, multi-policy, and continuous coverage.
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for youthful driver, early shopping, bundle discounts, pay in full, mature driver, business and professional, and teen driver.
- Farm Bureau discounts include good student, youthful driver, 55 and retired, multi-policy, and driver training.
- State Farm may have discounts that include good driver, multiple autos, defensive driving training, Drive Safe & Save, driver’s education, passive restraint, and safe vehicle.
- GEICO may include discounts for anti-theft, air bags, military active duty, driver training, defensive driver, multi-policy, and five-year accident-free.
- SAFECO offers premium reductions for anti-theft, drive less, teen safe driver, anti-lock brakes, safe driver, teen safety rewards, and homeowner.
- Liberty Mutual includes discounts for new move discount, newly married, safety features, hybrid vehicle, and new vehicle discount.
When comparing rates, check with every insurance company which discounts can lower your rates. All car insurance discounts may not apply to policies in your state. If you would like to see a list of insurance companies with the best discounts in Texas, click here to view.
Car insurance protects more than just your car
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Austin, insuring your vehicle may be required for several reasons.
First, almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy specific limits of liability insurance coverage if you want to drive legally. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you took out a loan on your car, most banks will require that you have physical damage coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank may buy a policy for your Ford at a significantly higher premium and make you pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
Third, car insurance preserves both your Ford and your personal assets. It will also pay for medical bills for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your Ford gets damaged, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of insuring your Transit Connect definitely exceed the cost, especially when you need to use it. But the average American driver is overpaying over $865 each year so compare rates each time the policy renews to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Buying auto insurance from Austin insurance agents
Some consumers would prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and we recommend doing that Most agents can answer important questions and help you file claims. One of the best bonuses of getting free rate quotes online is that you can obtain the best rates and also buy local. And supporting local agents is still important in Austin.
Once you complete this short form, your information is sent to participating agents in Austin that provide free Austin auto insurance quotes for your business. There is no reason to search for an agent because quoted prices will be sent to you instantly. If you want to get a rate quote from one company in particular, don’t hesitate to go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
When researching a reputable agency, you need to know there are two types of insurance agents and how they function. Austin agents can be classified as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Either type can sell and service auto insurance coverage, but we need to point out the differences because it can factor into the type of agent you choose.
Agents that choose to be independent are normally appointed by many insurers and that allows them to write policies through many companies and get the cheapest rates. If you want to switch companies, your agent can switch companies and you can keep the same agent. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you need to get quotes from several independent insurance agents in order to compare the most rates. Many can place coverage with smaller mutual companies which may have better rates.
The following are Austin independent insurance agents that may be able to give you free auto insurance rate quotes.
- Time Insurance Agency
1405 E Riverside Dr – Austin, TX 78741 – (512) 447-7773 – View Map
- EZ Insurance Agency – Main
4502 S Congress Ave – Austin, TX 78745 – (512) 444-4040 – View Map
- TY Lawrence Insurance Agency
2802 Flintrock Trace b101 – Austin, TX 78738 – (512) 732-2353 – View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive work for only one company like AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot provide prices from multiple companies so they really need to provide good service. These agents receive a lot of sales training on their products and sales techniques and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Drivers often buy from the same agent for years primarily because of the brand legacy and strong financial ratings.
Below are exclusive agents in Austin who can help you get rate quotes.
- Dick Cohalla – State Farm Insurance Agent
10711 Burnet Rd #102 – Austin, TX 78758 – (512) 837-4210 – View Map
- J B Ruebsahm – State Farm Insurance Agent
1901 W William Cannon Dr #131 – Austin, TX 78745 – (512) 444-1845 – View Map
- Brandy Whiteside – State Farm Insurance Agent
3601 W William Cannon Dr #100 – Austin, TX 78749 – (512) 892-5542 – View Map
Finding the right car insurance agent requires you to look at more than just a cheap price quote. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- What companies can they write with?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- How long has the business existed?
Once you have positive feedback and an acceptable price quote, it’s a good possibility that you have found a car insurance agent that can properly service your auto insurance policy. Keep in mind you have the power to terminate your policy for any reason so don’t feel you are locked into any particular company for the entire policy term.