How long has it been since you sat down and looked for more competitive Kia Sedona insurance in Austin? Sick and tired of robbing Peter to pay Paul to pay car insurance each month? You have the same problem as millions of other people.
It’s hard to believe, but most car insurance buyers renewed their policy with the same company for more than four years, and 38% of drivers have never quoted car insurance rates at all. With the average car insurance premium being $2,680, Texas drivers could save about 70% a year by just shopping around, but they don’t understand how simple it is to find lower-cost insurance by shopping around.
Multiple insurers compete to insure your vehicles, so it’s not easy to compare every insurance company to find the absolute best price available on Kia Sedona insurance in Austin.
Consumers should take time to shop coverage around quite often since insurance prices are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Even if you got the lowest quotes on Kia Sedona insurance in Austin at your last renewal you may be paying too much now. Don’t believe everything you read about Sedona insurance out there, but in this article, you’re going to get some proven techniques to find cheap car insurance in Austin.
If you already have coverage, you will definitely be able to find better prices using the following tips. Finding affordable car insurance coverage in Austin seems hard but is not really that difficult. But Texas drivers should learn the way insurance companies compete online and use it to your advantage.
Low-cost Kia insurance rates in Austin
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide quotes in Austin, TX. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you visit several of them to find the most competitive auto insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Rate quotes do not factor in specific Austin garaging location which can alter coverage prices noticeably.
Physical damage deductible comparison
The diagram below demonstrates how deductible levels and can influence Kia Sedona yearly insurance costs for different age groups. Data assumes a single male driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Verify you’re receiving every discount
Car insurance companies don’t always list every policy discount in an easy-to-find place, so we took the time to find both well-publicized as well as some of the hidden credits available to bring down your rates.
- Senior Discount – Older drivers could receive better car insurance rates.
- Onboard Data Collection – Insureds that choose to allow driving data submission to monitor driving patterns by installing a telematics device such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system might see lower rates as long as they are good drivers.
- First Accident Forgiveness – This one isn’t a discount, but companies like Liberty Mutual, Allstate and State Farm permit an accident without getting socked with a rate hike as long as you don’t have any claims for a set time period.
- Passive Restraints – Factory options such as air bags or motorized seat belts may get savings of 25 to 30%.
- Theft Deterrent – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are stolen less frequently so companies will give you a small discount.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Maintaining low annual mileage could qualify for slightly better rates than normal.
- Early Switch Discount – Some car insurance companies provide a discount for switching companies early. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you can combine your auto and homeowners policy with one company they may give you a discount of approximately 10% to 15%.
- Professional Organizations – Affiliation with qualifying clubs or civic groups can get you a small discount on car insurance.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Owning a home in Austin can earn you a little savings due to the fact that maintaining a home demonstrates responsibility.
Please keep in mind that most credits do not apply to the whole policy. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. Despite the appearance that you can get free auto insurance, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
A few popular companies and their possible discounts can be found below.
- Travelers offers discounts for multi-policy, new car, good student, save driver, and hybrid/electric vehicle.
- 21st Century policyholders can earn discounts including defensive driver, anti-lock brakes, 55 and older, automatic seat belts, teen driver, and theft prevention.
- State Farm has discounts for anti-theft, good driver, Steer Clear safe driver discount, defensive driving training, safe vehicle, and passive restraint.
- GEICO has savings for federal employee, daytime running lights, five-year accident-free, military active duty, multi-vehicle, and seat belt use.
- SAFECO may include discounts for teen safety rewards, teen safe driver, drive less, accident prevention training, and anti-theft.
- AAA includes discounts for anti-theft, good driver, education and occupation, multi-policy, pay-in-full, and AAA membership discount.
If you are trying to find inexpensive Austin car insurance quotes, ask every insurance company what discounts are available to you. Some discounts may not be available in your state. If you would like to view car insurance companies with the best discounts in Austin, follow this link.
Buying from auto insurance agents
Some consumers would rather buy from a local agent and that can be a smart move The biggest benefit of comparing rate quotes online is you can get the best rates and still buy from a local agent. Buying insurance from neighborhood agents is important particularly in Austin.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to local insurance agents that provide free Austin car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You never need to drive around since price quotes are sent to your email. You’ll get the best rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance provider, you can always search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
Exclusive agents vs. Independent agents
When researching a good insurance agency, it’s important to understand the different agency structures from which to choose. Insurance agents in Austin are either exclusive or independent.
These agents do not write with just one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies through many different insurance companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If your premiums go up, the business is moved internally and that require little work on your part.
If you are comparing insurance prices, we recommend you get several quotes from several independent agencies to get the most accurate price comparison.
Below is a short list of independent agents in Austin that can give you competitive price quotes.
These type of agents have only one company to place business with and examples are Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. These agents are not able to provide rate quotes from other companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive insurance agents are very knowledgeable on sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
The following is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Austin that can give you comparison quotes.
Deciding on an insurance agent should depend on more than just a cheap price. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- How are they compensated?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
Car insurance policy specifics
Understanding the coverages of your policy can help you determine the best coverages for your vehicles. The terms used in a policy can be ambiguous and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Listed below are the usual coverages offered by car insurance companies.
Collision coverage protection
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from colliding with another car or object. You will need to pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision can pay for things like hitting a parking meter, backing into a parked car, driving through your garage door and damaging your car on a curb. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider dropping it from lower value vehicles. Drivers also have the option to increase the deductible on your Sedona in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Liability coverage provides protection from damages or injuries you inflict on a person or their property by causing an accident. Liability coverage has three limits: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have policy limits of 30/60/25 that means you have $30,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a limit of $60,000 in injury protection per accident, and property damage coverage for $25,000. Alternatively, you may have a combined single limit or CSL which combines the three limits into one amount without having the split limit caps.
Liability coverage protects against claims such as emergency aid, legal defense fees, court costs and structural damage. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as large an amount as possible. Texas requires minimum liability limits of 30/60/25 but drivers should carry more liability than the minimum.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
This coverage will pay to fix damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first must pay your deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims like falling objects, rock chips in glass, damage from getting keyed and hitting a deer. The maximum amount a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage gives you protection when the “other guys” are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered claims include hospital bills for your injuries and damage to your Kia Sedona.
Since many Texas drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (30/60/25 in Texas), their limits can quickly be used up. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is a good idea. Frequently these coverages are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Medical expense insurance
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP reimburse you for short-term medical expenses like ambulance fees, chiropractic care, dental work and EMT expenses. They are often used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is only offered in select states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Keep this in mind when shopping around
Cheaper Kia Sedona insurance in Austin can be found online in addition to many Austin insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance providers may not provide the ability to get quotes online and these regional insurance providers prefer to sell through independent insurance agents.
Throughout this article, we presented some good ideas how you can save on Kia Sedona insurance in Austin. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Austin car insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the most savings is with the smaller companies. Smaller companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost compared to the large companies like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
As you shop your coverage around, do not sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are too many instances where an insured cut collision coverage to discover at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your aim should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best price while not skimping on critical coverages.
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Low Mileage Drivers in Austin? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Lyft Drivers in Austin? (FAQ)
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)