Do you want to stop overpaying and find the cheapest auto insurance rates in Austin, TX? Austin shoppers have options when shopping for affordable Lexus RC F insurance. They can either spend hours struggling with agents to get rate comparisons or leverage the internet to make rate comparisons. There are both good and bad ways to shop for auto insurance and we’ll show you the best way to quote coverages for a new or used Lexus and get the lowest price either online or from Austin insurance agents.
Statistics show that nearly 70% of drivers have purchased from the same company for at least the last four years, and nearly the majority have never taken the time to shop around. Many consumers in Texas could pocket roughly 70% a year by just shopping around, but they feel it’s too difficult to compare rates and save money.
Consumers should take time to quote other rates occasionally since insurance prices are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. If you had the best price on Lexus RC F insurance in Austin last year you will most likely find a better rate quote today. You’ll find quite a bit of inaccurate information about RC F insurance online, but in a few minutes you can learn a lot of great tips on how to slash your auto insurance rates in Austin.
The best way we recommend to compare insurance rates from multiple companies is to know the trick most of the larger companies actually pay money for the chance to provide you with a free rate quote. All you need to do is give them rating details such as how old drivers are, what you do for a living, if you went to college, and your credit rating estimate. Your insurance information is instantly provided to multiple top-rated companies and they respond with quotes with very little delay.
To find the cheapest car insurance rates, click here and enter your coverage details.
The car insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Austin, TX. If multiple companies are listed, it’s highly recommended you visit two to three different companies to get the most affordable price.
Don’t overlook these Lexus RC F insurance discounts
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but there could be significant discounts that you may not even be aware of. Most are applied at the time of quoting, but less common discounts must be specifically requested before you will receive the discount.
- Data Collection Discounts – Policyholders that allow their company to spy on their driving habits through the use of a telematics system such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate might see lower rates if they show good driving skills.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Simply working for the federal government could provide a small rate reduction with some auto insurance companies.
- Paper-free Discount – Certain companies give back up to $50 for buying your policy online.
- Active Service Discounts – Being deployed with a military unit could mean lower premium rates.
- No Accidents – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims get the best auto insurance rates as compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Teen drivers should enroll in driver’s education in school.
- First Accident Forgiveness – This one isn’t a discount, but companies like State Farm and Allstate may permit one accident before hitting you with a surcharge so long as you haven’t had any claims prior to the accident.
Please keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. Despite the appearance that all those discounts means the company will pay you, it just doesn’t work that way.
To view insurers with significant discounts in Austin, follow this link.
The Lexus RC F Insurance Rate Equation
Lots of things are used in the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are pretty understandable like an MVR report, but others are more obscure such as whether you are married and annual miles driven.
- Performance impacts costs – The make and model of the car, truck or SUV you need insurance for makes a significant difference in your rates. The most favorable rates will generally be found on small economy passenger cars, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors. Because the Lexus RC F is considered a luxury sports car, insuring your vehicle will cost up to twice as much as compared to the average rate in Austin.
- Proper usage rating affects rates – Driving more miles every year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. A lot of companies charge rates partially by how you use the vehicle. Vehicles used primarily for pleasure use can be on a lower rate level than those used for commuting. Having an incorrect usage rating on your RC F may be costing you higher rates. Ask your agent if your policy reflects the correct usage, because improper ratings can cost you money.
- Qualify for multi-policy discounts – Most larger insurers will give lower prices to people who buy several policies from them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount, consumers should still compare other company rates to help ensure you have the lowest rates. Consumers may save even more by splitting coverages up.
- Only buy extra coverages you need – There are quite a few add-on coverages that may not really be needed if you don’t pay attention. Insurance for things like coverage for rental cars, towing, and membership fees are probably not needed. You may think they are a good idea initially, but if you have no use for them think about removing them and cutting costs.
- Optional features can affect premiums – Selecting a car model with an alarm system can help lower your premiums. Theft prevention devices such as GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers can thwart car theft.
- Marriage is a factor – Having a significant other can actually save you money when buying auto insurance. Having a spouse is viewed as being more mature and responsible and it’s proven that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
Shop online but buy locally
Some people just prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is a personal choice. Insurance agents are highly skilled in risk management and give you someone to call. A good thing about comparing insurance prices online is that you can find lower rates but also keep your business local.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, the coverage information gets sent to local insurance agents who will give you quotes for your business. There is no need to find an agent since price quotes are sent directly to your email. If you need to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, you just need to go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
Choosing the best insurance company should include more criteria than just the bottom line cost. Any agent in Austin should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- When do they do policy reviews?
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Austin for you
If you prefer to buy insurance from local Austin agents, there are two different agency structures to choose from. Agencies in Austin are classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Both types of agents can insure your vehicles properly, but it’s a good idea to understand how they differ since it can impact buying decisions.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These agents have only one company to place business with like Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. They usually cannot provide prices from multiple companies so always compare other rates. Exclusive insurance agents receive extensive training on the products they sell which helps them sell on service rather than price. Consumers frequently buy from the same agent for years mainly due to loyalty to the company rather than low price.
Shown below are Austin exclusive insurance agencies willing to provide price quote information.
- Bob Jennings – State Farm Insurance Agent
4405 Pack Saddle Pass – Austin, TX 78745 – (512) 444-9671 – View Map
- Robert Ndegwa – State Farm Insurance Agent
1200 W Howard Ln f – Austin, TX 78753 – (512) 837-8818 – View Map
- Tony Reyes – State Farm Insurance Agent
9811 S IH 35 Frontage Rd #120 – Austin, TX 78744 – (512) 851-2539 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agents are appointed with more than one company so they can quote policies with any number of different companies and get the cheapest rates. If your premiums go up, they simply switch companies in-house and you can keep the same agent.
When comparison shopping, it’s a good idea to get several quotes from several independent insurance agents to get the most accurate price comparison. Many write coverage with companies that do not advertise much that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Below are independent insurance agencies in Austin who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Higginbotham/William Gammon Insurance
1221 S MoPac Expy – Austin, TX 78746 – (512) 477-6745 – View Map
- Dean Davis Insurance Agency
7950 Anderson Square Suite 101 – Austin, TX 78757 – (512) 454-4511 – View Map
- Danback Insurance Agency
8312 Burnet Rd #115 – Austin, TX 78757 – (512) 454-4567 – View Map
The auto insurance bait and switch
Texas drivers can’t get away from all the ads for cheaper auto insurance by companies like 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm. They all say the same thing that you’ll save big if you just switch your coverage to them.
How does every company offer drivers better rates? This is how they do it.
All the different companies have underwriting criteria for the right customer that will most likely be profitable. For instance, a profitable insured might be between the ages of 30 and 50, has never had a policy lapse, and has a high credit rating. A customer getting a price quote who matches that profile will qualify for the lowest rates in Austin and therefore will save a lot of money.
Consumers who fall short of those criteria may receive higher rates with the end result being business going elsewhere. The trick companies use is to say “people that switch” not “all people who quote” can save as much as they claim. That’s the way companies can make claims like that. This really emphasizes why you should get Austin car insurance quotes as often as possible. It is impossible to predict which auto insurance company will give you lower rates than your current company.
Cover all your bases
As you prepare to switch companies, it’s very important that you do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are too many instances where drivers have reduced full coverage to discover at claim time that it was a big error on their part. Your strategy should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the best price and still be able to protect your assets.
In this article, we covered many tips how you can shop for Lexus RC F insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more you quote Austin car insurance, the better likelihood of getting low cost Austin car insurance quotes. You may even find the best premium rates are with a small local company.
Budget-friendly insurance in Austin can be sourced both online and with local Austin insurance agents, so get free Austin car insurance quotes from both of them to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some companies may not offer rate quotes online and many times these smaller providers provide coverage only through independent agents.
Even more information can be found at these sites:
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Austin Auto Insurance Rates for Uber Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Austin Auto Insurance with Multiple Speeding Tickets? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Retired Military in Austin? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Homeowners in Austin? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Under 21 in Austin? (FAQ)
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)