Are you trying to find the cheapest Lincoln MKC insurance in Austin? Have you fallen victim to an overpriced car insurance policy? Trust us, there are many Austin drivers thinking the same thing.
Amazlingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that over 70% of consumers renewed their policy with the same company for over three years, and about 40% of consumers have never compared rate quotes at all. Consumers in the United States could pocket as much as $860 a year just by shopping around, but they feel it’s too difficult to compare rate quotes. Companies like State Farm, Progressive and GEICO constantly blast consumers with fancy advertisements and it is difficult to not get sucked in by the cute commercials and take the time to shop coverage around.
Companies offering Lincoln MKC insurance in Austin
The auto insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer price comparisons in Austin, TX. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you get prices from several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
Get cheaper rates by receiving discounts
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but there could be significant discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at the time you complete a quote, but some need to be requested specifically in order for you to get them.
- Save with a New Car – Putting car insurance coverage on a new MKC can cost up to 25% less because newer vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Early Switch Discount – A few companies offer discounts for switching policies before your current MKC insurance policy expires. It can save you around 10%.
- Low Mileage – Driving less can earn discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Accident Forgiveness – This isn’t a discount exactly, but a handful of insurance companies may permit one accident without raising rates so long as you haven’t had any claims for a specific time period.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you have multiple policies and insure them with the same company you will save up to 20% off your total MKC insurance premium.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars that have anti-lock braking systems have fewer accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Early Payment Discounts – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of paying each month you can avoid monthly service charges.
Discounts lower rates, but some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. So despite the fact that it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it doesn’t quite work that way.
A few of the larger companies and some of their more popular discounts can be read below.
- GEICO has discounts for multi-vehicle, membership and employees, seat belt use, daytime running lights, anti-theft, defensive driver, and federal employee.
- USAA includes discounts for safe driver, vehicle storage, good student, multi-policy, military installation, family discount, and new vehicle.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for online signing, homeowner, continuous coverage, online quote discount, and multi-vehicle.
- American Family policyholders can earn discounts including good driver, mySafetyValet, multi-vehicle, good student, defensive driver, bundled insurance, and air bags.
- Esurance may have discounts that include homeowner, multi-policy, multi-car, Pac-12 alumni, online quote, and good student.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts including teen driver, pay in full, electronic funds transfer, multi-car, alternative fuel, business and professional, and youthful driver.
- State Farm may include discounts for multiple policy, driver’s education, anti-theft, good driver, student away at school, and accident-free.
If you need lower rates, check with each company or agent to give you their best rates. Some discounts listed above might not apply in Austin. For a list of insurance companies who offer discounts in Texas, follow this link.
Buying from car insurance agents
Certain consumers still like to talk to an insurance agent and that can be a great decision Good insurance agents can answer important questions and help file insurance claims. The biggest benefit of getting online price quotes is that you can find better rates but also keep your business local. And buying from local insurance agencies is important particularly in Austin.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, your insurance data gets sent to participating agents in Austin who will give you quotes for your coverage. There is no need to drive around since price quotes are sent to you directly. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from one company in particular, you can always go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
What type of Austin car insurance agent is right for you?
When searching for a good Austin insurance agent, you should know the types of insurance agents that you can select. Insurance agencies in Austin can be classified as either independent or exclusive. Both types of agents can sell and service insurance coverage, but it’s a good idea to understand how they differ because it can impact the kind of agent you use.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent often have affiliation with several companies so they have the ability to put coverage amongst many companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If your premiums go up, they simply move your policy to a different company and that require little work on your part. If you need lower rates, we recommend you get quotes from multiple independent agents to get the best comparison.
The following is a short list of independent insurance agents in Austin who may provide free rate quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive normally can only provide a single company’s rates such as Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. These agents are unable to shop your coverage around so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agencies are well trained on their company’s products which can be an advantage.
Listed below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Austin that are able to give price quotes.
J B Ruebsahm – State Farm Insurance Agent
1901 W William Cannon Dr #131 – Austin, TX 78745 – (512) 444-1845 – View Map
Deciding on an auto insurance agent should depend on more than just a low price. Some important questions to ask are:
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- Which family members are covered?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
Once you have received reasonable responses to any questions you may have and an affordable coverage quote, it’s possible that you found an insurance agent that can be relied on to service your policy. Just understand that you can cancel your coverage at any point so never feel that you’re stuck with any particular company for the entire policy term.
Well known brands might not be cheapest
Texas drivers can’t avoid all the ads for the lowest price car insurance by companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive. All the companies tend to make the same promise that people will save after switching to their company.
How is it plausible that every one can give you a better price on Lincoln MKC insurance in Austin? It’s all in how they say it.
All companies quote the lowest rates for the type of driver that will most likely be profitable. One example of this type of risk profile might be between the ages of 30 and 50, carries full coverage, and chooses high deductibles. A driver who meets those qualifications will probably get cheap rates and is almost guaranteed to save a lot of money.
People who do not fit those standards will see higher premiums which usually ends up with the customer buying from someone else. The ad wording is “drivers that switch” but not “everyone who gets a quote” save that much money. This is how companies can truthfully make those statements.
Different companies use different criteria so it is so important to do a quote comparison often. You cannot predict the company that will give you the biggest savings.
Affordable car insurance rates are possible
As you prepare to switch companies, make sure you don’t sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many cases where someone sacrificed uninsured motorist or liability limits to discover at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best price, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
We just covered many ways to shop for Lincoln MKC insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more times you quote, the better chance you’ll have of finding inexpensive Austin auto insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the lowest auto insurance rates are with an unexpected company. They may often insure only within specific states and give better rates than their larger competitors like Allstate and Progressive.
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for 17 Year Olds in Austin? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for a Honda CR-V in Austin? (FAQ)
- How Much are Austin Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Camry? (FAQ)
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)