I really doubt anyone is fond of buying car insurance, particularly when they are paying too much.
Remarkably, a study showed that most consumers in Texas kept buying from the same company for at least the last four years, and 38% of customers have never even compared quotes to find cheaper rates. Drivers in the United States can cut their rates by 46.5% a year by just comparing quotes, but they don’t believe the rate savings if they switch to a new company.
There are many insurers to insure vehicles with, and although it’s a good thing to have multiple companies, more choices can make it harder to locate the cheapest rates for Chevy Bolt insurance in Austin.
Locating the best rates in Austin is much easier if you know where to start. Basically, every vehicle owner who is looking for cheaper car insurance will find lower prices. Although Texas car owners should learn how insurance companies calculate your car insurance rates and use it to your advantage.
Companies offering Chevy Bolt insurance in Austin
The companies shown below have been selected to offer price quotes in Austin, TX. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
Save money with these discounts on Chevy Bolt insurance in Austin
Auto insurance is not inexpensive, but you may find discounts that you may not know about. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically when you complete an application, but occasionally some discounts must be manually applied in order for you to get them. If they aren’t giving you every credit available, you are throwing money away.
- Good Student – A discount for being a good student can earn a discount of 20% or more. This discount can apply until age 25.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – Not really a discount, but certain companies will allow you to have one accident before they charge you more for coverage so long as you are claim-free for a set time period.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles and insure them with the same company you could earn a discount of up to 20% and get you cheaper Bolt insurance.
- Safety Course Discount – Completing a course that instructs on driving safety could save 5% or more and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to buckle their seat belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Good Driver Discount – Safe drivers can save as much as half off their rates as compared to drivers with claims.
- ABS Braking Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles are much safer to drive and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Just being a homeowner may trigger a policy discount on auto insurance because of the fact that having a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
Discounts save money, but please remember that some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like all the discounts add up to a free policy, you’re out of luck.
Large auto insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are included below.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including air bags, five-year accident-free, daytime running lights, anti-theft, federal employee, good student, and military active duty.
- MetLife offers discounts for good driver, multi-policy, defensive driver, good student, accident-free, and claim-free.
- Progressive has savings for online signing, good student, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, homeowner, multi-policy, and continuous coverage.
- Travelers may include discounts for good student, payment discounts, hybrid/electric vehicle, student away at school, and early quote.
- SAFECO offers premium reductions for teen safe driver, teen safety rewards, anti-theft, bundle discounts, and anti-lock brakes.
- AAA may have discounts that include education and occupation, anti-theft, good student, AAA membership discount, and multi-car.
If you want affordable Austin car insurance quotes, ask every company which discounts you qualify for. All car insurance discounts might not be available to policyholders in Austin. If you would like to see a list of insurers that offer some of these discounts in Austin, click here.
Informed Decisions Result in Lower Insurance Prices
Many things are considered when you quote your car insurance policy. Some factors are common sense like an MVR report, but some are not quite as obvious like where you live and annual miles driven.
The following are some of the items used by insurance companies to determine rates.
Where you live – Choosing to live in less populated areas has it’s advantages when trying to find low car insurance rates. People in densely populated areas have much more traffic and much longer commute distances. Less people corresponds to lower accident rates and a lower car theft rate.
Single drivers may have higher costs – Getting married helps lower the price when shopping for car insurance. Having a significant other demonstrates that you tend to be less irresponsible and it’s proven that drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
High coverage deductibles equal low rates – Physical damage deductibles are the amount of money you are willing to pay out-of-pocket in the event of a claim. Physical damage insurance, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, covers damage that occurs to your car. Some examples of covered claims are colliding with a stationary object, animal collisions, and damage caused by road hazards. The higher the amount you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the less money you will pay for car insurance.
Why do you need liability coverage? – Your car insurance policy’s liability coverage kicks in if ever a jury decides you are liable for an accident. Liability insurance provides legal defense starting from day one. Liability is cheap compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
Don’t get traffic citations – How you drive influences premium rates substantially. Careful drivers get better rates than their less careful counterparts. Having just one moving violation can increase the cost of insurance by as much as thirty percent. Drivers who have received flagrant violations like reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may find they need to complete a SR-22 with their state motor vehicle department in order to legally drive.
Insurance agencies near you
Some consumers just prefer to buy from a local agent and that is a personal choice. One of the best bonuses of price shopping on the web is the fact that you can find lower rates and still have a local agent.
Upon completion of this short form, the coverage information is emailed to participating agents in Austin that give free quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no need to drive around as quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. You can most likely find cheaper rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you have a need to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, just jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
Picking the best company is decision based upon more than just a cheap price. Any agent in Austin should be forthright in answering these questions:
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- Is the quote a firm price?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
Choose an insurance agent wisely
When looking for a good insurance agency, there are two types of agencies from which to choose. Austin agents can be classified as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only place business with one company such as Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They generally cannot provide other company’s prices so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on the products they sell and that can be a competitive advantage.
Shown below is a list of exclusive agencies in Austin who can help you get price quote information.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be independent do not write with just one company so they have the ability to put coverage through many companies depending on which coverage is best. If premiums increase, they simply move the coverage in-house which requires no work on your part. If you are comparing rate quotes, we highly recommend that you get insurance quotes from a few independent agents to maximize your price options.
The following is a short list of independent agents in Austin that can give you price quote information.
Find affordable car insurance rates by comparing often
While you’re price shopping online, don’t be tempted to buy poor coverage just to save money. In too many instances, consumers will sacrifice physical damage coverage and discovered at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The ultimate goal is to buy enough coverage at the best possible price, not the least amount of coverage.
You just learned quite a bit of information on how to compare Chevy Bolt insurance rates in Austin. It’s most important to understand that the more you quote Austin car insurance, the better likelihood of getting low cost Austin car insurance quotes. You may even find the lowest priced car insurance comes from an unexpected company. Smaller companies may have significantly lower auto insurance rates on certain market segments than their larger competitors like Progressive and GEICO.
Budget-friendly car insurance in Austin can be bought online and from local insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance companies may not have rate quotes online and many times these smaller companies work with independent insurance agencies.
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Austin Auto Insurance for Drivers Requiring a SR22? (FAQ)
- Pickups fall short in headlight tests (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)