Do you want an efficient way to compare low-cost Chevy Malibu insurance in Austin? Paying for high-priced Chevrolet Malibu insurance in Austin can draw down your accounts and possibly require postponing other expenditures. Comparing rates annually is a fast and free way to tighten up your finances.
Unthinkable but true, a large majority of drivers have stayed with the same insurance company for at least four years, and almost half have never compared rate quotes at all. Austin drivers could save approximately $1,766 every year by just shopping around, but they think it's difficult to shop around. Insurance companies such as GEICO, 21st Century and Progressive constantly blast consumers with ads and it is difficult to ignore the promise of big savings and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
If you have coverage now or need new coverage, you can use these tips to reduce the price you pay while maximizing coverage. Locating the most cost-effective auto insurance policy in Austin is easy if you know what you're doing. Shoppers just need to use the most effective way to compare insurance rates using one simple form.
Low-cost car insurance in Austin, TX
The car insurance companies shown below are ready to provide quotes in Texas. If multiple providers are shown, it's a good idea that you visit as many as you can in order to find the most competitive rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Rates do not factor in garaging location in Austin which can raise or lower insurance rates significantly.
How much more does full coverage cost?
The example below illustrates the comparison of Chevrolet Malibu insurance premiums with and without physical damage coverage. The data is based on no accidents or driving violations, $100 deductibles, married female driver, and no other discounts are factored in.
When to switch to liability coverage only
There isn't a steadfast formula for eliminating physical damage insurance, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is more than around 10% of the vehicle's replacement cost less your deductible, then it's probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
For example, let's assume your Chevrolet Malibu replacement cost is $4,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, you would only receive $3,000 after paying your deductible. If it's costing you more than $300 a year to have full coverage, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some situations where eliminating full coverage is not a good plan. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to maintain full coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if you don't have enough money to buy a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not remove full coverage.
An analysis of deductible level
The diagram below shows how different deductible levels and can affect Chevrolet Malibu insurance costs for different age categories. The data assumes a single male driver, comp and collision included, and no policy discounts are applied.
Auto insurance cost for men versus women
The example below shows the difference between Chevrolet Malibu insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premium estimates are based on no violations or accidents, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, drivers are single, and no policy discounts are applied.
Save with these discounts on Chevy Malibu insurance in Austin
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but you might already qualify for some discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Many discounts should be triggered when you quote, but a few need to be specially asked for prior to receiving the credit.
- No Charge for an Accident - This isn't a discount exactly, but a few companies such as GEICO and Liberty Mutual may permit one accident before raising your premiums as long as you don't have any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Theft Deterrent Discount - Vehicles optioned with advanced anti-theft systems help deter theft and will qualify for a discount on a Austin auto insurance quote.
- Sign Early and Save - Some insurance companies reward drivers for buying a new policy prior to your current Malibu insurance policy expiring. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Multiple Cars - Purchasing coverage when you have primary and secondary vehicles with one company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Good Driver Discounts - Safe drivers may save up to 50% more than less cautious drivers.
- Multi-policy Discount - If you can bundle your auto and home insurance with one company you could get a discount of up to 20% off your total Malibu insurance premium.
- Driver Education Discount - Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them enroll and complete driver's education in high school.
- Smart Student Discounts - Maintaining excellent grades may save as much as 25% on a Austin auto insurance quote. The discount lasts up until you turn 25.
- ABS Brakes - Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles are safer to drive and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Low mileage vehicles can qualify you for slightly better premium rates than normal.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. So even though they make it sound like all the discounts add up to a free policy, that's just not realistic.
A partial list of companies that possibly offer most of the discounts above may include but are not limited to:
When comparing rates, check with each company or agent what discounts are available to you. Some credits might not be available to policyholders in Austin. To view providers who offer online Chevy Malibu insurance quotes in Austin, follow this link.
Your auto insurance coverage should be tailored to you
When quoting and comparing coverage, there really is not a one size fits all plan. Every situation is different and your policy should reflect that. These are some specific questions can aid in determining whether your personal situation could use an agent's help.
- Are combined or split liability limits better?
- When should I not file a claim?
- Should I get collision insurance on every vehicle?
- Who sells insurance for high-risk drivers?
- Are rock chip repairs covered?
- What is an SR-22 filing?
- Does coverage follow the driver or the vehicle?
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
- Am I covered if I crash into my own garage door?
If you don't know the answers to these questions then you might want to talk to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area. It's fast, free and you can get the answers you need.
Buying from car insurance agents
Certain consumers would rather buy from a licensed agent and that is just fine! Good insurance agents can help you build your policy and give you someone to call. One of the benefits of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get lower rates and still have a local agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, your insurance data is submitted to agents in your area that give free quotes to get your business. It's much easier because you don't need to even leave your home since price quotes are sent immediately to your email address. If you need to get a rate quote from a particular provider, you can always search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Picking the best provider should include more criteria than just a low price. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
Best auto insurance agent in Austin
If you want a reputable insurance agent or broker, you need to know there are two different types of agencies and how they work. Car insurance policy providers can be classified as either exclusive agents or independent agents. Either type can properly insure your vehicles, but it's important to point out how they differ because it can influence the kind of agent you use.
Exclusive insurance agents are contracted to one company and examples are Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. These agents are not able to give you multiple price quotes so you might not find the best rates. They are very knowledgeable on the products they sell which helps them compete with independent agents.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Austin willing to provide rate quotes.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
These agents do not write with just one company so as a result can place your coverage with an assortment of companies and get you the best rates possible. If premiums increase, your agent can just switch to a different company which is easy for the insured. When comparison shopping, you absolutely need to get several quotes from a couple of independent agencies to get the best comparison.
Listed below is a short list of independent agents in Austin who can help you get price quotes.
Nationwide Insurance: Bill Russell Insurance Agency Inc
9015 Mountain Ridge Dr #350 - Austin, TX 78759 - (512) 343-1106 - View Map
The ad said I'd save $487 a year!
Texas drivers can't ignore all the ads for insurance savings by companies like GEICO, State Farm and Progressive. All the ads state the claim about how much you will save if you change your insurance coverage to their company.
How does each company give you a lower rate on Chevy Malibu insurance in Austin? This is the trick they use.
All the different companies have specific characteristics for the type of driver that is profitable for them. An example of this type of insured may need to be a married male, is a homeowner, and drives newer vehicles. A driver that matches those criteria receive the lowest rate quotes in Austin as well as save money with a new company.
Insureds who do not fit these criteria may be required to pay higher premium rates which usually ends up with the customer not purchasing. If you listen closely, the ads state "drivers that switch" not "everyone who quotes" save that much. That is how insurance companies can advertise the savings. This really illustrates why you should quote coverage with many companies. It is just not possible to predict which insurance company will be your best fit.
Persistent drivers can save
A few companies may not have rates over the internet and many times these small, regional companies only sell coverage through local independent agencies. The cheapest Chevy Malibu insurance in Austin can be found online in addition to many Austin insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both to get a complete price analysis.
We just showed you a lot of information how to lower your Chevy Malibu insurance prices in Austin. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers may even find the most savings is with a lesser-known regional company. Some small companies can often provide lower rates in certain areas as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
As you shop your coverage around, never buy poor coverage just to save money. There are a lot of situations where someone sacrificed comprehensive coverage or liability limits to discover at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your focus should be to find the BEST coverage at a price you can afford while not skimping on critical coverages.
More detailed insurance information can be found by following these links:
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a Jeep Wrangler in Austin? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for Government Employees in Austin? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Corolla in Austin? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Homeowners in Austin? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for 18 Year Olds in Austin? (FAQ)
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)