Are you regretting the purchase of an overpriced insurance policy? You're in good company because you are not the only one feeling buyer's remorse.
Astonishng but true according to a recent study, 70% of consumers renewed their policy with the same company for over three years, and 38% of customers have never taken the time to shop around. With the average premium in Texas being $2,700, drivers can save up to $1,766 each year, but they don't want to take the time to compare rates online.
Insurance companies such as State Farm and GEICO all claim big savings with catchy ads and it can be hard to see past the corporate glitz and take the time to shop coverage around.
If you currently have insurance, you will surely be able to lower your rates using the ideas covered in this article. Buying affordable insurance in Austin is actually not that difficult if you follow our advice. But Texas consumers benefit from understanding how the larger insurance companies calculate their prices.
Why Informed Consumers Pay Less for Chrysler 200 Insurance
Lots of factors are taken into consideration when pricing auto insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving record, but other criteria are not quite as obvious such as your marital status and annual miles driven.
Choose high safety ratings and save - Cars with five star safety ratings tend to have better insurance rates. Highly rated vehicles have better occupant injury protection and lower rates of occupant injuries means your insurance company pays less which can result in lower premiums. If your Chrysler scored better than an "acceptable" rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website you may qualify for a discount.
You may save more by combining policies - The majority of insurance companies will give discounts for people that have more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount, you still need to comparison shop to guarantee you are still saving the most. You may still be able to save even more than the discount by splitting coverages up.
Car insurance rates and your job - Careers like judges, executives and financial analysts are shown to have higher premium rates due to intense work requirements and lots of time spent at work. Conversely, jobs such as scientists, students and performers have the lowest average rates.
More performance means higher rates - The performance of the car you are buying insurance for makes a significant difference in the rate you pay. The lowest base rates are usually for low performance passenger vehicles, but that's not the only thing that factors into the final price. Because the Chrysler 200 is classified as a passenger car, insurance will be similar in price or lower than the average rate where you live in Austin.
Annual mileage impacts prices - The more you drive in a year's time the higher the price you pay to insure it. Almost all companies charge rates determined by how the vehicle is used. Autos used primarily for pleasure use get more affordable rates compared to those used for work or business. An improperly rated 200 is just wasting money. Double check that your car insurance policy properly reflects the correct usage for each vehicle, because improper ratings can cost you money.
Insurance loss probability for a Chrysler 200 - Insurance companies include the past claim history for a vehicle to help calculate premium prices. Vehicles that statistically have higher claim frequency or loss amount will cost more for coverage.
The table below demonstrates the historical insurance loss data for Chrysler 200 vehicles. For each policy coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, is considered to be 100. Numbers under 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while percentage values above 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or an increased chance of a larger loss.
Chrysler 200 Insurance Claim Statistics
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Chrysler 200 2WD||117||113||116||174||189||152|
|Chrysler 200 4WD||117||112||108||127|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
It's important to know that having more price comparisons provides better odds of finding a lower rate.
The auto insurance companies shown below offer price comparisons in Austin, TX. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you visit two to three different companies in order to find the cheapest rates.
Auto insurance does more than just protect your car
Even though it can be expensive, auto insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific minimum amount of liability coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your 200 has a lien holder, almost every bank will force you to have full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank will be required to insure your Chrysler for a lot more money and require you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Auto insurance preserves both your vehicle and your personal assets. Insurance will pay for medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage will also pay to defend you if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially when you need to use it. An average driver in America overpays as much as $700 annually so it's recommended you shop around every year to save money.
Austin insurance discounts for a Chrysler 200
Some providers don't list all their discounts in a way that's easy to find, so we break down some of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts that you may qualify for.
- Mature Driver Discount - Drivers that qualify as senior citizens may qualify for lower premium rates.
- Discounts for New Vehicles - Buying a new car model can cost up to 25% less since newer models are generally safer.
- Government Employee Discount - Being employed by or retired from a federal job could provide a small rate reduction with select insurance companies.
- Discount for Good Grades - Maintaining excellent grades could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up to age 25.
- Membership in Organizations - Having an affiliation with specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations is a simple method to lower premiums when getting a Austin auto insurance quote.
Remember that many deductions do not apply to the whole policy. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. So when it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, you won't be that lucky.
A list of car insurance companies and the discounts they provide can be read below.
- State Farm has discounts for accident-free, safe vehicle, anti-theft, Steer Clear safe driver discount, good driver, multiple autos, and good student.
- Progressive may have discounts that include multi-policy, continuous coverage, good student, multi-vehicle, and homeowner.
- Progressive offers discounts including online signing, good student, homeowner, continuous coverage, online quote discount, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle.
- MetLife offers discounts for good driver, accident-free, defensive driver, multi-policy, claim-free, and good student.
- Farm Bureau has savings for multi-vehicle, multi-policy, driver training, youthful driver, safe driver, good student, and 55 and retired.
- GEICO may offer discounts for anti-theft, driver training, defensive driver, emergency military deployment, multi-vehicle, membership and employees, and seat belt use.
- SAFECO discounts include accident prevention training, anti-theft, drive less, bundle discounts, and multi-car.
If you need affordable Chrysler 200 insurance quotes, ask every company how many discounts you can get. A few discounts may not apply to policyholders everywhere.
You may want advice from a local insurance agent
Some consumers just want to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is not a bad decision The best thing about price shopping on the web is that drivers can save money and get cheap car insurance quotes but still work with a licensed agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this short form, your insurance data is submitted to local insurance agents in Austin that give free quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact any agents as quotes are delivered directly to you. You can find the lowest rates AND a local agent. If you have a need to get a rate quote for a specific company, don't hesitate to visit that company's website to submit a rate quote request.
Picking an provider should include more criteria than just a cheap price quote. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- If your car is totalled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- When do they do a full risk review?
If you're trying to find a good insurance agency, it's important to understand the different agency structures that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Car insurance agencies can either be independent or exclusive.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only place business with one company like Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot place coverage with different providers so always compare other rates. These agents are very knowledgeable on what they offer which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Below is a list of exclusive agents in Austin who can help you get rate quotes.
Jane McQuiggin-Hutson - State Farm Insurance Agent
2307 W Parmer Ln - Austin, TX 78727 - (512) 973-8501 - View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents of this type are not employed by one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies through many companies and get you the best rates possible. If you want to switch companies, they simply move your policy to a different company and that require little work on your part.
When comparing car insurance rates, we recommend you get rate quotes from at least one independent agent to have the best price comparison.
Shown below is a short list of independent agencies in Austin willing to provide price quotes.
The best insurance company isn't always the cheapest
You just learned many ways to lower your Chrysler 200 insurance prices in Austin. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting inexpensive Austin auto insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the biggest savings come from some of the lesser-known companies. These companies may cover specific market segments cheaper compared to the large companies like Progressive and GEICO.
More affordable insurance in Austin is definitely available online and with local Austin insurance agents, so get free Austin auto insurance quotes from both of them in order to have the best price selection to choose from. There are still a few companies who don't offer the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these small insurance companies only sell through local independent agencies.
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Austin, Texas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a Jeep Wrangler in Austin? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Austin Auto Insurance Quotes for High Mileage Drivers? (FAQ)
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)