Sick and tired of scraping the payment together to make your insurance payment? You’re in the same situation as many other consumers in Texas.
It’s hard to believe, but most drivers have remained with the same insurance company for a minimum of four years, and 38% of drivers have never compared rates to find lower-cost insurance. Drivers in Texas could pocket nearly $1,770 a year, but most tend to underestimate the big savings they would realize if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
You have so many auto insurance companies to choose from, and although it’s nice to have a selection, it makes it harder to compare rates and find the lowest cost insurance.
It’s a great practice to take a look at other company’s rates quite often because insurance rates fluctuate regularly. Just because you found the best deal on Chrysler Pacifica insurance in Austin a few years ago you will most likely find a better price today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about insurance because we’re going to demonstrate how to quote online to find better coverage on Chrysler Pacifica insurance in Austin at a better price.
Buying affordable coverage in Austin can be fairly easy. In essence, each driver who needs cheaper auto insurance will most likely be able to cut their insurance bill. Nevertheless, Texas vehicle owners can benefit by having an understanding of how big insurance companies price insurance differently because rates are impacted by many factors.
The easiest way to compare insurance rates in your area is to know the fact most insurance companies provide online access to compare rate quotes. To begin a comparison, all you need to do is give the companies some data such as if a SR-22 is required, whether you are single or married, whether you drive to work or school, and how old drivers are. Your insurance information gets sent immediately to insurance companies and they return rate quotes instantly to find the best rate.
If you would like to compare rates now, click here and enter your coverage details.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer price quotes in Austin, TX. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you click on several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
Cheap Austin insurance rates with discounts
Insurance is not inexpensive, but there are discounts available to reduce the price significantly. Certain credits will be shown at the time of purchase, but occasionally some discounts must be specifically requested in order for you to get them.
- Driver Safety – Participating in a course that instructs on driving safety can save you 5% or more and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS braking systems or traction control are safer to drive so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Sign Online – Some of the larger companies give back up to $50 for buying your policy digitally online.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Owning a home in Austin can save a few bucks because owning a home requires personal responsibility.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Employees or retirees of the government can earn a discount up to 10% with select insurance companies.
Don’t be surprised that most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. If you do the math and it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you aren’t that lucky.
Popular insurance companies and a selection of discounts are:
- Farm Bureau includes discounts for renewal discount, driver training, youthful driver, good student, multi-vehicle, and safe driver.
- MetLife has discounts for accident-free, multi-policy, good student, defensive driver, and claim-free.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for multi-policy, online quote discount, homeowner, continuous coverage, and good student.
- AAA has savings for education and occupation, multi-policy, AAA membership discount, good student, good driver, anti-theft, and pay-in-full.
- American Family offers discounts for accident-free, good driver, Steer into Savings, air bags, bundled insurance, early bird, and defensive driver.
- GEICO may have discounts that include driver training, good student, emergency military deployment, anti-lock brakes, and multi-policy.
- State Farm may include discounts for defensive driving training, good driver, safe vehicle, multiple policy, and accident-free.
When comparing rates, check with every insurance company the best way to save money. Savings may not apply to policies in Austin. To see insurers that provide some of the discounts listed above in Austin, click here to view.
Auto insurance does more than just protect your car
Despite the potentially high cost of Chrysler Pacifica insurance, paying for auto insurance serves an important purpose.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability coverage in order to drive the car legally. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Pacifica with a loan, it’s most likely the lender will force you to buy insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Chrysler for a lot more money and require you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Auto insurance preserves both your assets and your vehicle. Insurance will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney if you are sued as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance outweigh the cost, especially if you ever need it. On average, a vehicle owner in Austin overpays as much as $800 each year so it’s recommended you shop around at every policy renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Do I just need basic coverages?
When buying adequate coverage for your vehicles, there really isn’t a cookie cutter policy. Your financial needs are unique.
For example, these questions can aid in determining if you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- What exactly is covered by my policy?
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
- Does insurance cover tools stolen from my truck?
- Do I need more liability coverage?
- Does my policy cover me if I wreck while driving under the influence?
- Is my nanny covered when transporting my kids?
- What is GAP insurance?
- Is my son or daughter covered when driving my car?
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form.
When to contact a local insurance agent
Certain consumers still prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and often times that is recommended An additional benefit of getting online price quotes is that drivers can save money and get lower prices but still work with a licensed agent. Buying insurance from local insurance agents is definitely important in Austin.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, your insurance data is emailed to local insurance agents in Austin that can provide free Austin car insurance quotes for your coverage. You won’t need to leave your house since price quotes are sent to your email. You can most likely find cheaper rates AND a local agent. If you have a need to get a price quote from one company in particular, you just need to navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
The different types of car insurance agents
When searching for a local agent, you must know there are a couple different agency structures and how they are slightly different. Insurance agents are either independent or exclusive.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agents are not employed by one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies through many companies and find you cheaper rates. To move your coverage to a new company, they simply switch companies in-house and you won’t have to switch agencies. When comparing rates, it’s recommended you include price quotes from at least one independent agent in order to have the best price comparison.
Below are independent insurance agencies in Austin who may provide pricing information.
Nationwide Insurance: Bill Russell Insurance Agency Inc
9015 Mountain Ridge Dr #350 – Austin, TX 78759 – (512) 343-1106 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive generally can only insure with one company such as AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so keep that in mind. Exclusive insurance agents are well trained in insurance sales which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Shown below are exclusive agents in Austin that can give you price quotes.
Jane McQuiggin-Hutson – State Farm Insurance Agent
2307 W Parmer Ln – Austin, TX 78727 – (512) 973-8501 – View Map
Deciding on an insurance agency requires you to look at more than just a low price. Any good agent in Austin should know the answers to these questions.
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Austin?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- How long have they been in business?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
Upon receiving reasonable responses for all questions you ask as well as a price you’re happy with, it’s possible that you found a car insurance agent that meets the criteria to provide insurance coverage. Just be aware that consumers can terminate coverage at any point so don’t think that you’re stuck with a policy with no way to switch.