Getting budget-priced Austin Dodge Intrepid insurance quotes over the internet can seem to be challenging for drivers new to quoting and buying insurance on the internet. With dozens of insurers available, how can Austin drivers have time to compare every company in order to find better rates?
A recent study showed that the vast majority of car insurance customers have bought car insurance from the same company for over three years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never quoted car insurance rates at all. Austin insurance shoppers could save themselves almost $1,766 a year by just comparing quotes, but most just don’t grasp the big savings they would realize if they changed companies.
You need to compare rates once or twice a year due to the fact that insurance prices fluctuate regularly. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest price on Dodge Intrepid insurance in Austin two years ago you may be paying too much now. Ignore everything you know about car insurance because you’re about to learn the best way to save money, get proper deductibles and limits, all at the lowest rate.
Learn How to Quote Auto Insurance More Affordably
Lots of factors are taken into consideration when premium rates are determined. Some of the criteria are obvious like an MVR report, but others are not quite as obvious such as whether you are married or your financial responsibility. A large part of saving on auto insurance is knowing some of the factors that go into determining the rates you pay for auto insurance. When you understand what determines premiums, this allows you to make good choices that could help you find cheaper rates.
Shown below are some of the major factors utilized by car insurance companies to help set your premiums.
- If you don’t need it don’t buy it – Insurance companies have many additional extra coverages that can add up on your auto insurance policy. Insurance for things like replacement cost coverage, high-cost glass coverage, and additional equipment coverage may be wasting your money. They may seem like a good idea initially, but if they’re wasting money get rid of them and save.
- Cars with good safety ratings means better premiums – Safer cars tend to be cheaper to insure. Highly rated vehicles result in less severe injuries and lower injury rates translates into savings for insurance companies which can mean better rates for you.
- Be proud to be claim-free – If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can look forward to higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Car insurance companies in Texas generally give most affordable rates to drivers that do not abuse their auto insurance. Auto insurance is meant to be used in the event of more catastrophic claims.
- Are women or men drivers cheaper? – Statistics demonstrate that females take fewer risks when driving. However, don’t assume that females are better drivers. Males and females are responsible for auto accidents at a similar rate, but the men cause more damage. Not only are claims higher, but men get more serious tickets like driving under the influence (DUI).
- Responsible drivers pay lower premiums – Whether or not you get tickets can have a huge impact on auto insurance premiums. Careful drivers get better rates as compared to those with violations. Only having one chargeable violation can bump up the cost by as much as twenty percent. Drivers who have gotten flagrant citations like DUI or reckless driving may face state-mandated requirements to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state’s licensing department in order to drive a vehicle legally.
When comparison shopping, more quotes helps increase your odds of locating more affordable rates.
The auto insurance companies shown below provide price quotes in Austin, TX. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you click on several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
Protect more than your Dodge Intrepid
Despite the potentially high cost of Dodge Intrepid insurance, car insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Intrepid has a loan, it’s most likely the lender will require you to buy full coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Dodge at a significantly higher premium and require you to reimburse them for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards both your car and your assets. Insurance will also pay for all forms of medical expenses incurred in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of your driving. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of buying car insurance more than cancel out the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is overpaying more than $865 each year so we recommend shopping around each time the policy renews to make sure the price is not too high.
Affordable Austin car insurance quotes with discounts
Car insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but there are discounts available that could help you make your next renewal payment. Some discounts will apply when you purchase, but lesser-known reductions have to be specifically requested before they will apply. If you do not check that you are getting every discount you qualify for, you could be getting lower rates.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to use a seat belt can save 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying a policy with multiple cars or trucks on a single policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Drivers Education – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers successfully take a driver’s education course as it can save substantially.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you combine your auto and home policies and place coverage with the same company you could save up to 20% off your total Intrepid insurance premium.
- Responsible Drivers – Drivers without accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates compared to accident prone drivers.
- Military Deployment Discount – Having an actively deployed family member could be rewarded with lower car insurance rates.
- Claim Free – Insureds with no claims or accidents are rewarded with significantly better rates on Austin auto insurance quote as opposed to bad drivers.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of making monthly payments you can avoid the installment charge.
- Austin Homeowners Pay Less – Owning a house in Austin can help you save on car insurance due to the fact that maintaining a home is proof of financial responsibility.
As is typical with insurance, many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. If you do the math and it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, nobody gets a free ride. Any amount of discount should help lower the premium cost.
A partial list of companies that may offer quotes with most of these discounts possibly include:
When comparing rates, check with each company or agent to apply every possible discount. A few discounts may not be offered in Austin.
Can’t I compare prices from local Austin car insurance agents?
Some consumers just want to sit down with an agent and that is just fine! An additional benefit of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get lower car insurance rates but also keep your business local. And providing support for neighborhood agents is definitely important in Austin.
Upon completion of this short form, your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Austin who will give competitive quotes to get your business. You won’t need to find an agent because prices are sent immediately to you. You can find lower rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you need to quote rates from a particular provider, don’t hesitate to go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
Two types of Austin auto insurance agents
When researching a reputable insurance agent or broker, there are a couple of types of insurance agents and how they are distinctly different. Auto insurance policy providers are classified as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that choose to be independent are not employed by one company so as a result can place your coverage with any number of different companies and find you cheaper rates. If your premiums go up, an independent agent can move your coverage and you don’t have to find a new agent. If you are comparing auto insurance prices, it’s a good idea to get several quotes from at a minimum one independent agency in order to compare the most rates. They also have the ability to place coverage with different regional companies which may have better rates.
Listed below are Austin independent insurance agents that can give you cheap rate quotes.
- EZ Insurance Agency – North
7600 N Lamar Blvd # E – Austin, TX 78752 – (512) 445-2700 – View Map
- Eckert Insurance Group
824 W 10th St – Austin, TX 78701 – (512) 472-6969 – View Map
- Danback Insurance Agency
8312 Burnet Rd #115 – Austin, TX 78757 – (512) 454-4567 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type normally can only provide a single company’s rates such as State Farm, Allstate and AAA. These agents are not able to give you multiple price quotes so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on the products they sell which helps them sell on service rather than price. Some consumers prefer to purchase coverage from exclusives partially due to loyalty to the company and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agents in Austin that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Gary Shanahan – State Farm Insurance Agent
5145 N FM 620 b170 – Austin, TX 78732 – (512) 458-2593 – View Map
- Bob Jennings – State Farm Insurance Agent
4405 Pack Saddle Pass – Austin, TX 78745 – (512) 444-9671 – View Map
- Tony Reyes – State Farm Insurance Agent
9811 S IH 35 Frontage Rd #120 – Austin, TX 78744 – (512) 851-2539 – View Map
Deciding on an car insurance agent requires more thought than just a cheap price. Any agent in Austin should have no problem answering these questions:
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
Don’t give up on cheaper rates
Consumers switch companies for many reasons like questionable increases in premium, extreme rates for teen drivers, unfair underwriting practices or even not issuing a premium refund. Regardless of your reason, choosing a new insurance company is actually quite simple.
We covered a lot of ways to compare Dodge Intrepid insurance prices in Austin. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the better chance you’ll have of finding low cost Austin auto insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the biggest savings come from an unexpected company.
As you restructure your insurance plan, you should never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are many occasions where drivers have reduced collision coverage and discovered at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. Your focus should be to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest price and still be able to protect your assets.
To learn more, feel free to browse the articles below:
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Company Car in Austin? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Ford F-150 in Austin? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for College Students in Austin? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in Austin? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Retired Military in Austin? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for First-time Drivers in Austin? (FAQ)
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)