Do you need a fast way to compare more affordable Dodge Ram 3500 insurance in Austin? Did budget coverage turn out to be an overpriced car insurance policy? Believe me, many Austin drivers have buyer's remorse.
Amazlingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that over 70% of Texas drivers have remained with the same car insurance company for more than four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never shopped around. With the average premium in the United States being $1,847, drivers could cut their rates by $850 a year by just comparing rate quotes, but most just don't grasp how much they could save if they switch to a new company.
Since vehicle owners have many options when it comes to car insurance, it can be diffult for drivers to find the right insurance company.
You should make it a habit to compare rates once or twice a year since prices trend upward over time. Just because you found the lowest rates on Dodge Ram 3500 insurance in Austin at your last renewal there is a good chance you can find better premium rates now. Block out anything you think you know about car insurance because you're about to learn the best methods to properly buy coverages while reducing your premium.
Finding the cheapest auto insurance coverage in Austin is really not that difficult. Essentially every car owner who comparison shops for auto insurance will probably be able to reduce their rates. But Texas vehicle owners should learn how the larger insurance companies determine what you pay and use it to your advantage.
The best way we recommend to compare car insurance rates for Dodge Ram 3500 insurance in Austin is to understand auto insurance companies have advanced systems to compare their rates. All consumers are required to do is provide a small amount of information including if a SR-22 is needed, level of coverage desired, whether you have decent credit, and your job. The data is sent automatically to insurance carriers in your area and they respond with quotes quickly.
To compare rates for your Dodge Ram 3500 now, click here and find out if you can get cheaper insurance in Austin.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Texas. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you click on several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Ram 3500 Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$370||$592||$382||$22||$114||$1,480||$123|
|Ram 3500 Crew Cab ST 2WD||$194||$306||$358||$22||$108||$988||$82|
|Ram 3500 Crew Cab ST 4WD||$440||$788||$582||$34||$174||$2,018||$168|
|Ram 3500 Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$518||$804||$500||$30||$150||$2,002||$167|
|Ram 3500 Mega Cab SLT 2WD||$504||$988||$514||$30||$154||$2,190||$183|
|Ram 3500 Mega Cab SLT 4WD||$350||$746||$600||$36||$180||$1,912||$159|
|Ram 3500 Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$288||$478||$748||$44||$224||$1,782||$149|
|Ram 3500 Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$322||$602||$582||$34||$174||$1,714||$143|
|Ram 3500 Mega Cab Laramie 2WD||$286||$532||$400||$24||$120||$1,362||$114|
|Ram 3500 Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$400||$774||$462||$28||$138||$1,802||$150|
|Ram 3500 Mega Cab Laramie 4WD||$440||$890||$582||$34||$174||$2,120||$177|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Rate information does not factor in garaging location in Austin which can change coverage rates substantially.
Reckless driving habits raise auto insurance rates
The information below illustrates how speeding tickets and accidents can affect Dodge Ram 3500 insurance costs for each age group. The prices are based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Three reasons to not skimp on car insurance
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a Dodge in Austin, maintaining insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry specific minimum amounts of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car legally. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Ram 3500, it's guaranteed your bank will make it mandatory that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Dodge at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Car insurance preserves both your vehicle and your personal assets. It also can pay for hospital and medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage will also pay attorney fees if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, your policy will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance definitely exceed the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. On average, a vehicle owner in Austin is wasting up to $825 a year so it's recommended you shop around at least once a year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Seven discounts for cheap auto insurance rates
Car insurance can cost a lot, but you may find discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Certain discounts will be applied at the time of quoting, but occasionally some discounts must be specially asked for before you get the savings.
- No Claims - Drivers who don't have accidents can save substantially when compared to accident-prone drivers.
- One Accident Forgiven - This one isn't a discount, but a few companies such as Allstate and Progressive will forgive one accident without the usual rate increase so long as you are claim-free for a certain period of time.
- Full Payment Discount - By making one initial payment rather than paying monthly you may reduce your total bill.
- Discounts for Government Workers - Having worked for a branch of the government could qualify for a slight premium decrease depending on your auto insurance provider.
- ABS Braking Discount - Vehicles that have anti-lock braking systems can reduce accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Fewer annual miles on your Dodge could qualify for discounted prices on garaged vehicles.
- Theft Prevention System - Cars and trucks equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
Policy discounts save money, but most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Despite the fact that it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, company stockholders wouldn't be very happy.
Companies and some of the discounts are:
- State Farm offers premium reductions for defensive driving training, good student, accident-free, driver's education, multiple autos, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and safe vehicle.
- Esurance offers discounts for renters, Switch & Save, defensive driver, online quote, and homeowner.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including online signing, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, good student, and online quote discount.
- Liberty Mutual may include discounts for newly married, multi-policy, teen driver discount, safety features, and newly retired.
- Auto-Owners Insurance discounts include student away at school, paperless, anti-theft, group or association, company car, safe driver, and air bags.
- GEICO may offer discounts for multi-policy, federal employee, daytime running lights, defensive driver, membership and employees, and seat belt use.
If you want low cost Austin auto insurance quotes, ask all the companies which discounts you qualify for. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply in Austin. To find auto insurance companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Austin, click here.
When do I need an agent's advice?
When it comes to buying the right insurance coverage, there isn't really a "perfect" insurance plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else's so your insurance should reflect that Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine if your situation would benefit from professional advice.
- What is UM/UIM insurance?
- Am I missing any policy discounts?
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- When would I need rental car insurance?
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
- Should I carry comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
If you can't answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Neighborhood insurance agents
A lot of people just prefer to talk to a local agent. The biggest benefit of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that you can find lower rates and also buy local.
After completing this short form, your insurance coverage information is emailed to insurance agents in Austin that give free quotes for your insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to leave your house because quoted prices will be sent instantly to you. You'll get the best rates without a big time investment. If for some reason you want to compare prices from one company in particular, feel free to go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Picking an insurance company shouldn't rely on just a low price. A good agent in Austin will have answers to these questions.
- How many companies do they write for?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- Are they full-time agents?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
When finding local Austin agents, it's important to understand the different types of agencies that you can select. Insurance agents are considered either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Exclusive insurance agents write business for a single company and examples are American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. These agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive insurance agents receive extensive training on their company's products which helps them compete with independent agents.
Listed below are Austin exclusive agencies that can give you price quotes.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents of this type can sell policies from many different companies and that enables them to quote your coverage amongst many companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, your policy is moved internally and you don't have to find a new agent. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you should always get rate quotes from a few independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices.
Below are independent insurance agents in Austin willing to provide comparison quotes.
Upon getting positive responses to your questions as well as a price you're happy with, chances are good that you have found an auto insurance agent that can provide insurance coverage. Keep in mind it's your policy and you can cancel your policy at any time so never assume that you are obligated to any particular company indefinitely.
Learn about insurance coverages for a Dodge Ram 3500
Learning about specific coverages of a insurance policy can be of help when determining the best coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement. These are typical coverages available from insurance companies.
This coverage pays for damage to your Ram 3500 from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. A deductible applies and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision insurance covers things such as colliding with another moving vehicle, colliding with a tree, driving through your garage door, crashing into a building and hitting a mailbox. This coverage can be expensive, so you might think about dropping it from lower value vehicles. You can also raise the deductible on your Ram 3500 in order to get cheaper collision rates.
This will cover injuries or damage you cause to a person or their property that is your fault. It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. Your policy might show policy limits of 30/60/25 which means $30,000 in coverage for each person's injuries, a limit of $60,000 in injury protection per accident, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability insurance covers things such as attorney fees, repair bills for other people's vehicles, structural damage and bail bonds. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but buy higher limits if possible. Texas state law requires minimum liability limits of 30/60/25 but you should think about purchasing more liability than the minimum.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage kick in for bills for rehabilitation expenses, EMT expenses and pain medications. They can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. It covers not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and will also cover getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP coverage is only offered in select states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
This gives you protection from other motorists when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries and damage to your Dodge Ram 3500.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (which is 30/60/25), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is very important.
This coverage covers damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims like a tree branch falling on your vehicle, hitting a deer, damage from getting keyed, hitting a bird and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The highest amount your insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Cheaper auto insurance is a realistic goal
We just showed you a lot of ways to find affordable Dodge Ram 3500 insurance in Austin. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting the cheapest Dodge Ram 3500 rate quotes. You may even discover the lowest priced auto insurance comes from the smaller companies. These companies may cover specific market segments cheaper than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
Cost effective Dodge Ram 3500 insurance is possible online in addition to many Austin insurance agents, so get free Austin auto insurance quotes from both of them so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance companies don't offer price quotes online and these smaller companies only sell coverage through local independent agents.
When buying insurance coverage, make sure you don't buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There have been many situations where an insured dropped liability limits or collision coverage to discover at claim time that they should have had better coverage. The proper strategy is to get the best coverage possible at the best cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Additional information is available at the links below
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)
- How Much are Austin Auto Insurance Rates for Teenage Females? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for a Subaru Outback in Austin? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Austin Car Insurance for Nurses? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Austin Auto Insurance Rates for Infrequent Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Good Students in Austin? (FAQ)
- How Much are Austin Auto Insurance Rates for Real Estate Agents? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a Dodge Ram in Austin? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Self-driving cars won't replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)