How long has it been since you compared low-cost Ford C-Max Energi insurance in Austin? Feel like you have high-priced Ford C-Max Energi insurance in Austin? Don’t feel bad because you are not the only one feeling buyer’s remorse.
Amazlingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that the vast majority of drivers kept buying from the same company for a minimum of four years, and nearly half have never compared quotes from other companies. Austin consumers could cut their rates by approximately 70% a year by just shopping around, but they mistakenly think it’s difficult to shop their coverage around.
Multiple insurance companies compete for your hard-earned dollar, and it can be difficult to compare rates and get the definite cheapest price on Ford C-Max Energi insurance in Austin.
It’s a great practice to shop coverage around before your next renewal because prices change regularly. Even if you think you had the lowest rate on Ford C-Max Energi insurance in Austin two years ago you can probably find a lower rate today. Ignore everything you know about auto insurance because we’re going to show you the fastest way to find better rates and still maintain coverage.
Best companies for Ford C-Max Energi insurance
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Texas. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you click on several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
These ten discounts can lower your insurance rates
Companies do not list every discount in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below contains some of the more common and also the more inconspicuous discounts you could be receiving when you buy Austin car insurance online.
- Discount for Life Insurance – If the company offers life insurance, you could get a small discount if you purchase life insurance from them.
- Clubs and Organizations – Being in qualifying employment or professional organizations is a simple method to lower premiums on your policy.
- Pay Upfront and Save – By making one initial payment instead of paying each month you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Taking time to complete a course that instructs on driving safety could cut 5% off your bill depending on where you live.
- Accident Waiver – Not necessarily a discount, but companies like GEICO and Allstate will allow you to have one accident before hitting you with a surcharge if you have no claims for a certain period of time.
- Multi-car Discount – Drivers who insure multiple vehicles on the same insurance policy qualifies for this discount.
- Active Military Service – Having a deployed family member could mean lower prices.
- Telematics Discount – Insureds that choose to allow driving data collection to monitor when and where they use their vehicle remotely like Allstate’s Drivewise might see lower rates if they show good driving skills.
- Own a Home and Save – Owning a home in Austin may earn you a small savings since home ownership is proof that your finances are in order.
- Online Discount – Many companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying your policy on their website.
Don’t be shocked that many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you’re out of luck.
To see a list of insurance companies that offer some of these discounts in Texas, click this link.
Buying car insurance from Austin auto insurance agents
Many people would rather buy from a licensed agent and that is OK! The biggest benefit of comparing insurance prices online is you may find cheap car insurance quotes and still have a local agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, your information is transmitted to local insurance agents that can give you free Austin car insurance quotes to get your business. You don’t have to contact any agents as quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. You can find the lowest rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you wish to compare rates from a specific company, feel free to visit that company’s website and fill out their quote form.
Selecting an insurance company should include more criteria than just a cheap quote. The following questions are important to ask.
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- How many companies do they write for?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Austin?
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
Auto insurance policy coverages for a Ford C-Max Energi
Learning about specific coverages of a auto insurance policy helps when choosing which coverages you need at the best deductibles and correct limits. Policy terminology can be impossible to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring. Listed below are the usual coverages available from auto insurance companies.
Liability car insurance – This protects you from damage that occurs to other’s property or people. This coverage protects you against other people’s claims, and does not provide coverage for your injuries or vehicle damage.
Coverage consists of three different limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see policy limits of 30/60/25 that means you have $30,000 bodily injury coverage, a total of $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability insurance covers things such as loss of income, medical expenses and funeral expenses. How much liability should you purchase? That is your choice, but consider buying as much as you can afford. Texas state minimum liability requirements are 30/60/25 but you should consider buying more liability than the minimum.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision) – This coverage will pay to fix damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first must pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims such as hail damage, vandalism, damage from getting keyed, fire damage and damage from flooding. The most your auto insurance company will pay is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider dropping full coverage.
Collision – Collision coverage will pay to fix damage to your C-Max Energi resulting from a collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You have to pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage protects against things such as colliding with another moving vehicle, sideswiping another vehicle, hitting a mailbox, damaging your car on a curb and sustaining damage from a pot hole. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are older. Drivers also have the option to increase the deductible on your C-Max Energi to save money on collision insurance.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance – Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle from other motorists when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Due to the fact that many Texas drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (which is 30/60/25), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is a good idea.
Insurance for medical payments – Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP pay for short-term medical expenses like X-ray expenses, ambulance fees, EMT expenses and surgery. The coverages can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance plan or if you are not covered by health insurance. Medical payments and PIP cover both the driver and occupants and also covers any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible
The best insurance company isn’t always the cheapest
You just read a lot of techniques to reduce Ford C-Max Energi insurance prices online in Austin. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get rates for, the better your comparison will be. Drivers may even discover the best price on insurance is with some of the smallest insurance companies. Smaller companies often have lower rates on specific markets compared to the large companies like State Farm and Allstate.
A few companies may not provide rates over the internet and usually these regional carriers provide coverage only through independent agencies. Cheap Ford C-Max Energi insurance in Austin is possible online and with local Austin insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
Additional insurance information is located on the following sites:
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for 4×4 Vehicles in Austin? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Low Credit Scores in Austin? (FAQ)
- How Much is Austin Car Insurance for Low Income Drivers? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for College Students in Austin? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Austin Auto Insurance Quotes for Inexperienced Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for a 20 Year Old Female in Austin? (FAQ)
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)