Do you need a better way to compare more competitive Hummer H3 insurance in Austin? Finding more affordable Hummer H3 insurance in Austin can seem to be very difficult for drivers new to online price comparisons. Drivers have so many agents and companies to choose from that it can easily turn into a difficult challenge to lower your prices on Hummer H3 insurance.
Unbelievable but true, the vast majority of drivers kept buying from the same company for over three years, and just short of a majority have never shopped around. The average driver in Austin could cut their rates by approximately $1,766 a year just by shopping around, but they won’t spend time to compare rate quotes online.
To find low cost prices, there are a couple of ways to compare rate quotes from car insurance companies in your area. The best method to find the cheapest insurance rates is to get quotes online. Just remember that getting more free quotes will enable you to find a lower rate.
The providers in the list below provide quotes in Austin, TX. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you get rates from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|H3 Adventure Package 4WD||$260||$496||$366||$22||$110||$1,254||$105|
|H3 Luxury Package 4WD||$362||$802||$462||$28||$138||$1,792||$149|
|H3 Alpha 4WD||$318||$602||$430||$26||$128||$1,504||$125|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, claim-free, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Table data does not factor in specific location information which can increase or decrease premiums greatly.
Higher deductibles save money
The chart below shows how choosing a deductible and can impact Hummer H3 yearly insurance costs for different age groups of insureds. The prices are based on a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
How accidents and tickets impact rates
The diagram below demonstrates how traffic citations and at-fault accidents can affect Hummer H3 premium costs for different ages of insureds. The rates are based on a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Hummer H3 insurance rates: Men versus women
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Hummer H3 insurance costs for male and female drivers. The costs are based on no accidents or driving violations, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Cheaper Austin car insurance rates with discounts
Companies don’t necessarily list every available discount in an easy-to-find place, so the list below gives a summary of a few of the more common and also the more inconspicuous credits available to bring down your rates.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles are much safer to drive and will save you 10% or more on H3 insurance in Austin.
- College Student Discount – Any of your kids living away from Austin attending college and do not have access to a covered vehicle can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Membership in Organizations – Belonging to a professional or civic organization can get you a small discount on your next renewal.
- Switch and Save Discount – Some insurance companies give discounts for switching companies prior to your current H3 insurance policy expiring. This can save 10% or more.
- Buy New and Save – Buying a new car model is cheaper due to better safety requirements for new vehicles.
Discounts save money, but please remember that many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce individual premiums such as comp or med pay. So when the math indicates having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
A few popular companies and a selection of discounts include:
- American Family offers premium reductions for Steer into Savings, good driver, good student, air bags, accident-free, and mySafetyValet.
- Farm Bureau may have discounts that include multi-policy, renewal discount, good student, safe driver, and driver training.
- State Farm may offer discounts for Steer Clear safe driver discount, anti-theft, multiple autos, student away at school, and defensive driving training.
- Travelers has savings for continuous insurance, early quote, save driver, good student, driver training, and student away at school.
- The Hartford has discounts for anti-theft, bundle, driver training, defensive driver, and air bag.
- GEICO includes discounts for defensive driver, anti-theft, seat belt use, daytime running lights, air bags, and multi-policy.
- Progressive may include discounts for online signing, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, good student, and homeowner.
Double check with all the companies which credits you are entitled to. All car insurance discounts may not be available in your state.
How Insurers Calculate Hummer H3 Insurance Premiums
Many factors are part of the equation when you get a price on insurance. Some are obvious like a motor vehicle report, but some are not quite as obvious like where you live and annual miles driven.
Your age impacts your premiums – Mature drivers tend to be more responsible, cause fewer claims and accidents, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.Young drivers are proven to be inattentive and easily distracted in a vehicle and because of this, their auto insurance rates are much higher.
Women tend to be lower risk – Statistics demonstrate women tend to be less risk to insure than men. This data doesn’t prove that females are better drivers. Women and men cause accidents at about the same rate, but the males tend to have more serious accidents. They also get ticketed for serious violations like reckless driving and DUI.
High deductibles equal low rates – Deductibles for physical damage are how much you are willing to pay if a covered claim is submitted. Protection for physical damage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, protects your car from damage. A few examples of covered claims would be collision with another vehicle, damage from fire, or theft of your vehicle. The higher the amount the insured has to pay upfront, the less money you will pay for auto insurance.
Avoid auto insurance policy lapses – Driving with no insurance is illegal and you may have a hard time finding new coverage because you let your insurance coverage expire. In addition to paying higher rates, being ticketed for driving with no insurance may earn you fines or a revoked license. You may then be required to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the Texas DMV.
Don’t buy extra policy coverages you don’t use – There are quite a few extra coverages that you can get tricked into buying on your H3 policy. Things like rental car reimbursement, death and dismemberment, and Farm Bureau memberships may be wasting your money. These may sound like a good investment at first, but if you don’t need them eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
Local agents and auto insurance
Certain consumers would rather talk to a local agent and doing that can be a smart decision The best thing about comparing auto insurance online is the fact that you can find the lowest rates and still have a local agent. And providing support for local insurance agents is especially important in Austin.
After filling out this short form, the quote information is submitted to local insurance agents who can give free rate quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You never need to do any legwork due to the fact that quote results will go to your email. You can most likely find cheaper rates and work with a local agent. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, you just need to visit that company’s website and submit a quote form there.
Pick the best car insurance agent in Austin for you
If you need to find an insurance agent, you should know the different agency structures that you can choose from. Austin agents are classified as either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
These type of agents are not limited to a single company so they have the ability to put coverage with multiple insurance companies depending on which coverage is best. If they find a cheaper price, your agent can switch companies and you don’t have to find a new agent.
When comparing auto insurance rates, you will definitely want to compare quotes from at least one independent agent so that you can do a thorough price comparison. Many independent agencies also insure through smaller regional carriers which can save you money.
Below is a small list of independent insurance agents in Austin who can help you get free auto insurance rate quotes.
- Mitchamore Insurance Agency
560, 5316 W US Highway 290 Service Rd – Austin, TX 78735 – (512) 730-1424 – View Map
- Greater Texas Insurance
9809 Anderson Mill Rd – Austin, TX 78750 – (512) 250-5055 – View Map
- Stanley Insurance Agency
512 W Stassney Ln #113 – Austin, TX 78745 – (512) 445-5555 – View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only provide pricing for a single company such as Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide other company’s prices so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agents are well trained on the products they sell and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Drivers often choose to use an exclusive agent primarily because of the prominence of the brand rather than having the cheapest rates.
The following are Austin exclusive agencies that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Larry Evins – State Farm Insurance Agent
4534 West Gate Blvd #202 – Austin, TX 78745 – (512) 327-0303 – View Map
- State Farm: Dick Clay
3006 Bee Cave Rd Suite B170 – Austin, TX 78746 – (512) 328-2340 – View Map
- Bridgette Hearne – State Farm Insurance Agent
3407 W Slaughter Ln b – Austin, TX 78748 – (512) 441-3704 – View Map
Finding the right auto insurance agent should depend on more than just a cheap quote. Any agent in Austin should be willing to answer these questions.
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
Do I need special coverages?
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing insurance from an agent or online, there really is not a best way to insure your cars. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
For instance, these questions can help discover whether your personal situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
- Do I need more liability coverage?
- Why do I have to buy liability insurance?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form.
Auto insurance advertisements
Popular auto insurance providers such as Progressive, Allstate and GEICO seem to constantly run ads in print and on television. All the ads say the same thing that drivers can save some big amount if you just switch your auto insurance coverage to their company. Is it even possible that every company can sell you cheaper insurance coverage? This is the trick they use.
Companies quote their best rates for the type of driver they prefer to insure. An example of this type of risk profile might be described as a female over age 40, has other policies, and the vehicle is rated for pleasure use. A customer getting a price quote that matches those criteria will get a cheap rate quote in Austin and will also pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
Drivers who do not match the requirements will have to pay a more expensive rate which leads to the customer not buying. If you listen closely, the ads state “drivers that switch” not “all people who quote” save that kind of money. That is how insurance companies can lure you into getting a quote.
Each company has different criteria, so you need to quote coverage with many companies. Because you cannot predict which insurance companies will have better premium rates than you’re paying now.
Lower rates by being persistent
Cheaper auto insurance in Austin is available from both online companies and from local agencies, and you need to price shop both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance providers may not have online quoting and many times these regional insurance providers work with independent insurance agents.
People switch companies for a variety of reasons including poor customer service, delays in responding to claim requests, policy non-renewal and extreme rates for teen drivers. Whatever your reason, switching companies is less work than it seems.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of techniques to get a better price on Hummer H3 insurance in Austin. The key concept to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest prices come from some of the smallest insurance companies.
To learn more, feel free to visit the articles below:
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Austin Auto Insurance Quotes for High Mileage Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Austin Car Insurance Rates for Uninsured Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much are Austin Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Camry? (FAQ)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)