Trying to come up with a payment for high-priced auto insurance can drain your savings and force you to tighten up your finances. Comparison shopping is a great way to cut your insurance bill.
Unimaginable but true, over 70% of drivers have stayed with the same insurance company for at least four years, and almost 40% of drivers have never compared quotes from other companies. Many drivers in Austin could save roughly 70% every year just by shopping around, but they don’t believe the benefits if they just switched companies. Due to the large number of choices of insurance companies that have cheap insurance for a Hyundai Azera in Austin, it is very difficult to find the most affordable auto insurance provider.
You should make it a habit to take a look at other company’s rates on a regular basis since insurance rates fluctuate regularly. Just because you had the lowest rate on Hyundai Azera insurance in Austin a couple years back you can probably find a better price now. Forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because you’re going to get a crash course in the tricks you need to know to remove unneeded coverages and save money.
Auto insurance providers offering affordable rate quotes in Texas
The providers in the list below offer price comparisons in Austin, TX. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Azera GLS 4-Dr Sedan||$322||$802||$462||$28||$138||$1,752||$146|
|Azera Limited 4-Dr Sedan||$256||$486||$358||$22||$108||$1,230||$103|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, homeowner, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Table data does not factor in specific location information which can alter prices substantially.
Cost comparison with and without full coverage
The chart below examines Hyundai Azera insurance prices with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. The premiums are based on no claims, a clean driving record, $1,000 deductibles, single male driver, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
When to stop buying comprehensive and collision coverage
There is no exact formula of when to stop paying for comp and collision coverage, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s say your Hyundai Azera book value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most you would get paid by your company is $8,000 after paying your policy deductible. If you are currently paying more than $800 a year to have full coverage, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
There are some scenarios where removing full coverage is not recommended. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you must maintain physical damage coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not drop full coverage.
Rate increases following a ticket or accident
The information below highlights how speeding tickets and accidents can increase Hyundai Azera insurance costs for different age groups. The prices are based on a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Get cheaper Hyundai Azera insurance in Austin with discounts
Buying car insurance is not cheap, but there’s a good chance there are discounts to help offset the cost. A few discounts will automatically apply when you get a quote, but a few must be specifically requested before being credited.
- Use Seat Belts – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to buckle their seat belts could cut 10% or more on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Maintaining low annual mileage can earn discounted premium rates on garaged vehicles.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars and trucks with anti-lock braking systems prevent accidents and will save you 10% or more on Azera insurance in Austin.
- Early Renewal Discounts – Some car insurance companies provide a discount for renewing your policy prior to your current Azera insurance policy expiring. This can save 10% or more.
- Theft Deterrent System – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles prevent vehicle theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Good Driver Discount – Safe drivers can save up to 40% or more on their Austin car insurance quote than drivers with accident claims.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts could see savings of 25 to 30%.
- Own a Home and Save – Just owning your own home can get you a discount because maintaining a house requires personal responsibility.
- E-sign Discounts – Some insurance companies may give you up to $50 get Austin car insurance online.
- Driver Education Discount – Require your teen driver to enroll and complete driver’s education as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
Don’t be shocked that most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. Just because you may think adding up those discounts means a free policy, nobody gets a free ride.
A partial list of companies who might offer these money-saving discounts may include but are not limited to:
If you want the cheapest Hyundai Azera rate quotes, ask every company how many discounts you can get. Savings may not be available in Austin.
Your situation helps dictate your coverage
When buying proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a “best” method to buy coverage. Your needs are unique to you and your insurance should unique, too. For example, these questions can help discover if your insurance needs would benefit from professional advice.
- Does my medical payments coverage pay my health insurance deductible?
- Which companies will insure high-risk drivers?
- Should I pay a claim out-of-pocket?
- Does coverage extend to a rental car in a foreign country?
- How much underlying liability do I need for an umbrella policy?
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
- What is the minimum liability in Texas?
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- What discounts do I qualify for?
- What states are considered no-fault?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It’s fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Are insurance agencies used anymore?
Certain consumers prefer to buy from a local agent and doing that can be a smart decision Good agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and give you someone to call. A nice benefit of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get the lowest rates and still buy from a local agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, the coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents in Austin that give free quotes for your coverage. There is no need to do any legwork since rate quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. If you wish to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, you just need to find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
Finding the right company requires more thought than just a low price. Any good agent in Austin should know the answers to these questions.
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- Where are claims handled?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Austin?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
Exclusive agents vs. Independent agents
When finding an insurance agent, you need to know there are two different agency structures and how they can quote your rates. Insurance agents in Austin can either be independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Both types can insure your vehicles properly, but it’s a good idea to understand the difference in the companies they write for since it can affect which type of agent you select.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These type of agents can only provide pricing for a single company like Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They are unable to compare other company’s rates so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agents are trained well on sales techniques which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Listed below are exclusive agents in Austin who can help you get price quote information.
Independent insurance agents can sell policies from many different companies so they can insure your vehicles amongst many companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If prices rise, your policy is moved internally and that require little work on your part. If you need cheaper insurance rates, we recommend you get rate quotes from multiple independent agents to have the most options to choose from.
Listed below are independent agents in Austin willing to provide comparison quotes.
Nationwide Insurance: Bill Russell Insurance Agency Inc
9015 Mountain Ridge Dr #350 – Austin, TX 78759 – (512) 343-1106 – View Map
If you feel you receive positive responses to any questions you have in addition to an acceptable price estimate, you have narrowed it down to a car insurance agent that is a good match to adequately provide insurance. Keep in mind consumers can cancel your policy at any time so never assume you are locked into your new company indefinitely.
Can you really save if you switch?
Texas drivers can’t get away from all the ads for cheaper car insurance by companies like GEICO, State Farm and Progressive. They all say the same thing about how much you will save if you just switch your coverage to them.
It sounds good, but how can they all lower your premium rates?
Most companies offer their best rates for the type of driver that earns them the highest profit. One example of a driver they prefer may need to be over the age of 50, has a low-risk occupation, and drives less than 10,000 miles a year. Anybody who matches those parameters receives the best premium rates in Austin and will also save if they switch.
Drivers who do not match these criteria will see a more expensive rate which usually ends up with business not being written. If you listen to the ad wording, they say “customers that switch” but not “all drivers who get quotes” can save as much as they claim. That’s why companies can make claims like that. Because of this risk profiling, you absolutely need to get price quotes at each policy renewal. It is impossible to guess which car insurance company will have the lowest rate quotes.
You can find cheaper coverage
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s very important that you do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many cases where an insured dropped collision coverage to discover at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your objective should be to get the best coverage possible at an affordable rate, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Cost effective Hyundai Azera insurance can be bought on the web in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should compare rates from both to have the best selection. Some auto insurance companies do not offer rates over the internet and many times these smaller providers provide coverage only through independent insurance agents.
For more information, feel free to browse these articles:
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- Who Has Cheap Austin Car Insurance Rates for Uninsured Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for a Nissan Rogue in Austin? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for First-time Drivers in Austin? (FAQ)
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Hybrid vehicles cost insurers more (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)