Would you like to stop overpaying and find more affordable Kia Optima insurance in Austin? Finding the lowest price Austin Kia Optima insurance quotes might appear rather difficult for vehicle owners who are new to comparing and buying insurance over the internet. With such a big selection of agents and companies, how can vehicle owners efficiently compare every possible option in order to find the best available price?
Statistics show that a large majority of insurance policyholders renewed their policy with the same company for over three years, and almost half have never even compared rates from other companies. Texas insurance shoppers can save roughly $1,770 each year, but most undervalue the rate savings if they just switched companies.
It is always a good idea to get comparison quotes yearly because prices go up and down regularly. Even if you got the best rates on Kia Optima insurance in Austin at your last renewal the chances are good that you can find a lower premium rate today. Forget all the misinformation about insurance because it’s time to teach you the things you must know in order to lower your annual insurance bill.
When comparison shopping, there are several ways to get quotes from companies that offer car insurance in Texas. One of the best ways to lower the rate you pay for Kia Optima insurance involves getting comparison quotes online. When comparing car insurance rates, know that more quotes gives you a better chance of getting the best rates.
The following companies are ready to provide free rate quotes in Austin, TX. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Prices do not factor in vehicle location which can decrease or increase coverage prices greatly.
Gender-based auto insurance rates in Austin
The information below compares Kia Optima insurance prices for male and female drivers. The price estimates are based on no claims or driving citations, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied.
Kia Optima full coverage rates compared to liability only
The example below shows the comparison of Kia Optima auto insurance rates with full coverage and liability only. The prices are based on no claims, a clean driving record, $250 deductibles, married male driver, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Deciding between full coverage and liability only
There isn’t a written rule to delete physical damage coverage, but there is a general school of thought. If the annual cost of coverage is more than 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then you might consider buying liability only.
For example, let’s say your Kia Optima book value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, you would only receive $3,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If premiums are more than $300 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are some scenarios where dropping physical damage coverage is not in your best interest. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you have to keep full coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not remove full coverage.
Three good reasons to insure your Optima
Even though Austin Optima insurance rates can get expensive, paying for insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability protection if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Kia Optima with a loan, almost every bank will have a requirement that you have insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender may insure your Kia at a significantly higher premium and require you to fork over for it.
- Insurance protects both your vehicle and your assets. It will also provide coverage for most medical and hospital costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your insurance policy will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance definitely exceed the price paid, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver overpays more than $825 a year so shop around at every renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but you may be missing some discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Certain reductions will be credited when you complete an application, but some need to be asked about before you get the savings.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Active or former government employment may reduce rates when you quote Austin auto insurance with certain companies.
- Defensive Driving Course – Passing a course teaching safe driver skills could possibly earn you a 5% discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Drivers Education – Have your child enroll and complete driver’s education as it can save substantially.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts could save 15% on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you have multiple policies and insure them both with the same insurance company you will save 10% to 20% off each policy.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can reduce accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Multi-line Discount – If the company offers life insurance, you could get a lower rate if you buy some life insurance too.
- Paper-free Discount – Many larger companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks shop Austin auto insurance digitally online.
Drivers should understand that many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. If you do the math and it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, you won’t be that lucky.
Larger car insurance companies and a selection of discounts are:
- State Farm offers premium reductions for multiple autos, driver’s education, multiple policy, anti-theft, safe vehicle, good student, and good driver.
- Progressive offers discounts including online signing, multi-vehicle, homeowner, good student, and multi-policy.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including multi-policy, homeowner, continuous coverage, online signing, and online quote discount.
- MetLife has discounts for claim-free, good student, defensive driver, accident-free, multi-policy, and good driver.
- Farm Bureau has savings for good student, youthful driver, multi-vehicle, 55 and retired, safe driver, and driver training.
- GEICO may include discounts for military active duty, daytime running lights, anti-theft, driver training, and multi-policy.
- SAFECO includes discounts for accident prevention training, drive less, teen safety rewards, bundle discounts, homeowner, teen safe driver, and safe driver.
If you need affordable Kia Optima insurance quotes, ask every prospective company to give you their best rates. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be offered on policies in your area. If you would like to see a list of insurers that offer many of these discounts in Austin, click here.
Get rate quotes but work with a neighborhood Austin auto insurance agent
Many people would prefer to talk to a local agent. The biggest benefit of getting online price quotes is you can get better rates and still choose a local agent.
Upon completion of this short form, your coverage information is instantly submitted to participating agents in Austin that provide free Austin auto insurance quotes for your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to search for an agent due to the fact that quote results will go directly to you. You can find better rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you wish to compare rates for a specific company, you would need to jump over to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Picking the best insurer requires you to look at more than just the premium amount. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- What discounts might you be missing?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
When searching for a good insurance agency, it helps to know the two different types of agents and how they work. Agents in Austin can be classified as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only provide pricing for a single company and examples are State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. These agents are not able to compare other company’s rates so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents are highly trained on their products and sales techniques which can be an advantage. Consumers sometimes buy from the same agent for years primarily because of the brand legacy rather than having low rates.
Listed below are exclusive agencies in Austin that are able to give price quotes.
- David Simmons – State Farm Insurance Agent
1910 W Braker Ln #400 – Austin, TX 78758 – (512) 837-8825 – View Map
- Herman Askew – State Farm Insurance Agent
13201 Pond Springs Rd #105 – Austin, TX 78729 – (512) 250-5533 – View Map
- Nancy Callahan – State Farm Insurance Agent
3500 Jefferson St #313 – Austin, TX 78731 – (512) 451-7573 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that choose to be independent are appointed with more than one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with lots of companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If they find a cheaper price, your agent can just switch to a different company which makes it simple for you.
When comparing rate quotes, we highly recommend that you compare quotes from several independent insurance agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Many write coverage with smaller companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Below is a list of independent agents in Austin that are able to give price quotes.
- Lezam Insurance
4301 W. William Cannon Dr., Ste. B-120 – Austin, TX 78749 – (512) 263-4333 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: James Gary Howe
3720 Far West Blvd #114 – Austin, TX 78731 – (512) 346-7645 – View Map
- Stanley Insurance Agency
512 W Stassney Ln #113 – Austin, TX 78745 – (512) 445-5555 – View Map
Insureds who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including not issuing a premium refund, extreme rates for teen drivers, denial of a claim or high rates after DUI convictions. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a new company is easier than you think.
Some auto insurance companies do not provide the ability to get a quote online and many times these regional carriers work with local independent agents. Lower-priced Kia Optima insurance in Austin can be sourced from both online companies and from local agencies, so you should compare both to have the best selection.
We covered some good ideas how you can lower your Kia Optima insurance car insurance rates in Austin. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers may even find the most savings is with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
More learning opportunities
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Single Moms in Austin? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Drivers with Bad Credit in Austin? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Austin Auto Insurance Quotes for Active Military? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for First-time Drivers in Austin? (FAQ)
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)