Are you sick of overpaying and want lower-priced Kia Spectra insurance in Austin? I really doubt anyone is fond of buying car insurance, especially when they know they could find lower prices if they just compared rates.
Unbelievable but true, a large majority of drivers have purchased from the same company for four years or more, and roughly 40% of drivers have never compared car insurance rates at all. Many consumers in Texas can save about $1,766 each year, but they don’t want to take the time to find lower-cost car insurance rates.
Companies like Progressive, GEICO and Farmers Insurance continually hit you with ads and it can be hard to sift through the bull and do the work needed to find the best deal.
Just keep in mind that comparing more rates from different companies helps you find lower pricing. Not every company does rate quotes online, so you should also compare quotes on coverage from those companies, too.
The companies in the list below are ready to provide price quotes in Austin, TX. If multiple providers are shown, it’s a good idea that you get rates from several of them to get the best price comparison.
Slash rates with these discounts
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but there could be available discounts that you may not even be aware of. A few discounts will be applied at the time you complete a quote, but some may not be applied and must be specifically requested prior to receiving the credit. If you do not check that you are getting every discount you qualify for, you are paying more than you should be.
- Student Discounts – Performing well in school can get you a discount of up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up to age 25.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having a family member in the military could trigger a small discount.
- No Claims – Good drivers with no accidents are rewarded with significantly better rates on Austin auto insurance quote as opposed to drivers with a long claim history.
- Sign Online – Some companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks simply for signing on the web.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Fewer annual miles on your Kia could earn discounted auto insurance rates on garaged vehicles.
- Life Insurance – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn lower auto insurance rates if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Responsible Driver Discounts – Insureds who avoid accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than drivers with accident claims.
- Use Seat Belts – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to wear their seat belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Early Payment Discounts – By making one initial payment rather than paying in monthly installments you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Driver Education Discount – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers successfully complete driver’s ed class in school.
We need to note that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. Just because it seems like you can get free auto insurance, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business. But any discount should definitely cut the premium cost.
A list of companies and the discounts they provide are included below.
- State Farm may include discounts for multiple autos, accident-free, passive restraint, good student, driver’s education, multiple policy, and safe vehicle.
- Esurance discounts include online shopper, Switch & Save, Pac-12 alumni, DriveSense, and anti-theft.
- Progressive has savings for continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, multi-policy, online signing, and homeowner.
- Liberty Mutual has discounts for multi-car, preferred payment discount, good student, new graduate, exclusive group savings, teen driver discount, and safety features.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may offer discounts for safe vehicle, paid in full, anti-theft, paperless, and multi-policy.
- GEICO includes discounts for daytime running lights, membership and employees, federal employee, seat belt use, and defensive driver.
When getting free Austin auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to each company or agent which discounts you may be entitled to. Some discounts listed above may not apply in your area. To find insurers that offer many of these discounts in Texas, follow this link.
Insurance just makes sense
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Kia Spectra in Austin, insuring your vehicle is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability protection in order to license the vehicle. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Kia, almost every bank will require that you have physical damage coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank will be required to insure your Kia at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay for it.
- Insurance preserves both your Kia and your personal assets. It will also cover medical bills for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability coverage also covers legal expenses in the event you are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying enough insurance greatly outweigh the cost, particularly for liability claims. But the average American driver is overpaying over $825 a year so compare quotes from several companies once a year at a minimum to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Insurance agent or online?
Many drivers just want to buy from a local agent and that is not a bad decision The best thing about comparing insurance prices online is you may find better rates and still have an agent to talk to.
By using this quick form, your insurance coverage information is transmitted to participating agents in Austin who will give competitive quotes for your coverage. There is no need to search for an agent because prices are sent immediately to you. You can find lower rates without a big time investment. If you have a need to get a rate quote for a specific company, you can always navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
Choosing the best provider is decision based upon more than just a cheap price quote. Any agent in Austin should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
If you are wanting to find a reliable insurance agency, there are a couple of different types of agencies and how they can service your needs differently. Car insurance agents may be either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Agents of this type can only write with one company and some examples include State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. They usually cannot compare other company’s rates so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training on their products and sales techniques which helps them compete with independent agents.
The following is a list of exclusive agencies in Austin that are able to give comparison quotes.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent do not work for one specific company and that allows them to write policies with lots of companies and find you cheaper rates. If your premiums go up, they simply switch companies in-house and that require little work on your part. When comparison shopping, you definitely need to get quotes from a couple of independent agencies to get the best comparison.
Below is a short list of independent agencies in Austin that are able to give rate quotes.