Want to learn a better way to compare more affordable Nissan GT-R insurance in Austin? Did a good deal turn into an overpriced auto insurance policy? You’re preaching to the choir because there are lots of people in the same boat.
Regrettably, almost 70% of insureds in Texas kept their policy with the same company for four years or more, and nearly the majority have never even shopped around for affordable coverage. Most drivers in the United States could save themselves $859 a year by just shopping around, but they think it’s difficult to go online and compare rates. Big companies like Allstate, Progressive and GEICO all claim big savings, bombarding you with ads and it is challenging if not impossible to separate fact from fiction and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
Best companies for cheap Nissan GT-R insurance in Texas
The following companies are ready to provide comparison quotes in Texas. If multiple companies are shown, it’s a good idea that you compare several of them to find the most competitive car insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|GT-R Premium AWD 2-Dr||$258||$632||$366||$22||$110||$1,388||$116|
|GT-R AWD 2-Dr||$292||$742||$392||$24||$118||$1,568||$131|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and homeowner. Premium costs do not factor in specific location which can influence rates considerably.
Auto insurance cost for men versus women in Austin
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Nissan GT-R premium costs for male and female drivers. The data is based on no claims or driving citations, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
How careless driving impacts auto insurance rates
The information below highlights how speeding tickets and at-fault accidents drive up Nissan GT-R annual premium costs for each different age category. The data assumes a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Learn How to Find Auto Insurance at a Discount
Lots of things are taken into consideration when pricing auto insurance. Some are obvious such as traffic violations, but some are not as apparent like your vehicle usage or your commute time. Part of the auto insurance buying process is learning some of the things that go into determining auto insurance rates. When consumers understand what influences your rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that will entitle you to much lower annual insurance costs.
Where you live factors in – Living in a small town is a good thing when trying to find low car insurance rates. Urban drivers regularly have traffic congestion and more severe claims. Fewer drivers translates into fewer accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
High performance vehicles cost more to insure – The make and model of the car you drive makes a substantial difference in your premium level. The lowest rates will normally be found when insuring the lowest performance passenger cars, but that’s not the only thing that factors into the final price. Since the Nissan GT-R is a sport coupe, rates will be much more as compared to the average rate in Austin.
Get married and get better rates – Having a wife or husband can get you a discount on your auto insurance policy. It generally demonstrates drivers are more mature and responsible and statistics prove married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
Driving citations mean higher rates – Having just one speeding ticket or other violation may increase your cost by as much as twenty percent. Good drivers have lower premiums than bad drivers. Drivers who have gotten serious tickets such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may be required to complete a SR-22 with their state in order to keep their license.
If you don’t need it don’t buy it – Policies have extra add-on coverages that sound like a good idea at the time if you aren’t careful. Insurance for roadside assistance, better glass coverage, and term life insurance are some examples. They may sound like good ideas when buying your policy, but now you might not need them so think about removing them and cutting costs.
Frequent claims will cost you more – If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you can definitely plan on much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Companies in Texas award better rates to people who are not frequent claim filers. Insurance coverage is intended to be relied upon for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
Loss probability for a Nissan GT-R – Auto insurance companies take into consideration historical loss data for every vehicle in order to profitably underwrite each model. Models that have higher number or severity of losses will have higher premium rates. The table below outlines the historical loss data for Nissan GT-R vehicles.
For each coverage category, the claim amount for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, is represented as 100. Values that are 100 or less mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while values that are above 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or statistically larger losses.
Nissan GT-R Insurance Claim Statistics
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Nissan GT-R 2dr 4WD||373||82||317|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Get lower-cost rates with discounts
Some providers don’t list all available discounts very clearly, so the next list breaks down a few of the more well known and also the more inconspicuous credits available to you.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-lock braking systems can avoid accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – Not necessarily a discount, but certain companies will allow you to have one accident before raising your premiums with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a certain period of time.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low mileage vehicles may allow you to get cheaper premium rates.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Good drivers with no accidents are rewarded with significantly better rates on Austin car insurance quote compared to bad drivers.
- Telematics Devices – Drivers that enable their insurance company to spy on when and where they use their vehicle by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system may see discounts if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you have multiple policies with one insurance company you could save 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can pay as much as 50% less compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- 55 and Retired – Older drivers could receive better insurance rates.
- Early Signing – A few insurance companies give discounts for buying a policy before your current expiration date. The savings is around 10%.
Discounts lower rates, but some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Even though the math looks like all those discounts means the company will pay you, nobody gets a free ride.
A few popular companies and some of the premium reductions they offer include:
- State Farm includes discounts for anti-theft, good student, student away at school, multiple policy, and Drive Safe & Save.
- GEICO offers discounts for anti-theft, emergency military deployment, membership and employees, military active duty, defensive driver, seat belt use, and multi-policy.
- Liberty Mutual has savings for multi-car, preferred payment discount, hybrid vehicle, new graduate, teen driver discount, multi-policy, and newly married.
- The Hartford may have discounts that include good student, driver training, bundle, defensive driver, anti-theft, and air bag.
- MetLife offers discounts including defensive driver, multi-policy, claim-free, good driver, accident-free, good student
- Progressive offers premium reductions for continuous coverage, online quote discount, homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and online signing.
When quoting, ask every company which discounts they offer. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply to policies in your state. If you would like to view insurance companies who offer cheap Nissan GT-R insurance quotes in Texas, click here to view.
Local neighborhood insurance agents
A lot of people just prefer to buy from a licensed agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Experienced insurance agents can help you choose the best coverages and help submit paperwork. One of the benefits of comparing insurance online is the fact that you can find cheaper prices and still have a local agent.
Once you complete this simple form, your insurance coverage information is transmitted to insurance agents in Austin who will give you bids for your coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to do any legwork because quoted prices will be sent immediately to your email address. If you wish to get a price quote from one company in particular, don’t hesitate to navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Choosing a provider requires more thought than just the price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
Two types of Austin car insurance agents
If you are searching for a reputable insurance agent or broker, there are a couple of different agency structures that you can choose from. Agents in Austin may be either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Either one can properly insure your vehicles, but it’s worth learning how they are different since it may influence which type of agent you select.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These agents have only one company to place business with and some examples include Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. They are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. They are well schooled on sales techniques and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
The following are exclusive agencies in Austin that can give you price quotes.
Independent Insurance Agents
These agents can quote rates with many companies so they have the ability to put coverage with many different companies and find you the best rates. If your premiums go up, they simply move your policy to a different company and you stay with the same agent.
When comparison shopping, you definitely need to get several quotes from a few independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
The following is a list of independent insurance agents in Austin willing to provide price quotes.
Drivers who switch save $459 a year? Really?
Texas consumers can’t avoid all the ads that promise big savings from the likes of State Farm, GEICO and Progressive. All the ads have a common claim that people will save just by moving to them.
It sounds good, but how can they all charge less that you’re paying now? It’s all in the words they use.
All companies have a preferred profile for the type of driver that is profitable for them. For example, a profitable risk profile may be a female over age 40, is a homeowner, and the vehicle is rated for pleasure use. Any driver that fits those parameters will get the preferred auto insurance rates in Austin and will save some money.
People who are not a match for these standards may be forced to pay more expensive rates which leads to the customer buying from a different company. Company advertisements say “people that switch” not “everyone that quotes” save money. That’s the way companies can truthfully make claims that they all have the best rates. This illustrates why drivers must compare quotes as often as possible. It’s just not possible to know which car insurance company will be your best fit.
Cheaper auto insurance is a realistic goal
When you buy Austin car insurance online, make sure you don’t skimp on coverage in order to save money. In too many instances, an insured cut physical damage coverage only to regret that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your aim should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the best price while not skimping on critical coverages.
We just covered a lot of ways to shop for Nissan GT-R insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even discover the best price on auto insurance is with a small mutual company. Some small companies may only write in your state and offer lower car insurance rates than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
For more information, feel free to browse the articles below:
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Good Drivers in Austin? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Honda Civic in Austin? (FAQ)
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)