Searching for cheaper insurance for your Pontiac G6 in Texas could be a painful process, but you can learn a few tricks and make it easy. There are both good and bad ways to shop for auto insurance so we’re going to tell you the quickest way to quote coverages for a new or used Pontiac and find the lowest price either online or from Austin insurance agents.
It’s important to get comparison quotes once or twice a year since insurance prices are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Even if you think you had the best price on Pontiac G6 insurance in Austin a year ago there is a good chance you can find better rate quotes now. You can find a lot of wrong information about G6 insurance out there, but by reading this article, you’re going to learn a bunch of ideas how to lower your auto insurance premiums.
Cheap companies for Pontiac G6 insurance
The providers in the list below provide price comparisons in Austin, TX. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you get rate quotes from several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|G6 4-Dr Sedan||$166||$288||$392||$24||$118||$988||$82|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Price estimates do not factor in zip code location which can increase or decrease premium rates substantially.
Rate increases following a ticket or accident
The illustration below shows how violations and accidents can drive up Pontiac G6 insurance costs for different age groups. The data is based on a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Take these nine policy discounts and save on Pontiac G6 insurance in Austin
Auto insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but you may find discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. A few discounts will be applied at the time you complete a quote, but once in a while a discount must be asked for before you get the savings.
- Save over 55 – Seniors may be able to get a slight reduction on a Austin car insurance quote.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Good drivers with no accidents pay much less as opposed to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Home Ownership Discount – Owning a house in Austin may earn you a small savings because owning a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Military Rewards – Having a family member in the military could trigger a small discount.
- Distant Student Discount – Any of your kids who live away from home at college and don’t have a car may be able to be covered for less.
- Waiver for an Accident – This one isn’t a discount, but companies like Liberty Mutual, Allstate and State Farm permit an accident without getting socked with a rate hike as long as you don’t have any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Government Employees – Employees or retirees of the government can save as much as 8% but check with your company.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Drivers who require all occupants to buckle up could save 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Life Insurance Discount – Not all insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a discount if you purchase some life insurance too.
Just know that most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. Even though it appears it’s possible to get free car insurance, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous.
Insurance companies that may include most of the discounts above are:
When quoting, ask each company or agent which discounts they offer. A few discounts may not apply in Austin. If you would like to view companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Austin, click here.
Don’t I need to get advice from an insurance agency?
A lot of people still like to go talk to an agent and that can be a smart move Most agents will help you protect your assets and help submit paperwork. One of the benefits of comparing rate quotes online is that you can obtain lower prices and still buy from a local agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, your information gets sent to participating agents in Austin who can give free rate quotes for your business. You won’t even need to leave your house due to the fact that quote results will go to the email address you provide. In the event you want to get a rate quote from one company in particular, just find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
Picking the best company shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price quote. Below are some questions you should ask.
- How many years have they been established?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Austin?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Austin?
Below is a list of car insurance companies in Austin that may be willing to give price quotes for Pontiac G6 insurance in Austin.
- Karen Easterling – State Farm Insurance Agent
2711 W Anderson Ln #201 – Austin, TX 78757 – (512) 454-4784 – View Map
- Capitol City Insurance
8030 N Mopac Expy – Austin, TX 78759 – (512) 343-0280 – View Map
- Richard Munoz – State Farm Insurance Agent
5446 W US Hwy 290 Service Rd #104 – Austin, TX 78735 – (512) 892-3527 – View Map
- EZ Insurance Agency – North
7600 N Lamar Blvd # E – Austin, TX 78752 – (512) 445-2700 – View Map
Coverages available on your car insurance policy
Understanding the coverages of a car insurance policy helps when choosing appropriate coverage at the best deductibles and correct limits. The terms used in a policy can be ambiguous and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays for damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. A deductible will apply then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims like rock chips in glass, damage from a tornado or hurricane, hitting a bird, theft and damage from getting keyed. The most your car insurance company will pay is the cash value of the vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle when other motorists either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries and also any damage incurred to your Pontiac G6.
Because many people only carry the minimum required liability limits (30/60/25 in Texas), their limits can quickly be used up. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage should not be overlooked.
Liability insurance can cover damages or injuries you inflict on people or other property in an accident. It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You commonly see limits of 30/60/25 which stand for $30,000 bodily injury coverage, $60,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability coverage pays for things such as repair costs for stationary objects, structural damage, medical services and pain and suffering. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but consider buying higher limits if possible. Texas state law requires minimum liability limits of 30/60/25 but it’s recommended drivers buy higher limits.
Collision insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You have to pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision insurance covers things like colliding with a tree, backing into a parked car, sustaining damage from a pot hole and scraping a guard rail. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Drivers also have the option to increase the deductible on your G6 to bring the cost down.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP pay for immediate expenses for dental work, doctor visits, rehabilitation expenses, EMT expenses and prosthetic devices. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. They cover you and your occupants and will also cover getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Be persistent and save
In this article, we presented quite a bit of information on how to shop for Pontiac G6 insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even be surprised to find that the best price on insurance is with the smaller companies.
When shopping online for insurance, you should never skimp on coverage in order to save money. Too many times, an insured dropped liability limits or collision coverage only to regret they didn’t have enough coverage. Your focus should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the lowest possible cost and still be able to protect your assets.
Drivers change insurance companies for many reasons like extreme rates for teen drivers, not issuing a premium refund, policy cancellation or unfair underwriting practices. It doesn’t matter what your reason, choosing a new insurance company is easier than you think.
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for Government Employees in Austin? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Corolla in Austin? (FAQ)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- What if I Can’t Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Institute)