Do you want cheaper car insurance rates in Austin, TX? Austin drivers have lots of choices when trying to find the lowest priced Scion iQ insurance. You can either spend your time struggling with agents trying to get quotes or save time using the internet to find the lowest rates.
There are more efficient ways to find car insurance online and you need to know the best way to get price quotes for your Scion and locate the lowest possible price from both online companies and Austin agents.
It’s a good idea to compare prices before your next renewal due to the fact that insurance prices are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Just because you found the best deal on Scion iQ insurance in Austin on your last policy other companies may now be cheaper. You’ll find a ton of advice on iQ insurance out there, but I’m going to show you some of the best techniques to lower your car insurance rates in Austin.
Most major insurance companies make it easy to get prices on the web. Obtaining pricing for Scion iQ insurance in Austin is quite easy because you just enter your required coverages as requested by the quote form. Once you submit the form, their rating system automatically retrieves your credit score and driving record and returns a price quote based on the information you submitted.
This makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it is imperative to do this if you want to find the lowest car insurance rates.
To quickly find out how much you’re overpaying now, compare quotes from the companies shown below. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you duplicate coverages and limits just like they are on your policy. This helps ensure you will be getting a rate comparison based on similar coverages.
The auto insurance companies shown below can provide quotes in Texas. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you click on several of them to get the cheapest price.
Protect your iQ and other assets
Despite the high cost, insurance serves several important purposes.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability coverage if you want to drive legally. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Scion iQ, most lenders will stipulate that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you default on your policy, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Scion for a much higher rate and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards both your Scion iQ and your assets. It will also provide coverage for hospital and medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability coverage also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit in the event you are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of having insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially when you need to use it. The average driver in America is currently overpaying as much as $750 every year so shop around at least once a year to make sure the price is not too high.
Don’t overlook these seven Scion iQ insurance discounts
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but discounts can save money and there are some available that many consumers don’t even know exist. Most are applied at quote time, but some need to be asked for prior to getting the savings. If they aren’t giving you every credit possible, it’s possible you qualify for a lower rate.
- College Student Discount – Kids who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Austin and do not take a car to college may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Participating in a safe driver course could possibly earn you a 5% discount if you qualify.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to use their safety belts could save 15% off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Keeping the miles down on your Scion may enable drivers to earn lower premium rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Switch and Save Discount – Some companies reward drivers for buying a new policy prior to your current iQ insurance policy expiring. You may see this discount when you get Austin car insurance quotes online.
- Federal Government Employee – Employees or retirees of the government may qualify for a discount when you quote Austin car insurance with select insurance companies.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying a policy with more than one vehicle on one policy qualifies for this discount.
A little note about advertised discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. So even though it sounds like all the discounts add up to a free policy, you aren’t that lucky. But all discounts will definitely lower your policy cost.
Larger auto insurance companies and their possible discounts are outlined below.
- Farm Bureau offers discounts including multi-vehicle, safe driver, good student, 55 and retired, driver training, multi-policy, and youthful driver.
- MetLife may offer discounts for multi-policy, claim-free, accident-free, defensive driver, good driver, and good student.
- Progressive includes discounts for good student, online signing, homeowner, online quote discount, multi-policy, continuous coverage, and multi-vehicle.
- AAA policyholders can earn discounts including good driver, good student, education and occupation, pay-in-full, and AAA membership discount.
- American Family discounts include bundled insurance, multi-vehicle, Steer into Savings, early bird, and accident-free.
- GEICO has savings for driver training, multi-policy, federal employee, daytime running lights, multi-vehicle, membership and employees, and anti-lock brakes.
- State Farm may include discounts for good driver, Drive Safe & Save, multiple autos, safe vehicle, defensive driving training, and anti-theft.
Double check with every insurance company which discounts you qualify for. Some credits may not apply to policyholders in Austin. If you would like to choose from a list of companies with the best Scion iQ insurance discounts in Texas, click this link.
Local Austin insurance agents
Certain consumers still prefer to buy from a licensed agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Most agents are trained risk managers and help submit paperwork. One of the benefits of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that drivers can get lower prices and also buy local. Supporting small agencies is important especially in Austin.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, your information gets sent to companies in Austin that can provide free Austin car insurance quotes for your auto insurance coverage. You won’t even need to do any legwork due to the fact that quote results will go to you. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote from a specific company, feel free to search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Finding the right insurance company should depend on more than just the quoted price. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Will they give you a referral list?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Austin?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Austin?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Austin?
- How long has their agency been in business in Austin?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
Understanding the coverages of your policy helps when choosing appropriate coverage and proper limits and deductibles. Car insurance terms can be confusing and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
This coverage will pay to fix damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You need to pay your deductible first and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive can pay for things like damage from a tornado or hurricane, rock chips in glass, hitting a bird, vandalism and falling objects. The maximum payout you’ll receive from a claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider dropping full coverage.
This coverage pays for damage to your iQ resulting from colliding with an object or car. You will need to pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage pays for claims such as crashing into a ditch, hitting a parking meter, hitting a mailbox and backing into a parked car. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider removing coverage from older vehicles. Drivers also have the option to choose a higher deductible on your iQ to bring the cost down.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
This protects you and your vehicle from other motorists when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. It can pay for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and also any damage incurred to your Scion iQ.
Since a lot of drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (Texas limits are 30/60/25), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is important protection for you and your family. Normally these coverages do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Medical expense insurance
Med pay and PIP coverage kick in for immediate expenses for things like X-ray expenses, prosthetic devices, ambulance fees and hospital visits. They are often used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. They cover you and your occupants in addition to any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is only offered in select states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
This coverage will cover damage that occurs to people or other property by causing an accident. This coverage protects you from legal claims by others. Liability doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You might see liability limits of 30/60/25 which means a $30,000 limit per person for injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $60,000, and property damage coverage for $25,000. Some companies may use one number which is a combined single limit that pays claims from the same limit and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability insurance covers things such as repair costs for stationary objects, medical expenses, funeral expenses, bail bonds and structural damage. How much liability should you purchase? That is your choice, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase higher limits if possible. Texas requires drivers to carry at least 30/60/25 but you should consider buying better liability coverage.
Cheaper insurance premiums are possible
You just learned a lot of tips how to get a better price on Scion iQ insurance in Austin. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Austin car insurance quotes. You may even find the lowest priced insurance comes from an unexpected company.
Lower-priced insurance in Austin can be found online as well as from insurance agents, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some companies don’t offer the ability to get a quote online and usually these regional carriers work with independent agents.
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s very important that you do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many cases, drivers have reduced liability coverage limits and discovered at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your goal is to get the best coverage possible at the lowest possible cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
For more information, take a look at the articles below:
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)