Are you researching lower-priced Toyota Prius insurance in Austin? Being forced to pay for pricey auto insurance premiums can bleed your bank account and make it hard to pay other bills.
It’s amazing but nearly 70% of customers have remained with the same auto insurance company for well over three years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never compared rate quotes at all. Many consumers in the United States could pocket $859 a year by just comparing quotes, but they underestimate how much savings they would realize if they switch to a new company. With consumers having so many insurance providers from which to choose, it’s difficult to pick the right company.
You need to quote other rates occasionally because rates are variable and change quite frequently. Even if you think you had the lowest rate on Toyota Prius insurance in Austin a year ago you can probably find a better price now. There is lot of inaccurate information about Prius insurance online but in a few minutes you can learn some of the best ways to lower your auto insurance rates in Austin.
Low-cost companies for Toyota Prius insurance in Texas
The providers in the list below offer quotes in Austin, TX. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Rates do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can change coverage prices significantly.
Physical damage deductibles: Should you raise them?
The chart below demonstrates how deductible levels and can change Toyota Prius yearly insurance costs for different age groups of insureds. The rates are based on a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Toyota Prius annual premiums for males versus females
The information below shows the difference between Toyota Prius insurance rates for male and female drivers. The data is based on no violations or claims, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
You may qualify for discounts for Toyota Prius insurance in Austin
Auto insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but you might be missing out on some discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Many discounts should be triggered at quote time, but lesser-known reductions have to be asked about in order for you to get them.
- Good Students Pay Less – This discount can save 20 to 25%. The good student discount can last up to age 25.
- No Accidents – Austin drivers who stay claim-free pay much less when compared with policyholders that have many claims.
- Defensive Driver – Taking a defensive driving course could cut 5% off your bill and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Data Collection Discounts – Drivers who elect to allow driving data collection to monitor where and when they drive by installing a telematics device such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive may get a rate reduction if they have good driving habits.
- Memberships – Participating in a civic or occupational organization in Austin may earn a discount when getting a Austin car insurance quote.
- Senior Citizen Discount – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you could receive a slight reduction on a Austin car insurance quote.
One thing to note about discounts is that some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Most cut specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it appears all the discounts add up to a free policy, you’re out of luck.
Large auto insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are shown below.
- GEICO may have discounts that include daytime running lights, seat belt use, good student, five-year accident-free, air bags, and emergency military deployment.
- MetLife may include discounts for claim-free, multi-policy, defensive driver, accident-free, and good student.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for online signing, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, good student, online quote discount, multi-policy, and homeowner.
- Travelers includes discounts for good student, payment discounts, hybrid/electric vehicle, new car, continuous insurance, and home ownership.
- SAFECO has savings for teen safe driver, homeowner, anti-theft, multi-car, and anti-lock brakes.
- AAA offers discounts for good student, multi-policy, education and occupation, multi-car, pay-in-full, and anti-theft.
If you need cheaper Austin car insurance quotes, ask all the companies to give you their best rates. All car insurance discounts might not apply in your state.
Local neighborhood Austin car insurance agents
A lot of people still like to sit down with an agent and that is a smart decision Professional insurance agents can make sure you are properly covered and help file insurance claims. The best thing about comparing car insurance online is that you can find cheap car insurance quotes and still have a local agent.
Once you complete this simple form, your insurance data is emailed to agents in your area who can give free rate quotes for your car insurance coverage. You don’t have to contact any agents because quoted prices will be sent directly to your email. If for some reason you want to get a price quote from a specific company, you just need to find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
Picking an provider is decision based upon more than just the quoted price. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Texas?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Austin?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
Ads can be misleading
Consumers in Texas get pounded daily by advertisements for the lowest price auto insurance from the likes of GEICO, State Farm and Progressive. They all seem to seem to make the promise about saving some big amount if you move your coverage.
But how can every company give you a better price on Toyota Prius insurance in Austin? Just pay attention to how they say it.
Companies have an ideal profile for the type of driver that will add to their bottom line. For instance, a driver they prefer may be a female over age 40, has other policies, and drives less than 7,500 miles a year. A customer that meets those criteria is entitled to the best price and therefore will save some money.
Potential insureds who may not quite match the requirements may be required to pay higher rates and this can result in business not being written. The ads state “customers that switch” but not “all drivers who get quotes” save the amount stated. That’s the way companies can truthfully advertise the savings. That is why you should get as many free Austin car insurance quotes as possible. Because without a comparison, you cannot know which auto insurance company will have the lowest Toyota Prius insurance in Austin.
Car insurance savings summarized
When buying insurance coverage, do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In too many instances, someone dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your focus should be to get the best coverage possible at the best cost.
Lower-priced Toyota Prius insurance in Austin is possible both online in addition to many Austin insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best rate selection. A few companies do not offer rate quotes online and many times these regional carriers provide coverage only through local independent agents.
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Immigrants in Austin? (FAQ)
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Institute)