Do you want to save money by finding cheaper Toyota Prius V insurance in Austin? No sane person enjoys paying for car insurance, in particular when they could find better rates elsewhere.
It’s hard to fathom, but about 70% of customers have remained with the same car insurance company for at least the last four years, and nearly the majority have never shopped around. Texas drivers could save $1,766 every year just by shopping around, but they feel it’s too difficult to save money by comparing rate quotes. Big companies like State Farm, Farmers Insurance, GEICO and Allstate continually bombard you with ads and it is challenging if not impossible to ignore the propaganda and take the time to shop coverage around.
If you are insured now or need a new policy, you can follow these tips to get lower rates while maintaining coverages. Locating the most cost-effective insurance policy in Austin is actually not that difficult if you follow our advice. Comparison shoppers only need an understanding of the most efficient way to compare different rates on the web.
The fastest way that we advise to compare insurance rates from multiple companies is to take advantage of the fact all the major auto insurance companies participate in a system to provide you with a free rate quote. The only thing you need to do is spend a couple of minutes providing details like deductibles desired, driver ages, whether you have decent credit, and how much school you completed. The rating information gets sent immediately to multiple companies and you get price estimates almost instantly.
To compare rates for your car now, click here and complete the quick form.
The providers in the list below can provide quotes in Austin, TX. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
Auto insurance discounts help lower rates for Toyota Prius V insurance in Austin
Some insurers do not list their entire list of discounts very clearly, so the following is a list of a few of the more common and the more hidden credits available to bring down your rates.
- Auto/Life Discount – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a discounted auto insurance rate on car insurance if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Cautious Drivers – Accident-free drivers may save up to 50% more compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Drive Less and Save – Low annual miles could earn lower auto insurance rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Driver Education Discount – Have your child enroll and complete driver’s education if it’s offered in school.
- Senior Citizens – Mature drivers can get a small discount on rates.
- Theft Prevention System – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices have a lower chance of being stolen so companies will give you a small discount.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Buying a new car model can save you some money because new model year vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
As a sidenote, some of the credits will not apply to the whole policy. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. So even though it sounds like it’s possible to get free car insurance, nobody gets a free ride.
Some of the insurance companies that may include these money-saving discounts may include but are not limited to:
If you need low cost Austin car insurance quotes, ask every prospective company how you can save money. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply in every state. To view insurers that offer many of these discounts in Austin, follow this link.
Buying the right Toyota Prius V insurance in Texas is an important decision
Despite the high cost, buying car insurance may be required for several reasons.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Prius V, it’s most likely the lender will have a requirement that you have physical damage coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Toyota at a much higher premium rate and require you to pay the higher premium.
- Car insurance preserves not only your Toyota but also your financial assets. It will also cover hospital and medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers legal expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance are definitely more than the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is overpaying more than $810 a year so smart consumers compare quotes at every policy renewal to save money.
Exclusive versus independent car insurance agents
Many drivers just want to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is just fine! Agents can help you choose the best coverages and help in the event of a claim. One of the benefits of price shopping on the web is that drivers can save money and get cheap insurance rates and also buy local. And supporting local agencies is important especially in Austin.
By using this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is immediately sent to local insurance agents in Austin who can give free rate quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won’t even need to search for any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered to you. If you want to get a price quote from a specific insurance provider, you can always search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
Shown below is a short list of auto insurance companies in Austin that may be able to provide rate quotes for Toyota Prius V insurance in Austin.
Finding the right insurance company shouldn’t rely on just the price. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- How many companies do they write for?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Texas?