Are you doing reasearch to find low-cost Volkswagen CC insurance in Austin? Have you finally had enough of wondering where the money will come from to pay high car insurance rates every month? You are in the same boat as millions of other people.
Amazingly, over 70% of consumers have been with the same company for at least four years, and 38% of drivers have never compared quotes from other companies. Austin consumers could save as much as $1,766 each year by just shopping around, but they don’t invest the time required to find lower-cost car insurance rates.
Lots of insurance companies contend for your business, so it’s not easy to compare every provider to discover the definitive best price available on Volkswagen CC insurance in Austin.
Consumers need to do price comparisons on a regular basis because car insurance prices fluctuate regularly. Even if you got the lowest price on Volkswagen CC insurance in Austin on your last policy other companies may now be cheaper. Ignore everything you know about car insurance because I’m going to teach you one of the best ways to remove unneeded coverages and save money.
If you have coverage now, you stand a good chance to be able to find better prices using the tips covered below. Locating the best rates in Austin is really quite easy. Nevertheless, Texas car owners do need to understand the way insurance companies sell online and use this information to your advantage.
Best companies for cheap Volkswagen CC insurance in Texas
The following companies offer price quotes in Austin, TX. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you visit two to three different companies in order to find the most competitive rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|CC Sport 4-Dr Coupe||$186||$338||$392||$24||$118||$1,058||$88|
|CC Luxury 4-Dr Coupe||$270||$472||$382||$22||$114||$1,260||$105|
|CC VR6 Sport 4-Dr Coupe||$410||$828||$514||$30||$154||$1,936||$161|
|CC VR6 Motion 4-Dr Coupe||$422||$672||$500||$30||$150||$1,774||$148|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and homeowner. Rate quotes do not factor in garaging location in Austin which can change rates significantly.
Drive responsibly or pay higher rates
The example below shows how violations and at-fault accidents can influence Volkswagen CC insurance costs for each different age group. The data assumes a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
The illustration below illustrates how your deductible choice and can affect Volkswagen CC insurance costs for different age categories. The information is based on a married male driver, full coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Full coverage rates compared to liability-only
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Volkswagen CC car insurance rates with and without physical damage coverage. The price estimates are based on no claims or violations, $1,000 deductibles, married male driver, and no discounts are applied.
Should you pay for full coverage or liability only?
There is no written rule to drop comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline. If the yearly cost of full coverage is about 10% or more of replacement cost minus your deductible, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
For example, let’s say your Volkswagen CC claim settlement value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most you would receive is $3,000 after paying your deductible. If premiums are more than $300 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
There are a few situations where buying only liability insurance is not financially feasible. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to keep full coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
What Affects Volkswagen CC Insurance Rates?
Lots of things are considered when quoting car insurance. Some factors are common sense such as your driving record, although others are less obvious such as your marital status or how safe your car is. Part of the auto insurance buying process is learning the rating factors that come into play when calculating auto insurance rates. When you understand what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make educated decisions that will entitle you to lower rates.
The itemized list below are just a few of the factors used by companies to determine your prices.
- What type of car, truck or SUV do you drive? – The make and model of the car you need to insure makes a huge difference in how high your rates are. The cheapest insurance rates tend to be for small economy passenger models, but your final cost has many other factors. Because the Volkswagen CC is considered a sedan, insuring your vehicle will cost about the same as compared to the average rate in Austin.
- Driver age impacts rates – More experienced drivers are more cautious drivers, file fewer claims, and receive fewer citations.Inexperience drivers are statistically shown to get distracted easily when at the wheel of a vehicle and because of this, their auto insurance rates are much higher.
- Your address can push rates up or down – Being located in a rural area has it’s advantages when shopping for auto insurance. City drivers tend to have more aggressive driving styles and longer commutes to work. Fewer drivers and short commutes means reduced accidents and a lower car theft rate.
- Insure car and home with the same company – Most major insurance companies apply discounts to insureds who consolidate policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Discounts can be 10 percent or more. Even though this discount sounds good, you still need to compare Volkswagen CC rates in Austin to help ensure you have the lowest rates.
- Your employer is a factor – Did you know your auto insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Jobs like judges, airline pilots, and medical professionals generally pay the highest average rates due to intense work requirements and extremely grueling work hours. On the flip side, professions such as actors, students and retirees generally pay rates lower than average.
- Buy as much liability insurance as you can afford – A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance kicks in if ever you are determined to be liable for an accident. It provides legal defense which can be incredibly expensive. Liability insurance is pretty cheap compared to other policy coverages, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
- Insurance loss statistics a Volkswagen CC – Car insurance companies include the past claim history for a vehicle to help set a rate to offset losses. Vehicles that the data determines to have higher loss trends will cost more for specific coverages.
The table below demonstrates the collected loss data for Volkswagen CC vehicles. For each type of coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles averaged together is considered to be 100. Values below 100 imply a favorable loss record, while numbers above 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or statistically larger claims.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Volkswagen CC Vehicles
Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Volkswagen CC 2WD 132 99 119 99 108 103 Volkswagen CC 4WD 162 134
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Cheaper Volkswagen CC insurance quotes in Austin
Insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but there’s a good chance there are discounts that many consumers don’t even know exist. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at quote time, but some need to be inquired about prior to receiving the credit.
- Payment Discounts – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of paying each month you can avoid the installment charge.
- Mature Driver Discount – Seniors may receive a slight reduction on a Austin auto insurance quote.
- Seat Belts Save – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to use a seat belt can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Government Employees – Federal government employees can save as much as 8% with select insurance companies.
- Bundle and Save – When you have multiple policies with the same insurance company you could get a discount of up to 20% and get you inexpensive Volkswagen CC insurance in Austin.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Fewer annual miles on your Volkswagen could be rewarded with better premium rates on cars that stay parked.
- Driving Data Discount – Austin drivers who agree to allow their insurance company to analyze vehicle usage remotely like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot could see a rate decrease if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Accident Free – Drivers who don’t have accidents get the best insurance rates when compared with bad drivers.
- Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags can qualify for discounts of 20% or more.
Policy discounts save money, but most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. Just because you may think you can get free auto insurance, nobody gets a free ride.
The best insurance companies and the discounts they provide include:
- GEICO has savings for anti-lock brakes, anti-theft, five-year accident-free, good student, seat belt use, driver training, and multi-vehicle.
- SAFECO may have discounts that include anti-theft, multi-car, safe driver, accident prevention training, teen safe driver, drive less, and homeowner.
- State Farm discounts include defensive driving training, safe vehicle, driver’s education, anti-theft, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- MetLife may offer discounts for good driver, multi-policy, defensive driver, claim-free, good student, accident-free
- 21st Century offers discounts for driver training, early bird, good student, anti-lock brakes, student driver, teen driver, and 55 and older.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including online quote discount, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, good student, and online signing.
When getting free Austin auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to each company or agent the best way to save money. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply to policyholders in Austin. For a list of companies that offer the discounts shown above in Texas, click here.
Exclusive and independent insurance agents
Many drivers just prefer to buy from a licensed agent and there is nothing wrong with that. A nice benefit of getting free rate quotes online is you can get cheap rate quotes and still buy from a local agent.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is instantly submitted to insurance agents in Austin who will return price quotes to get your business. You won’t even need to find an agent on your own as quotes are delivered instantly to you. You can find the lowest rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, feel free to navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
Finding the right insurer should include more criteria than just a cheap price. Any agent in Austin should have no problem answering these questions:
- Is the quote a firm price?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
Different types of auto insurance agents in Austin
If you are searching for a local insurance agency, there are two different types of agents and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Auto insurance agencies are classified as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents can only provide one company’s prices and some examples include State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents cannot provide prices from multiple companies so keep that in mind. They are highly trained on the products they sell which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
Below are Austin exclusive insurance agencies that can give you price quotes.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be independent are not employed by one company so they can insure your vehicles through many companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If premiums increase, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you don’t have to do anything.
When shopping rates, you should always include rate quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to get the best comparison.
The following is a list of independent insurance agents in Austin that are able to give comparison quotes.
Smart shoppers get results
Discount Volkswagen CC insurance in Austin can be bought on the web and also from your neighborhood Austin agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some car insurance companies don’t offer online quoting and most of the time these small insurance companies provide coverage only through independent insurance agents.
As you quote Austin auto insurance, never reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many situations where consumers will sacrifice liability limits or collision coverage and learned later that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The goal is to get the best coverage possible at the lowest possible cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
Helpful learning opportunities
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Cheap Austin Auto Insurance Rates for Business Use? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Austin Car Insurance Rates for a Hyundai Elantra? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Used Cars in Austin? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)