Would you like to save money by finding more affordable Audi A4 insurance in Austin? If you're new to shopping for Austin auto insurance quotes online, chances are good that you are bewildered thanks to all the different types of insurance providers that all say they have the best rates for Audi A4 insurance in Austin.
Shockingly, 70% of consumers kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for a minimum of four years, and about 40% of consumers have never compared rate quotes at all. Many drivers in Texas could cut their rates by almost $1,800 a year just by comparing rates, but they underestimate the large savings they would see if they changed companies.
Locating the most cost-effective car insurance policy in Austin is really quite simple as long as you have a good starting point. If you are insured now, you will most likely be able to get lower rates using the tips covered below. Nevertheless, Texas car owners must understand how insurance companies sell insurance online and use it to find better rates.
It's important to know that making a lot of price comparisons will enable you to find more affordable rates.
The companies shown below are ready to provide price quotes in Texas. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Premium Turbo Station Wagon||$202||$486||$462||$28||$138||$1,316||$110|
|A4 2.0T Premium Turbo 4-Dr Sedan||$318||$718||$430||$26||$128||$1,620||$135|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Premium Turbo 4-Dr Sedan||$210||$400||$366||$22||$110||$1,108||$92|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Premium Plus Turbo Station Wagon||$410||$988||$514||$30||$154||$2,096||$175|
|A4 2.0T Premium Plus Turbo 4-Dr Sedan||$234||$462||$366||$22||$110||$1,194||$100|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Premium Plus Turbo 4-Dr Sedan||$410||$828||$514||$30||$154||$1,936||$161|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Premium Plus 4-Dr Sedan||$178||$360||$366||$22||$110||$1,036||$86|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Prestige Turbo Station Wagon||$318||$694||$430||$26||$128||$1,596||$133|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Prestige 4-Dr Sedan||$232||$450||$358||$22||$108||$1,170||$98|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Prestige Turbo 4-Dr Sedan||$356||$760||$496||$30||$148||$1,790||$149|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Premium amounts do not factor in zip code location which can decrease or increase auto insurance rates significantly.
Impact of speeding/accidents on auto insurance rates
The diagram below demonstrates how speeding tickets and at-fault collisions raise Audi A4 premium costs for different age categories. The data is based on a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Should you raise deductibles?
The diagram below demonstrates how choosing different deductibles and can impact Audi A4 insurance costs for different age groups. Data assumes a single female driver, full coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Do you need full coverage?
The example below shows the comparison of Audi A4 insurance rates with full coverage and liability only. The information is based on a clean driving record, no claims, $1,000 deductibles, married male driver, and no policy discounts are applied.
Guidelines for dropping full coverage
There is no written rule to delete physical damage coverage, but there is a general school of thought. If the annual cost of having full coverage is more than about 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then you might consider buying liability only.
For example, let's say your Audi A4 book value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most your company would pay you is $2,000 after the deductible is paid. If you are paying in excess of $200 annually for physical damage coverage, then it might be time to buy liability only.
There are a few situations where dropping physical damage coverage is not recommended. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you have to carry full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not remove full coverage.
Verify you're getting every discount
Auto insurance is not inexpensive, but you may find discounts to reduce the price significantly. A few discounts will be applied at the time you complete a quote, but some must be inquired about prior to getting the savings.
- Online Discount - A handful of companies will give you a small discount shop Austin auto insurance on the web.
- Good Students Pay Less - This discount can save 20 to 25%. Most companies allow this discount until age 25.
- Payment Discounts - If you pay your bill all at once as opposed to paying monthly you could save 5% or more.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings - Maintaining low annual mileage may enable drivers to earn better premium rates on cars that stay parked.
- Driver's Ed - Require your teen driver to enroll and complete driver's education in high school.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it doesn't quite work that way. Any amount of discount should help reduce your policy cost.
To locate providers that offer discounts in Austin, click here.
Are insurance agencies a thing of the past?
A lot of people just want to talk to an insurance agent and there is nothing wrong with that. An additional benefit of comparing insurance online is that drivers can save money and get cheap insurance rates and still have an agent to talk to.
By using this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is submitted to insurance agents in Austin who will return price quotes for your coverage. You won't need to drive around as quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. You can find better rates and work with a local agent. If you wish to get a rate quote from a particular provider, feel free to find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
Selecting a insurer requires you to look at more than just the price. Any agent in Austin should be willing to answer these questions.
- How many years have they been established?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
Austin auto insurance agents come in two flavors
When searching for a local agent, you need to know there are two types of insurance agents and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Insurance agencies in Austin are categorized either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel write business for a single company and some examples include Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. They generally cannot place coverage with different providers so it's a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agents are trained well on their products and sales techniques which can be an advantage. A lot of people buy from exclusive agents primarily because of loyalty to the company rather than having the cheapest rates.
The following are Austin exclusive agents willing to provide price quote information.
- Gary Shanahan - State Farm Insurance Agent
5145 N FM 620 b170 - Austin, TX 78732 - (512) 458-2593 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Richard Harper
1807 W Slaughter Ln Ste 400 - Austin, TX 78748 - (512) 292-7410 - View Map
- Stuart Nalewaik - State Farm Insurance Agent
1717 W 6th St #214 - Austin, TX 78703 - (512) 382-6019 - View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
These agents are not employed by one company so as a result can place your coverage with any number of different companies and find you the best rates. If they find a cheaper price, your policy is moved internally and that require little work on your part.
If you need lower rates, you will definitely want to compare quotes from at least one independent agent to maximize your price options. Most can insure with lesser-known insurance companies which may have better rates.
Listed below are independent insurance agencies in Austin that are able to give rate quotes.
- Eckert Insurance Group
824 W 10th St - Austin, TX 78701 - (512) 472-6969 - View Map
- Central Insurance Agency, Inc.
6000 N Lamar Blvd - Austin, TX 78752 - (512) 451-6551 - View Map
- All Texas Insurance
6700 Middle Fiskville Rd # 303 - Austin, TX 78752 - (512) 459-7979 - View Map
Your situation helps dictate your coverage
Always remember that when buying adequate coverage, there really is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Each situation is unique so your insurance needs to address that. For example, these questions may help highlight if your insurance needs might need an agent's assistance.
- Where can I find DUI or SR-22 insurance?
- Can I insure my car for more than it's worth?
- How high should deductibles be on a Audi A4?
- Is my teenager covered with friends in the car?
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
- I have health insurance so do I need medical payments coverage?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- How do I file an SR-22 for a DUI in Texas?
If you can't answer these questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Get Cheaper Insurance Costs by Understanding These Factors
Smart consumers have a good feel for the different types of things that play a part in calculating the price you pay for insurance. If you have some idea of what determines premiums, this enables informed choices that can help you get cheaper rates. Many different elements are used when quoting car insurance. A few of the factors are predictable like your driving record, but some are not quite as obvious like where you live or your vehicle rating.
- Your location is a factor - Being located in small towns and rural areas is a good thing when it comes to insurance. Fewer drivers on the road means a lower chance of having an accident. Drivers who live in large Texas cities have to deal with more traffic problems and longer commute times. More time on the road translates into higher accident risk.
- Improve your credit history - A driver's credit score can be an important factor in determining your rates. So if your credit history is not that good, you could pay less to insure your Audi A4 by taking the time to improve your credit score. Drivers who have excellent credit tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than those with poor credit.
- Premiums increase with policy add-ons - Insurance companies have many extra coverages that sound like a good idea at the time if you aren't diligent. Insurance for things like vanishing deductibles, accidental death, and extra equipment coverage may be costing you every month. They may seem good when discussing your needs, but if they're wasting money remove them from your policy.
- Your liability insurance limits - The liability coverage on your policy will protect you when a court rules you are at fault for physical damage or personal injury to other. Your policy's liability insurance provides legal defense coverage to defend your case. It is affordable coverage compared to other policy coverages, so do not skimp.
- Buy a safe car and pay less - Vehicles that have high safety ratings get lower rates. Highly rated vehicles protect occupants better and fewer serious injuries means less claims paid and more competitive rates for policyholders. If your Audi A4 has ratings of a minimum an "acceptable" rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website it is probably cheaper to insure.
- Do you work long hours in a tough employer? - Did you know your occupation can influence how much you pay for insurance? Occupations such as military personnel, architects and financial analysts generally have higher rates than the rest of us because of high stress and extremely grueling work hours. On the other hand, occupations such as scientists, students and retirees get better rates.
- Audi A4 claim statistics - Car insurance companies factor in insurance loss information to calculate a rate that will offset losses. Vehicles that the statistics show to have increased claim numbers or amounts will be charged more to insure. The table below shows the loss history for Audi A4 vehicles.
For each coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles, as an average, equals 100. Values below 100 represent a good loss history, while values over 100 indicate more frequent claims or tendency to have larger claims.
Audi A4 Insurance Loss Statistics
Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Audi A4 4dr 2WD 179 107 103 80 112 100 Audi A4 4dr 4WD 160 94 118 66 68 77 Audi A4 Allroad Station Wagon 4WD 145 84 110 47 47 70
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Three good reasons to insure your vehicle
Despite the high cost, paying for car insurance is required by state law in Texas and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require a specific level of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car legally. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Audi A4, most lenders will make it a condition of the loan that you buy full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If the policy lapses, the lender will be forced to insure your Audi at a more expensive rate and force you to reimburse them the higher price.
- Insurance protects both your Audi and your personal assets. It will also provide coverage for hospital and medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays expenses related to your legal defense if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your Audi gets damaged, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of insuring your A4 outweigh the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. But the average driver in Texas overpays more than $869 every year so you should quote rates at every renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Smart shoppers get results
When shopping online for auto insurance, do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many instances, an insured dropped full coverage only to discover later that it was a big mistake. The proper strategy is to buy the best coverage you can find at a price you can afford, but don't skip important coverages to save money.
Some companies may not provide online price quotes and these smaller providers only sell through independent agents. The cheapest Audi A4 insurance in Austin is available online as well as from insurance agents, so you need to compare both to have the best rate selection.
Much more information about auto insurance in Texas can be found on the following sites:
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for College Graduates in Austin? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a Subaru Forester in Austin? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Austin Auto Insurance Quotes for Active Military? (FAQ)
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)