Are you doing reasearch to find more affordable insurance rates in Austin, TX? Austin shoppers have many options when shopping for affordable Chevy Uplander insurance. They can either spend hours driving around to compare prices or utilize the internet to find the lowest rates.
There is a better way to buy insurance and we’ll show you the absolute fastest way to quote coverages for your Chevy and obtain the lowest price from Austin insurance agents and online providers.
A recent survey discovered that a large majority of insurance policyholders in Texas renewed their policy with the same company for at least the last four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never shopped around. American insurance shoppers could save themselves roughly $859 a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they assume it’s a waste of time to compare other rate quotes.
It’s a great practice to compare premium rates as often as possible because insurance prices fluctuate regularly. Just because you found the lowest price on Chevy Uplander insurance in Austin on your last policy the chances are good that you can find a lower rate quote today. Block out anything you think you know about insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to the fastest and easiest way to save money, get proper deductibles and limits, all at the lowest rate.
Buy More Affordable Auto Insurance with These Tips
When buying auto insurance it’s important to understand some of the factors that are used to determine your auto insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that could help you find lower premium levels.
The itemized list below are a few of the things auto insurance companies consider when setting your rates.
- Higher prices for auto insurance policy lapses – Driving with no insurance is against the law and you may have a hard time finding new coverage because you let your coverage lapse. Not only will you pay more, getting caught without coverage could result in a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license. You will then be forced to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the Texas department of motor vehicles.
- Guys tend to take more risk – Statistics demonstrate that females tend to be a little less risky than males. However, this does not mean women are better drivers. Females and males tend to get into at-fault accidents at about the same rate, but the males cause more damage. Men also statistically get ticketed for serious violations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving.
- Insurance premiums and vehicle performance – The make and model of the vehicle you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a big difference in determining your rates. The lowest premiums are usually for small economy passenger models, but many other things help determine your insurance rates. Due to the fact that the Chevrolet Uplander is a van and minivan, insuring your vehicle will cost similar in price compared to average rates in Austin.
- Older drivers pay less – Beginning drivers in Texas tend to get distracted easily when behind the wheel therefore auto insurance rates are much higher. Older people are more cautious drivers, cause fewer claims and accidents, and are safer drivers.
- Better auto insurance rates on cars with good safety ratings – Vehicles with high crash test scores tend to have lower insurance rates. Vehicles built for safety help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and fewer injuries means lower claim amounts which can result in lower premiums.
- Multiple policies with one company – Many companies will award discounts to insureds who buy several policies from them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. This can amount to as much as ten percent or more Even though this discount sounds good, it’s still a good idea to compare other company rates to help ensure you have the lowest rates.
- More people means more accidents – Residing in less populated areas can save you money if you are looking for the lowest rates. Less people living in that area translates into fewer accidents in addition to lower liability claims Residents of big cities tend to have much more traffic and more severe claims. The longer drive time translates into higher accident risk.
How to lower your Chevy Uplander insurance cost in Austin
The companies shown below provide quotes in Austin, TX. If multiple providers are shown, it’s a good idea that you get rate quotes from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Auto insurance buyers beware
Consumers can’t get away from all the ads for the lowest price auto insurance from companies such as GEICO, State Farm and Progressive. All the ads say the same thing that drivers can save some big amount if you change to them.
How do they all say the same thing? It’s all in the numbers.
Companies have specific characteristics for the type of driver that earns them the highest profit. A good example of a desirable risk could possibly be over the age of 50, has a clean driving record, and chooses high deductibles. Anybody that meets those criteria will get a cheap rate quote in Austin and will save money with a new company.
Potential insureds who may not quite match the ideal profile may receive more expensive rates which results in business not being written. The ads say “customers who switch” not “everybody who quotes” save money. This is how insurance companies can confidently make it sound like they have such great prices.
Because of this risk profiling, you really need to get a wide range of price quotes. It is just not possible to predict which company will have the best Chevy Uplander insurance in Austin.
Insurance protects more than just your car
Despite the high insurance cost for a Chevy Uplander in Austin, paying for insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
First, almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability insurance if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a lien on your Chevy Uplander, most banks will force you to have physical damage coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Chevy at a more expensive rate and force you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
Third, insurance safeguards your vehicle and your assets. Insurance will also pay for hospital and medical expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability coverage will also pay attorney fees in the event you are sued. If your Chevy gets damaged, your insurance policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of buying enough insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially for larger claims. According to a recent study, the average American driver overpays more than $865 each year so you should quote your policy with other companies at least once a year to save money.
Discounts mean cheaper rates for Chevy Uplander insurance in Austin
Not too many consumers would say auto insurance is affordable, but you may find discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. A few discounts will automatically apply at the time of quoting, but some may not be applied and must be requested specifically before you get the savings.
- Early Payment Discounts – If you pay your bill all at once instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can actually save on your bill.
- No Claim Discounts – Drivers with accident-free driving histories get the best auto insurance rates as opposed to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Drive Safe and Save – Accident-free drivers can save as much as half off their rates than less cautious drivers.
- Government Employee Discount – Employees or retirees of the government can save as much as 8% depending on your auto insurance provider.
- Club Memberships – Having an affiliation with specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations may earn a discount on your next auto insurance statement.
- Distant Student Discount – Kids who are attending college and do not have access to a covered vehicle can receive lower rates.
- Bundled Policy Discount – When you have multiple policies and insure them both with the same insurance company you may save over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
Discounts lower rates, but most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Despite the fact that it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
If you would like to view providers that offer multiple discounts in Texas, click here to view.
Local insurance agents
A small number of people prefer to talk to a local agent and that is not a bad decision Most agents can answer important questions and help in the event of a claim. An additional benefit of comparing rates online is the fact that you can find better rates and still buy from a local agent. Putting coverage with local agents is still important in Austin.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, the coverage information is immediately sent to local insurance agents who can give free rate quotes to get your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to contact an agency due to the fact that quote results will go straight to your inbox. If you have a need to compare rates from a specific insurance company, just search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
Exclusive and independent Austin auto insurance agents
When looking for an insurance agent, there are a couple of types of agencies and how they function. Car insurance agencies can be described as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Either can insure your vehicles properly, but it is important to understand the differences since it could factor into your selection of an agent.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents of this type are not locked into one company and that gives them the ability to insure with multiple insurance companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If prices rise, your agent can switch companies and the insured can keep the same agent. When comparison shopping, you should always compare quotes from at least one independent agent to have the most options to choose from. Most have the option of insuring with lesser-known insurance companies which may provide better rates.
Featured below is a small list of independent insurance agents in Austin who may be able to give you cheap rate quotes.
- Capitol City Insurance
8030 N Mopac Expy – Austin, TX 78759 – (512) 343-0280 – View Map
- Reed Insurance Agency
2579 Western Trails Blvd #240 – Austin, TX 78745 – (512) 892-4555 – View Map
- Lezam Insurance
4301 W. William Cannon Dr., Ste. B-120 – Austin, TX 78749 – (512) 263-4333 – View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
These type of agents normally can only provide a single company’s rates and examples are Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot place coverage with different providers so keep that in mind. These agents are well trained on their company’s products which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Some consumers prefer to use the same agent mainly due to loyalty to the company rather than low rates.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Austin who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Fleming and Conway Agency
3435 Greystone Dr Ste 107 – Austin, TX 78731 – (512) 345-0005 – View Map
- Dick Cohalla – State Farm Insurance Agent
10711 Burnet Rd #102 – Austin, TX 78758 – (512) 837-4210 – View Map
- Robert Ndegwa – State Farm Insurance Agent
1200 W Howard Ln f – Austin, TX 78753 – (512) 837-8818 – View Map
Picking the best insurance agent should include more criteria than just a cheap price quote. The following questions are important to ask.
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Texas?
Once you have received reasonable responses to your questions and a good coverage price, it’s a good possibility that you have found an insurance agent that is reputable and can insure your vehicles.
When do I need an agent’s advice?
When quoting and choosing a policy, there isn’t really a “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s situation is unique.
For example, these questions can aid in determining whether you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Is my trailer covered?
- Is a new car covered when I drive it off the dealer lot?
- Should I rate my vehicle as business use?
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- What is motorclub and do I need it?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required Texas minimum liability coverage?
- How much underlying liability do I need for an umbrella policy?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form. It’s fast, free and can help protect your family.
Cheaper insurance is a realistic goal
We just covered many ideas to shop for Chevy Uplander insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the better likelihood of getting affordable Austin auto insurance quotes. You may even discover the lowest premium rates are with a smaller regional carrier.
Drivers switch companies for many reasons like being labeled a high risk driver, delays in paying claims, high prices and even policy cancellation. Regardless of your reason, switching insurance companies can be pretty painless.
As you prepare to switch companies, do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. Too many times, drivers have reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits and found out when filing a claim they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best possible price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
For more information, link through to the articles below:
- Pickups fall short in headlight tests (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a Ford Fusion in Austin? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Austin Auto Insurance Rates for Business Use? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Austin Auto Insurance for 19 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a GMC Sierra in Austin? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Single Moms in Austin? (FAQ)
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Institute)