No car owner enjoys paying for car insurance, especially knowing it costs too dang much.
Unbelievable but true, the vast majority of car insurance customers renewed their policy with the same company for well over three years, and nearly half have never compared rates with other companies. Many consumers in Austin can save hundreds of dollars each year by just shopping around, but they assume it’s a waste of time to shop around.
Companies like Progressive, State Farm and GEICO increase brand awareness with ad campaigns and consumers find it hard to see through the cute green geckos and mayhem and do the work needed to find the best deal.
It’s smart to price shop coverage as often as possible due to the fact that insurance rates go up and down regularly. Just because you found the lowest premium rates on Ford GT insurance in Austin a few years ago you will most likely find a better price today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about car insurance because you’re going to learn the things you must know in order to find lower rates on car insurance.
The quickest method to get rate comparisons for Ford GT insurance in Austin is to know the fact car insurance companies participate in a system to provide you with a free rate quote. All consumers are required to do is provide details including driver ages, if you went to college, whether the vehicles are used for commuting, and the make and model of your vehicles. Your details is instantly sent to insurance companies and you should receive rate quotes quickly.
To find lower cheaper Ford GT insurance rates now, click here and enter your zip code.
The companies in the list below are ready to provide price quotes in Austin, TX. If multiple companies are shown, it’s a good idea that you get rate quotes from several of them to find the lowest car insurance rates.
Why do I need car insurance?
Even though it can be expensive, insurance is required for several reasons.
First, almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability insurance if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you took out a loan on your GT, most lenders will make it a condition of the loan that you buy full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your Ford at a significantly higher premium and require you to fork over much more than you were paying before.
Third, auto insurance preserves not only your vehicle but also your assets. It will also provide coverage for medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay for a defense attorney if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, your policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the price paid, particularly when you have a large claim. But the average driver in Texas is overpaying over $825 a year so smart consumers compare quotes at every policy renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Are car insurance companies telling the truth?
Car insurance providers like State Farm, GEICO and Progressive continually stream ads in print and on television. They all make the same claim about savings if you just switch your car insurance policy to them. How is it possible that every company can give you a lower rate on Ford GT insurance in Austin?
Many companies have a preferred profile for a prospective insured that will not have excessive claims. A good example of this type of insured could be between the ages of 30 and 50, has a clear driving record, and has great credit. Any person that matches those criteria will get a cheap rate quote in Austin and therefore will save money with a new company.
Drivers who do not meet this stringent profile will see higher premiums which leads to the driver buying from a lower-cost company. The ad wording is “customers that switch” but not “everyone who gets a quote” save that kind of money. That is how insurance companies can confidently make the claims of big savings.
This emphasizes why you absolutely need to get Austin car insurance quotes as often as possible. It is impossible to predict which company will be your best fit.
Discounts for affordable auto insurance rates
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but you may find discounts that you may not know about. Certain reductions will be credited when you get a quote, but lesser-known reductions have to be asked for before you get the savings.
- No Claim Discounts – Claim-free drivers have much lower rates in comparison to drivers with a long claim history.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Forcing all vehicle occupants to fasten their seat belts can save a little off the personal injury premium cost.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are stolen less frequently and earn discounts up to 10% off your Austin car insurance quote.
- Active Service Discounts – Having a deployed family member may lower your prices slightly.
- Memberships – Belonging to a professional or civic organization can get you a small discount on auto insurance.
- Accident Forgiveness – This one is not really a discount per se, but some insurance companies permit an accident before they charge you more for coverage with the catch being you have to be claim-free prior to being involved in the accident.
- Good Students Pay Less – Maintaining excellent grades may save as much as 25% on a Austin car insurance quote. This discount can apply up until you turn 25.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Buying a policy with multiple vehicles on one policy could earn a price break for each car.
We need to note that some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So even though it sounds like adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies don’t profit that way.
Larger auto insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are shown below.
- State Farm offers discounts including passive restraint, good driver, good student, driver’s education, safe vehicle, and multiple autos.
- American Family discounts include Steer into Savings, good student, good driver, defensive driver, and early bird.
- AAA may offer discounts for good student, pay-in-full, AAA membership discount, multi-car, education and occupation, and anti-theft.
- GEICO offers discounts for federal employee, membership and employees, defensive driver, multi-vehicle, emergency military deployment, and good student.
- Mercury Insurance has savings for annual mileage, location of vehicle, good driver, good student, and low natural disaster claims.
- Farmers Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including early shopping, bundle discounts, youthful driver, good student, alternative fuel, and electronic funds transfer.
- Progressive has discounts for continuous coverage, homeowner, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, online signing, and good student.
Check with all the companies how many discounts you can get. Some discounts may not apply to policies in Austin. If you would like to see a list of insurers that offer the discounts shown above in Austin, click here to view.
Local Austin car insurance agents and insurance
Many people just want to visit with an insurance agent and we recommend doing that The biggest benefit of getting online price quotes is that drivers can save money and get the lowest rates and still choose a local agent. Buying from local agents is especially important in Austin.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, the quote information is emailed to local insurance agents who will return price quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t even need to drive around due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to your email address. You can find lower rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance provider, feel free to find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Multiple types of auto insurance agents in Austin
If you’re trying to find a reliable insurance agent, it helps to know the two different agency structures and how they can service your needs differently. Insurance agents are classified as either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Agents in the independent channel are appointed with more than one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies through many companies and find you cheaper rates. If premiums increase, an independent agent can move your coverage and you can keep the same agent.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, we highly recommend that you check rates from at a minimum one independent agency to maximize your price options.
The following is a small list of independent insurance agents in Austin that may be able to provide competitive price quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These type of agents have only one company to place business with and examples are State Farm, Allstate and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot place coverage with different providers so always compare other rates. They are usually well trained on their company’s products which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Austin who can help you get price quote information.
Jane McQuiggin-Hutson – State Farm Insurance Agent
2307 W Parmer Ln – Austin, TX 78727 – (512) 973-8501 – View Map
J B Ruebsahm – State Farm Insurance Agent
1901 W William Cannon Dr #131 – Austin, TX 78745 – (512) 444-1845 – View Map
Deciding on a auto insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just the price. Below are some questions you should ask.
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
If you feel you receive positive feedback to any questions you may have and an acceptable price quote, you may have found an insurance agent that is reputable and can properly insure your vehicles.
What insurance coverages do I need?
Always keep in mind that when comparing insurance from an agent or online for your vehicles, there really is not a cookie cutter policy. You are unique.
For instance, these questions can aid in determining if your insurance needs would benefit from professional advice.
- Which companies will insure high-risk drivers?
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- If I use my vehicle for business use is it covered?
- How do I file an SR-22 for a DUI in Texas?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form.
Persistence is the key to cheap rates
Consumers change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including high prices, unfair underwriting practices, policy cancellation or even being labeled a high risk driver. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, switching companies can be pretty painless.
In this article, we covered a lot of tips how to get a better price on Ford GT insurance in Austin. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the better your comparison will be. You may even discover the best prices are with a small mutual company.
When getting Austin car insurance quotes online, it’s very important that you do not sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are too many instances where drivers have reduced physical damage coverage and discovered at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your objective should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the best cost, but do not skimp to save money.