Do you need a better way to compare the cheapest Mercedes-Benz C350 insurance in Austin? Overwhelmed by the sheer number of car insurance choices that you can choose from? Vehicle owners have so many choices to choose from that it can easily become a real hassle to find better car insurance rates for Mercedes-Benz C350 insurance in Austin. Austin has many things to offer, but paying high car insurance rates can make it very difficult to maintain proper levels of coverage.
Unthinkable but true, nearly 70% of Texas drivers kept buying from the same company for at least four years, and about 40% of consumers have never compared rates with other companies. U.S. consumers can save approximately $850 each year, but most undervalue how much savings they would realize if they changed companies.
To find the best insurance prices, there are several ways of comparing rate quotes from different Austin insurance companies. The simplest method to find cheaper rates is to get quotes online.
When quoting insurance, remember that comparing more rates from different companies helps improve the odds of finding the best offered rates. Some insurance companies are not set up to provide online rate quotes, so you should also compare price quotes from the smaller companies as well.
The providers in the list below are ready to provide price quotes in Texas. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you visit two to three different companies in order to find the most affordable rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|C350 W 4-Dr Sedan||$404||$924||$462||$28||$138||$1,956||$163|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, claim-free, and homeowner. Premium costs do not factor in your specific Austin location which can affect coverage rates significantly.
Difference between full coverage and liability only rates
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Mercedes-Benz C350 insurance premiums with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. The premium estimates are based on no accidents or driving violations, $500 deductibles, single female driver, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Should you be buying full coverage?
There is no clear-cut formula to eliminate full coverage, but there is a broad guideline. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is 10% or more of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Mercedes-Benz C350 replacement cost is $3,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, you would only receive $2,000 after you pay the deductible. If you are paying in excess of $200 annually for full coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are some conditions where buying only liability insurance is not a good plan. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you must maintain physical damage coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not eliminate full coverage.
Insurance policy discounts you can’t miss
Companies don’t always advertise every discount in an easy-to-find place, so the following list contains a few of the more common as well as the least known ways to save on insurance.
- Early Switch Discount – Select companies give a discount for switching policies before your current coverage expires. It can save you around 10%.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle up before driving can save 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Driving fewer miles could qualify for lower prices on the low mileage vehicles.
- E-sign – Some companies will give you a small discount for buying your policy online.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars and trucks with anti-theft systems help deter theft so companies will give you a small discount.
- Military Discounts – Having a deployed family member could mean lower prices.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Factory air bags or automatic seat belts may get savings of up to 25% or more.
- New Car Discount – Adding a new car to your policy may earn a small discount compared to insuring an older model.
- Early Payment Discounts – By paying your policy upfront rather than paying monthly you can avoid monthly service charges.
- 55 and Retired – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you can possibly qualify for a small discount on rates.
One thing to note about discounts is that many deductions do not apply to the whole policy. Most only cut individual premiums such as comp or med pay. So when it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you’re out of luck.
A list of insurance companies and their possible discounts include:
- State Farm offers premium reductions for good student, passive restraint, multiple policy, defensive driving training, and student away at school.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including online quote discount, homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and good student.
- Travelers has savings for save driver, early quote, multi-policy, multi-car, payment discounts, and student away at school.
- American Family may have discounts that include early bird, mySafetyValet, accident-free, good student, good driver, TimeAway discount, and Steer into Savings.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts including hybrid vehicle, safety features, preferred payment discount, newly retired, good student, and new move discount.
Before buying, ask each company how many discounts you can get. A few discounts might not be offered in Austin.
Compare prices but work with a local Austin insurance agent
Many people still prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that is a personal choice. The best thing about comparing insurance prices online is you can get cheap insurance rates and still have an agent to talk to.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, your insurance data is submitted to companies in Austin that can give you free Austin car insurance quotes for your coverage. You won’t need to contact an agency as quotes are delivered to your email. You can find better rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you have a need to get a comparison quote for a specific company, feel free to go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
Finding the right insurer is decision based upon more than just the premium amount. Get answers to these questions too.
- Can you contact them at any time?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- How many years have they been established?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Austin?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
Six Tips to Get Cheap Austin Insurance Prices
It’s important that you understand the rating factors that are used to determine the level of your policy premiums. When consumers understand what controls the rates you pay, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that could help you find lower rates. Lots of factors are used when quoting car insurance. Some factors are common sense such as your driving history, although others are less obvious such as whether you are married or your commute time.
- Your spouse saves you money – Having a spouse may earn you lower rates when buying auto insurance. Having a spouse translates into being more stable financially and statistics show drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
- Responsible drivers have lower prices – Drivers with clean records pay lower auto insurance prices compared to drivers with tickets. Just one moving violation can boost insurance rates forty percent or more. Drivers who have serious violations such as DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding may find they need to complete a SR-22 to the state department of motor vehicles in order to legally drive.
- Teenage drivers are expensive to insure – Inexperience drivers are statistically proven to be more careless in a vehicle so auto insurance rates are higher. Adding a inexperienced driver onto your auto insurance can cause a big jump in price. Older insureds are viewed as being more responsible, cause fewer claims and accidents, and receive fewer citations.
- Where do you drive? – The higher the miles on your Mercedes-Benz annually the more you will pay for auto insurance. Almost all companies apply a rate based upon how much you drive. Cars left parked in the garage can get a lower rate as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. It’s a smart idea to ensure your auto insurance policy is rated on the correct usage, because improper ratings can cost you money. Incorrect rating for your C350 is just wasting money.
- Prices are affected by your address – Having an address in small towns and rural areas has definite advantages when shopping for auto insurance. Residents of big cities have more auto accidents and a longer drive to work. Fewer drivers and short commutes means reduced accidents.
- Do you really need roadside assistance? – Policies have extra bells and whistles that you can buy on your auto insurance policy. Things like replacement cost coverage, towing, and motor club memberships are some examples. They may seem good at first, but if you have no use for them remove them from your policy.
Why do I need car insurance?
Despite the potentially high cost of Mercedes-Benz C350 insurance, insuring your vehicle is a good idea for several reasons.
- Most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific level of liability coverage if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your C350, most lenders will require you to have full coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender will be forced to insure your Mercedes-Benz at a more expensive rate and make you pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards both your car and your assets. Insurance will pay for all forms of medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers legal expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially if you ever need it. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver overpays as much as $869 every year so compare rates at every renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Lower rates by being persistent
People switch companies for a number of reasons such as policy cancellation, delays in responding to claim requests, lack of trust in their agent and delays in paying claims. Whatever your reason, choosing a new company is not as hard as you think.
A few companies may not have online price quotes and many times these small, regional companies only sell coverage through independent insurance agents. Affordable Mercedes-Benz C350 insurance in Austin can be purchased both online as well as from insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
We just showed you a lot of tips how to reduce Mercedes-Benz C350 insurance premium rates online in Austin. It’s most important to understand that the more companies you get prices for, the better chance you’ll have of finding inexpensive Austin car insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the lowest priced insurance comes from the least-expected company.
Even more information is located in these articles:
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Austin Auto Insurance Rates for Uber Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for a Nissan Rogue in Austin? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a Dodge Ram in Austin? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Austin Auto Insurance Quotes for Active Military? (FAQ)
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)