Pretty sure you bought high-priced Mercedes-Benz E350 insurance in Austin? Believe me, you’re not the only one.
A recent car insurance study discovered that nearly 70% of drivers kept their coverage with the same car insurance company for over three years, and almost 40% of drivers have never compared rates with other companies. With the average car insurance premium being $2,679, Austin drivers could save themselves as much as $1,766 a year, but they won’t spend time to find cheap rates by getting comparison quotes. Companies like GEICO, Progressive and Allstate all claim big savings with fancy advertisements and consumers find it hard to avoid their marketing magic and find the best price available.
If you are insured now or just want to reduce your rates, take advantage of these tips to get lower rates while maximizing coverage. Buying the cheapest insurance in Austin is not rocket science. Shoppers just have to know the fastest way to compare price quotes instantly.
Cheaper Mercedes-Benz E350 insurance in Austin
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but you might already qualify for some discounts to help bring down the price. Most are applied at the time of purchase, but a few must be inquired about prior to receiving the credit.
- Auto/Life Discount – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a small discount if you purchase life insurance from them.
- Professional Organizations – Participating in qualifying employment or professional organizations could earn you a nice discount when getting a Austin car insurance quote.
- Paperwork-free – A handful of auto insurance companies will give a small break for buying your policy online.
- Senior Citizens – If you’re over the age of 55, you may be able to get better auto insurance rates.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can get savings of 25 to 30%.
- Federal Employees – Being employed by or retired from a federal job can earn a discount up to 10% depending on your auto insurance provider.
- Good Driver Discount – Accident-free drivers can save up to 40% or more on their Austin car insurance quote compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Payment Discounts – If you can afford to pay the entire bill as opposed to paying monthly you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Early Switch Discount – Some companies give discounts for switching companies prior to the expiration date on your current E350 insurance policy. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Waiver for an Accident – Not necessarily a discount, but a handful of insurance companies will forgive one accident without raising rates so long as you are claim-free for a certain period of time.
Remember that some credits don’t apply to the whole policy. Most cut individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So even though it sounds like you could get a free auto insurance policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business. But any discount will cut your premiums.
To view companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Texas, click here to view.
How much is Mercedes-Benz E350 insurance in Austin?
The car insurance companies shown below are ready to provide free rate quotes in Texas. If several companies are displayed, it’s highly recommended you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|E350 2-Dr Coupe||$360||$832||$330||$20||$98||$1,640||$137|
|E350 4-Dr Sedan||$286||$602||$264||$16||$80||$1,248||$104|
|E350 with 4-MATIC 4-Dr Sedan||$258||$522||$242||$14||$72||$1,108||$92|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, safe-driver, and claim-free. Prices do not factor in vehicle location which can decrease or increase premiums considerably.
Impact of age and gender on auto insurance rates
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Mercedes-Benz E350 yearly insurance costs for male and female drivers. The information is based on no accidents, no driving violations, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied.
The Mercedes-Benz E350 Insurance Cost Equation
Consumers need to have an understanding of the rating factors that come into play when calculating your policy premiums. When you understand what impacts premium levels, this enables you to make decisions that could result in cheaper rates.
The following are some of the items used by companies to determine premiums.
Single drivers take more risk – Getting married can get you a discount when buying car insurance. Having a spouse may mean you are more stable financially and it’s proven that drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
Insurance is expensive for teen drivers – Youthful drivers in Texas are statistically proven to get distracted easily when behind the wheel so car insurance rates are higher. Older people are more cautious drivers, cause fewer claims and accidents, and are generally more financially stable.
See if your company offers a multi-policy discount – Most larger insurers provide discounts for people who consolidate policies with them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can add up to five, ten or even twenty percent. Even with this discount, you still need to compare Mercedes-Benz E350 rates in Austin to help guarantee you have the best rates.
Traffic violations mean higher prices – Getting just one moving violation may cause rates to rise by as much as twenty percent. Drivers who don’t get tickets get better rates compared to drivers with tickets. Drivers with license-revoking violations such as reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may find that they have to to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state DMV in order to legally drive a vehicle.
Good credit saves on car insurance – A driver’s credit rating factor in determining what you pay for car insurance. If your credit history is lower than you’d like, you may save money insuring your Mercedes-Benz E350 by spending a little time repairing your credit. Insureds that have high credit ratings tend to be better risks to insure than those with lower credit scores.
There’s no such thing as the perfect insurance policy
When selecting proper insurance coverage, there really isn’t a “perfect” insurance plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s so your insurance should reflect that Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine if you might need professional guidance.
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my Mercedes-Benz E350?
- Do I need more liability coverage?
- What is the rate difference between pleasure use and commuting?
- Exactly who is provided coverage by my policy?
- Am I covered if I hit someone who is not insured?
- Do I have newly-aquired coverage?
- How can I get the company to pay a claim?
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in Texas?
- Is my Mercedes-Benz E350 covered for smoke damage?
- What policy terms are available?
If you can’t answer these questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can help protect your family.
Shop online but buy locally
Many drivers still like to visit with an insurance agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Good agents are highly skilled in risk management and give you someone to call. A nice benefit of comparing rate quotes online is that you can find cheap rate quotes and also buy local.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, your information is transmitted to companies in Austin who want to provide quotes to get your business. There is no need to search for any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered to you. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote for a specific company, don’t hesitate to visit that company’s website to submit a rate quote request.
Choosing the best insurer requires more thought than just a cheap price quote. Any good agent in Austin should know the answers to these questions.
- What companies can they write with?
- How long has their agency been in business in Austin?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Austin for you
If you want to use a reliable insurance agency, you should know the different agency structures and how they can service your needs differently. Agents in Austin are classified as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Either can properly insure your vehicles, but we need to point out the difference between them because it can impact your selection of an agent.
These agents write business for a single company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. They usually cannot shop your coverage around so it’s a take it or leave it situation. These agents are usually quite knowledgeable in insurance sales and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Austin that can give you price quote information.
Independent Insurance Agents
These type of agents are normally appointed by many insurers and that enables them to quote your coverage with an assortment of companies and find the cheapest rate. If premiums increase, an independent agent can move your coverage which requires no work on your part.
If you need lower rates, you will definitely want to contact at a minimum one independent agency so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
Below are Austin independent agencies willing to provide rate quotes.
Insurance just makes sense
Despite the potentially high cost of Mercedes-Benz E350 insurance, insuring your vehicle may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry specific minimum amounts of liability coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Mercedes-Benz has a loan, almost all lenders will stipulate that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the lender will be forced to insure your Mercedes-Benz at a much higher rate and force you to pay for it.
- Insurance protects both your Mercedes-Benz E350 and your assets. It also can pay for medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your Mercedes-Benz gets damaged, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your E350 are without a doubt worth the cost, especially if you ever need it. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver overpays as much as $820 a year so smart consumers compare quotes at every renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Persistence pays off
As you restructure your insurance plan, it’s a bad idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In too many instances, drivers have reduced liability coverage limits only to discover later that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your aim should be to buy enough coverage at the best possible price, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Budget-friendly insurance in Austin is attainable online as well as from independent agents in Austin, and you need to comparison shop both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance companies may not offer rate quotes online and usually these smaller companies only sell through local independent agents.
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota RAV4 in Austin? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for a Toyota 4Runner in Austin? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for College Students in Austin? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Austin Auto Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Silverado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Austin Auto Insurance Quotes for Active Military? (FAQ)
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)