Want cheaper Nissan Sentra insurance in Austin? Finding affordable Austin Nissan Sentra insurance quotes might seem rather difficult for drivers that are not comfortable with quoting and shopping for insurance on the internet. Since there are so many companies competing online, how can anyone have a chance to compare all the different companies and get lower auto insurance premiums?
Sad but true, nearly 70% of drivers kept buying from the same company for more than four years, and just short of a majority have never quoted rates to find cheaper coverage. Many consumers in Texas could save up to 70% a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they underestimate the big savings they would realize if they switched to a cheaper policy.
Quoting and buying the lowest-priced policy in Austin is not as time-consuming as you think. In a nutshell, every car owner who is required by state law to have auto insurance stands a good chance to be able to save money. But Texas vehicle owners need to have an understanding of how companies charge you for coverage because rates fluctuate considerably.
Most major insurance companies such as State Farm, Allstate and GEICO give prices for coverage on the web. Getting online quotes for Nissan Sentra insurance in Austin doesn’t take much effort as you simply type in your personal and coverage information into a form. Behind the scenes, their rating system makes automated requests for your credit score and driving record and returns a price based on these factors.
Getting online rate quotes for Nissan Sentra insurance in Austin makes it simple to compare prices and it’s necessary to compare as many rates as possible if you are searching for the most affordable possible premiums on auto insurance.
To compare rates now, check out the auto insurance providers below. To compare your current rates, we recommend you complete the form with deductibles and limits exactly as they are listed on your policy. Doing this guarantees you’re receiving comparison quotes based on identical coverages.
The companies shown below offer price comparisons in Austin, TX. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you get price quotes from several of them to get the most affordable price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Sentra 2.0 S||$122||$306||$358||$22||$108||$916||$76|
|Sentra 2.0 SR||$260||$642||$392||$24||$118||$1,436||$120|
|Sentra 2.0 SL||$140||$306||$358||$22||$108||$934||$78|
|Sentra SE-R SPEC V||$176||$414||$388||$24||$116||$1,118||$93|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, homeowner, and claim-free. Estimates do not factor in specific Austin garaging location which can raise or lower insurance rates noticeably.
Raise deductibles and save
The information below highlights how deductible selection and can increase or decrease Nissan Sentra insurance rates for each different age category. The premium estimates are based on a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Choosing the best Nissan vehicle insurance in Texas is an important decision
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Nissan Sentra in Austin, maintaining insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability protection in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Nissan Sentra, most lenders will force you to have comprehensive coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Nissan at a more expensive rate and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance protects both your assets and your car. It also can pay for medical bills that are the result of an accident. Liability coverage will also pay for a defense attorney in the event you are sued. If your Nissan gets damaged, your policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your Sentra outweigh the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. Today the average American driver is wasting up to $825 a year so it’s recommended you shop around each time the policy renews to ensure rates are inline.
Save money with these nine discounts on Nissan Sentra insurance in Austin
Car insurance can cost a lot, but there may be some discounts that you may not know about. Some of these discounts will be visible at the time of quoting, but a few must be asked about prior to getting the savings.
- College Student Discount – Kids who are attending college and leave their car at home can receive lower rates.
- Senior Citizens – If you’re over the age of 55, you are able to get a slight reduction on a Austin car insurance quote.
- Club Memberships – Belonging to specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations could trigger savings when getting a Austin car insurance quote.
- Student Driver Training – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them take driver’s ed class in school.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Putting car insurance coverage on a new Sentra is cheaper because new model year vehicles are generally safer.
- Data Collection Discounts – Drivers that enable driving data submission to track when and where they use their vehicle through the use of a telematics system like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot could save a few bucks if they are good drivers.
- Claim-Free Discount – Insureds with no claims or accidents pay much less when compared with drivers with a long claim history.
- Theft Prevention System – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles are less likely to be stolen and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Federal Employees – Active or former government employment can save as much as 8% with certain companies.
Drivers should understand that most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Despite the appearance that all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies don’t profit that way.
Large car insurance companies and some of the discounts include:
- State Farm offers premium reductions for multiple policy, Steer Clear safe driver discount, driver’s education, safe vehicle, multiple autos, and Drive Safe & Save.
- American Family may have discounts that include air bags, multi-vehicle, mySafetyValet, defensive driver, Steer into Savings, and good student.
- GEICO offers discounts including five-year accident-free, driver training, multi-policy, emergency military deployment, air bags, and seat belt use.
- 21st Century has savings for good student, automatic seat belts, theft prevention, homeowners, defensive driver, and student driver.
- Progressive includes discounts for online quote discount, multi-policy, online signing, multi-vehicle, and continuous coverage.
Double check with all companies you are considering which discounts you qualify for. Some discounts may not apply in Austin.
Buying from insurance agents
Some people just want to buy from a licensed agent and that is a personal choice. A nice benefit of comparing rate quotes online is that you can find cheap auto insurance rates and still have an agent to talk to. Supporting local agencies is important especially in Austin.
After completing this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is emailed to agents in your area that give free quotes to get your business. You don’t have to contact any agents due to the fact that quote results will go to the email address you provide. You can find better rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you want to compare prices from one company in particular, don’t hesitate to search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
If you want to buy auto insurance from a reputable agency, it helps to know the two types of agencies that you can choose from. Agents are classified as either exclusive or independent.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These type of agents do not sell for just one brand and that enables them to quote your coverage through lots of different companies depending on which coverage is best. To move your coverage to a new company, they can switch companies in-house which is easy for the insured. When comparing auto insurance prices, you will definitely want to contact several independent insurance agents in order to compare the most rates. They also have the ability to place coverage with companies you’ve never heard of which may have better rates.
Shown below is a small list of independent insurance agents in Austin that may be able to give you competitive price quotes.
- Independent Insurance Agents
1115 San Jacinto Blvd – Austin, TX 78701 – (512) 476-6281 – View Map
- Higginbotham/William Gammon Insurance
1221 S MoPac Expy – Austin, TX 78746 – (512) 477-6745 – View Map
- AmeriFirst Insurance Agency, LLC
8300 N Mopac Expy #105 – Austin, TX 78759 – (512) 524-8808 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These type of agents can only quote rates from one company and some examples include Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot shop your coverage around so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agencies are usually quite knowledgeable on the products they sell and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Consumers frequently buy from exclusive agents mostly because of high brand loyalty and strong financial ratings.
The following is a list of exclusive agents in Austin that are able to give price quotes.
- State Farm: Charlie Anderson
12710 Research Blvd #210 – Austin, TX 78759 – (512) 258-2231 – View Map
- John Kirk – State Farm Insurance Agent
11130 Jollyville Rd Ste 201 – Austin, TX 78759 – (512) 343-7758 – View Map
- Tony Reyes – State Farm Insurance Agent
9811 S IH 35 Frontage Rd #120 – Austin, TX 78744 – (512) 851-2539 – View Map
Choosing an car insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just the price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Austin?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Is there a local claims center in Austin?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
Coverages available on your car insurance policy
Understanding the coverages of your car insurance policy can help you determine appropriate coverage and proper limits and deductibles. The terms used in a policy can be confusing and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance – This gives you protection when other motorists either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered claims include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and damage to your Nissan Sentra.
Because many people only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (30/60/25), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is important protection for you and your family. Frequently these limits are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Insurance for medical payments – Med pay and PIP coverage pay for immediate expenses for things like surgery, pain medications, hospital visits, funeral costs and X-ray expenses. They are used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. They cover you and your occupants as well as any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not universally available but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision) – This coverage covers damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things like hitting a deer, vandalism, hitting a bird and damage from flooding. The highest amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Liability auto insurance – This will cover injuries or damage you cause to other people or property in an accident. It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. As an example, you may have values of 30/60/25 which stand for a limit of $30,000 per injured person, a limit of $60,000 in injury protection per accident, and property damage coverage for $25,000. Some companies may use a combined single limit or CSL which provides one coverage limit rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability coverage protects against things like bail bonds, medical expenses, court costs and loss of income. How much coverage you buy is your choice, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as large an amount as possible. Texas state minimum liability requirements are 30/60/25 but you should consider buying more liability than the minimum.
Collision – Collision coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision can pay for things such as colliding with another moving vehicle, hitting a mailbox, rolling your car, driving through your garage door and crashing into a building. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are older. You can also bump up the deductible on your Sentra to bring the cost down.
Cheaper insurance premiums are possible
As you prepare to switch companies, you should never skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many instances, an insured dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret at claim time they didn’t have enough coverage. Your goal should be to get the best coverage possible at the best price, not the least amount of coverage.
Consumers who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as denial of a claim, lack of trust in their agent, policy non-renewal and even high rates after DUI convictions. No matter why you want to switch, switching insurance companies can be easier than you think.
We’ve covered a lot of information how to compare Nissan Sentra insurance rates in Austin. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the higher your chance of finding inexpensive Austin car insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the most savings is with an unexpected company.
Much more information about insurance in Texas is available below:
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- How Much is Austin Car Insurance for Low Income Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for Handicapped Drivers in Austin? (FAQ)
- How Much are Austin Auto Insurance Rates for Teenage Females? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for a Ford Escape in Austin? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Austin Auto Insurance Quotes for Inexperienced Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Austin Car Insurance Quotes for High Risk Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Retired Military in Austin? (FAQ)
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)