There isn’t anyone who enjoys paying for car insurance, especially when they are aware that they could find lower prices if they just compared rates.
It’s amazing but nearly 70% of consumers kept their coverage with the same car insurance company for four years or more, and 38% of customers have never compared car insurance rates at all. The average driver in America can save hundreds of dollars each year by just shopping around, but they don’t know the large savings they would see if they changed companies. With so many insurance providers from which to choose, it can be diffult for drivers to locate the most affordable car insurance provider.
You should make it a habit to compare prices quite often because prices trend upward over time. Despite the fact that you may have had the best rates on Subaru Impreza insurance in Austin a few years ago there may be better deals available now. You can find a lot of misleading information regarding Impreza insurance out there, but in just a couple of minutes you can learn some proven techniques to lower your car insurance rates in Austin.
The method we recommend to compare rate quotes for Subaru Impreza insurance in Austin utilizes the fact almost all companies pay for the opportunity to compare their rates. All consumers are required to do is give them some information such as whether or not you need a SR-22, how much coverage you want, if you have an active license, and how much education you have. The rating information is then submitted to all major companies and you will get price comparisons immediately.
To start a rate quote now, click here and find out if lower rates are available in Austin.
The car insurance companies shown below are ready to provide price quotes in Texas. If the list has multiple companies, it’s a good idea that you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Impreza 2.5I 4WD Station Wagon||$318||$476||$388||$24||$116||$1,322||$110|
|Impreza 2.5I 4WD Station Wagon||$186||$280||$366||$22||$110||$964||$80|
|Impreza Outback Sport 4WD Station Wagon||$322||$682||$462||$28||$138||$1,632||$136|
|Impreza 2.5I AWD 4-Dr||$234||$312||$500||$30||$150||$1,226||$102|
|Impreza 2.5I Premium Package AWD 4-Dr||$318||$684||$400||$24||$120||$1,546||$129|
|Impreza WRX 4WD Station Wagon||$256||$486||$358||$22||$108||$1,230||$103|
|Impreza 2.5 GT 4WD Station Wagon||$318||$572||$400||$24||$120||$1,434||$120|
|Impreza WRX AWD 4-Dr||$470||$804||$500||$30||$150||$1,954||$163|
|Impreza 2.5I GT AWD 4-Dr||$318||$660||$400||$24||$120||$1,522||$127|
|Impreza WRX STI 4WD Station Wagon||$470||$804||$500||$30||$150||$1,954||$163|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, multi-policy, and homeowner. Table data does not factor in specific Austin garaging location which can influence coverage prices noticeably.
Illustration showing the impact of accidents and violations
The information below demonstrates how speeding tickets and at-fault claims can influence Subaru Impreza insurance rates for each age group. The prices are based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Rate difference between full and liability-only coverage
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Subaru Impreza insurance rates with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying the minimum liability limits required in Texas. The data assumes no claims or violations, $100 deductibles, married female driver, and no other discounts are factored in.
When to drop comp and collision
There is no set rule to delete full coverage on your policy, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of coverage is more than 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Subaru Impreza replacement value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, you would only receive $7,000 after the deductible is paid. If premium cost is more than $700 annually for your policy with full coverage, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
There are some circumstances where eliminating full coverage is not recommended. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you must maintain physical damage coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not buy liability only.
Car insurance discounts help lower rates for Subaru Impreza insurance in Austin
Some insurers don’t list all available discounts very clearly, so here is a list some of the more common and also the lesser-known credits available to you. If you don’t get every credit possible, you could be paying more than you need to.
- New Vehicle Savings – Insuring a new Impreza can save you some money because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Clubs and Organizations – Belonging to a civic or occupational organization in Austin could earn you a nice discount when getting a Austin auto insurance quote.
- Policy Bundle Discount – When you have multiple policies with the same insurance company you could get a discount of up to 20% and get you cheap Impreza insurance.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Driving less may enable drivers to earn lower premium rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Home Ownership Discount – Just being a homeowner can get you a discount since home ownership requires personal responsibility.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Not all car insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a discount if you purchase a life policy as well.
- Student Discounts – Being a good student could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. Most companies allow this discount well after school through age 25.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Options like air bags can get savings of 20% or more.
You can save money using discounts, but some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. Most cut specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. Despite the appearance that it’s possible to get free car insurance, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
Larger car insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are outlined below.
- State Farm offers discounts for passive restraint, accident-free, good driver, anti-theft, and good student.
- Esurance may have discounts that include claim free, Pac-12 alumni, anti-theft, good student, and good driver.
- Progressive may include discounts for good student, online quote discount, multi-policy, homeowner, and multi-vehicle.
- Liberty Mutual policyholders can earn discounts including new vehicle discount, new graduate, preferred payment discount, safety features, multi-policy, new move discount, and hybrid vehicle.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers discounts including group or association, multiple vehicles, good student, paperless, air bags, company car, and teen driver.
- GEICO discounts include emergency military deployment, military active duty, anti-theft, multi-policy, and driver training.
If you want affordable Subaru Impreza insurance quotes, ask every insurance company to give you their best rates. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not apply in your area. To view insurance companies that offer many of these discounts in Austin, click here to view.
How to Lower Your Insurance Rates
Many factors are taken into consideration when quoting car insurance. A few of the factors are predictable like a motor vehicle report, but other criteria are more obscure like your continuous coverage or how safe your car is. A large part of saving on car insurance is knowing the different types of things that are used to determine the level of your policy premiums. When consumers understand what determines premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that may reward you with much lower annual insurance costs.
Marriage equates to better premiums – Being married helps lower the price on your car insurance bill. It is viewed as being more financially stable and statistics prove married drivers get in fewer accidents.
Vehicles with better crash test results means lower prices – Safe vehicles cost less to insure. The safest vehicles reduce injuries and any reduction in injury severity translates directly to fewer claims passed on to you as lower rates.
Keep car insurance rates low by being claim-free – If you are a frequent claim filer, you shouldn’t be surprised to get either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Insurance companies in Texas award most affordable rates to policyholders who file claims infrequently. Insurance coverage is intended for larger claims.
Poor credit can mean higher prices – Credit rating is a large factor in determining your rates. If your credit rating leaves room for improvement, you may save money insuring your Subaru Impreza by improving your rating. Drivers with high credit scores tend to be more responsible than drivers with worse credit.
Car insurance rates and age – Mature drivers are shown to be more cautious, tend to cause fewer accidents, and get fewer tickets.Teen drivers tend to be more careless with other occupants in the car so car insurance rates are higher.
High performance vehicles cost more to insure – The make and model of the vehicle you own makes a big difference in how high your rates are. The lowest rates are for small economy passenger cars, but other factors influence the final cost greatly. Because the Subaru Impreza is a sport coupe, insurance will be much more than the average rate where you live in Austin.
City traffic equals higher costs – Residing in small towns and rural areas has definite advantages when shopping for auto insurance. Residents of big cities tend to have more auto accidents and higher rates of accident claims. Fewer drivers on the road means a lower chance of having an accident and lower theft and vandalism rates.
Your occupation and car insurance rates – Jobs such as fire fighters, architects and stock brokers have the highest average rates because of intense work situations and long work days. Conversely, careers like actors, students and homemakers generally pay rates lower than average.
Loss probability for a Subaru Impreza – Insurance companies use claims history to help calculate premium rates. Models that the statistics show to have higher losses will have a higher cost to insure. The table below shows the collected loss data for Subaru Impreza vehicles.
For each coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is a value of 100. Percentages below 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while percentage values above 100 show a trend for more claims or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
Subaru Impreza Insurance Loss Statistics
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Subaru Impreza 4WD||96||80||110||79||78||81|
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Independent versus exclusive car insurance agents
Many drivers still prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that is OK! Good agents can make sure you are properly covered and help submit paperwork. One of the best bonuses of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that you can find cheaper premium rates and still have a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to participating agents in Austin that provide free Austin auto insurance quotes for your car insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to contact any agents since price quotes are sent immediately to your email address. If you want to get a price quote from a specific car insurance provider, just jump over to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Choosing an provider is decision based upon more than just a low price. Any agent in Austin should be willing to answer these questions.
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- How long have they been in business?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
Everyone needs different insurance coverages
When it comes to buying coverage, there really is no cookie cutter policy. Your needs are unique to you and your insurance should be unique as well.
These are some specific questions could help you determine whether or not you will benefit from professional help.
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Where can I find DUI or SR-22 insurance?
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in Texas?
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- Is a blown tire covered by insurance?
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Am I covered by my employer’s commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
- When should I have rental car coverage?
- When can I cancel my policy?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It’s fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Quote more and you will save more
Budget-conscious Subaru Impreza insurance is definitely available from both online companies and with local Austin insurance agents, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance companies do not provide rates over the internet and these regional insurance providers work with independent insurance agencies.
In this article, we presented many ways to shop for Subaru Impreza insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Austin auto insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the biggest savings come from the smaller companies. Some small companies may cover specific market segments cheaper as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
For more information, feel free to browse these articles:
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for a Ford Escape in Austin? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a Jeep Wrangler in Austin? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Austin Car Insurance for a Toyota Tacoma? (FAQ)
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)