Searching for better insurance prices for a Volkswagen Eos in Texas could be a painful process, but you can learn a few tricks and make it easy.
There are both good and bad ways to find insurance online so we’re going to tell you the quickest way to get price quotes for a new or used Volkswagen and obtain the cheapest rates either online or from Austin insurance agents.
It is always a good idea to compare premium rates before your policy renews because insurance prices are usually higher with each renewal. Just because you found the lowest rate on Volkswagen Eos insurance in Austin at your last renewal you will most likely find a better premium rate today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about insurance because we’re going to demonstrate the best way to find better coverage on Volkswagen Eos insurance in Austin at a better price.
Comparing quotes for the lowest-priced car insurance policy in Austin is easy to do. If you already have coverage or just want cheaper coverage, you can use this information to shop for the lowest rates while maintaining coverages. Smart shoppers just have to learn the most efficient way to find the lowest price from many different companies online.
The quickest method to compare rate quotes for Volkswagen Eos insurance in Austin is to realize auto insurance companies provide online access to compare their rates. All you need to do is provide information including any included safety features, whether you drive to work or school, if you went to college, and the make and model of your vehicles. That rating data is sent automatically to insurance companies and you will receive price estimates with very little delay.
To check rates for your Volkswagen Eos now, click here and find out if you can get cheaper insurance in Austin.
The companies shown below are ready to provide quotes in Austin, TX. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|EOS Komfort Turbo 2-Dr Convertible||$228||$452||$514||$30||$154||$1,378||$115|
|EOS Luxury Turbo 2-Dr Convertible||$318||$660||$496||$30||$148||$1,652||$138|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Rate information does not factor in vehicle garaging location which can revise insurance rates greatly.
How high should deductibles be?
The example below highlights how deductible selection and can impact Volkswagen Eos annual premium costs for different age categories. The costs are based on a single female driver, full coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Rate difference between full and liability-only coverage
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Volkswagen Eos auto insurance costs with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. The premium estimates are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, single male driver, and no policy discounts are applied.
When to eliminate full coverage
There is no set rule that is best for determining when to drop comp and collision coverage, but there is a broad guideline. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is about 10% or more of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s say your Volkswagen Eos claim settlement value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most your company will settle for is $3,000 after paying your policy deductible. If you are currently paying more than $300 a year for full coverage, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
There are a few cases where only buying liability is not advised. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to maintain full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest in the vehicle. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
Cheaper Austin car insurance quotes with discounts
Car insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but you might find some hidden discounts to help offset the cost. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at the time you complete a quote, but occasionally some discounts must be requested specifically before you get the savings.
- Theft Deterrent – Cars and trucks equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems help deter theft and will save you 10% or more on Eos insurance in Austin.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Some larger companies provide a discount for switching policies prior to the expiration date on your current Eos insurance policy. It can save you around 10%.
- Driver Training Discounts – Participating in a safe driver course could earn you a small percentage discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Multiple Vehicles – Purchasing coverage when you have multiple cars on a single policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Save over 55 – If you’re over the age of 55, you could receive a small decrease in premiums.
- Good Grades Discount – Performing well in school could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. Earning this discount can benefit you up until you turn 25.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning your own home or condo may earn you a small savings because of the fact that having a home requires personal responsibility.
- Online Discount – A handful of companies give back up to $50 get Austin car insurance on the web.
- No Charge for an Accident – Not necessarily a discount, but some companies like Progressive, Allstate, and Liberty Mutual will let one accident slide before they charge you more for coverage if your claims history is clear prior to the accident.
- Clubs and Organizations – Affiliation with qualifying employment or professional organizations could trigger savings on your next car insurance statement.
Policy discounts save money, but most credits do not apply to the whole policy. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Just because it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
The best car insurance companies and some of the discounts can be read below.
- Progressive may offer discounts for good student, homeowner, multi-policy, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, online signing, and continuous coverage.
- The Hartford offers discounts including anti-theft, bundle, defensive driver, driver training, and air bag.
- Mercury Insurance may include discounts for good driver, anti-theft, location of vehicle, age of vehicle, and type of vehicle.
- GEICO offers discounts for multi-policy, military active duty, good student, membership and employees, federal employee, daytime running lights, and seat belt use.
- AAA discounts include pay-in-full, good student, education and occupation, AAA membership discount, multi-car, multi-policy, and anti-theft.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including defensive driving training, Drive Safe & Save, multiple policy, safe vehicle, and passive restraint.
Before purchasing a policy, check with each insurance company which discounts can lower your rates. Some discounts might not be available to policyholders everywhere. If you would like to see a list of companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Austin, follow this link.
How do Insurers Determine Volkswagen Eos Insurance Prices?
When buying car insurance it’s important to understand a few of the rating criteria that go into determining the price you pay for car insurance. When you understand what determines premiums, this enables you to make decisions that could help you find cheaper rates. Lots of things are part of the calculation when premium rates are determined. Some factors are common sense such as traffic violations, although some other factors are not as apparent like where you live or your financial responsibility.
Do you have enough liability insurance? – Liability insurance is the protection if you are determined to be liable for physical damage or personal injury to other. Liability provides legal defense starting from day one. It is affordable coverage as compared to coverage for physical damage, so do not skimp.
Does insurance cost more for guys? – Statistics have proven women tend to be less risk to insure than men. However, don’t assume that women are BETTER drivers than men. Females and males tend to get into auto accidents at a similar rate, but guys have costlier accidents. Not only that, but men also get more serious tickets like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving.
Accidents can increase costs – Whether or not you get tickets has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Having a single moving violation could increase your next policy renewal twenty percent or more. Drivers with clean records get better rates as compared to careless drivers. Drivers unfortunate enough to have license-revoking tickets like DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding are required to submit a SR-22 form with the DMV in their state in order to legally drive.
Keep prices low by being claim-free – Companies in Texas award most affordable rates to insureds who are not frequent claim filers. If you frequently file small claims, you can expect higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Insurance coverage is meant to be used in the event of claims that pose a financial burden.
Fast cars cost more to insure – The performance of the car or truck you are insuring makes a huge difference in how high your rates are. Since the Volkswagen Eos is classified as a compact car, insuring your vehicle will cost the same to a little lower as compared to the average rate in Austin. The lowest performance passenger models generally have the cheapest insurance rates, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
Volkswagen Eos insurance loss statistics – Companies use data from past claims to calculate a rate that will offset losses. Models that the data determines to have higher losses will cost more for specific coverages.
The table below shows the historical insurance loss data for Volkswagen Eos vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles compiled together is equal to 100. Numbers below 100 indicate better than average losses, while numbers above 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or tendency to have higher losses.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Volkswagen Eos Vehicles
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Volkswagen Eos Convertible||88||77||78||76|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Comparing rates from local Austin car insurance agents
Many people just want to buy from a licensed agent and that is a personal choice. Good agents can help you build your policy and will help you if you have claims. The best thing about comparing insurance prices online is you can get the lowest rates and still choose a local agent. Putting coverage with local agents is important particularly in Austin.
Once you complete this simple form, your insurance data is immediately sent to participating agents in Austin who will return price quotes to get your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to drive around because prices are sent immediately to your email address. If you need to get a price quote from a particular provider, you can always go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Choosing an company should depend on more than just a cheap price quote. The following questions are important to ask.
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- If they are an independent agency in Austin, which companies do they recommend?
- How many companies do they write for?
- Which family members are covered?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
It’s not one size fits all
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing coverage, there isn’t really a “best” method to buy coverage. Your situation is unique.
For example, these questions may help highlight if you would benefit from professional advice.
- Am I covered if I break a side mirror?
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
- Am I covered if I hit my neighbor’s mailbox?
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Which companies are cheaper for teen drivers?
- Is my teenager covered with friends in the car?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.
In the end, you can save money
Some insurance providers don’t offer rates over the internet and usually these regional carriers work with local independent agencies. Budget-conscious Volkswagen Eos insurance can be purchased online and from local agencies, so you should compare both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
You just read some good ideas how to get a better price on Volkswagen Eos insurance in Austin. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may even discover the best prices are with some of the smallest insurance companies.
As you shop your coverage around, it’s not a good idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are too many instances where drivers have reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your aim should be to get the best coverage possible for the lowest cost, not the least amount of coverage.
Additional detailed information is located in the articles below:
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- Who Has Cheap Austin Car Insurance Rates for Uninsured Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a Subaru Forester in Austin? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Austin Car Insurance for a Toyota Tacoma? (FAQ)
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)