Want to save money and find cheaper auto insurance rates in Austin, TX? Austin shoppers have options when shopping for affordable Lexus GS 200t insurance. They can either waste time contacting agents to get rate comparisons or leverage the internet to get rate quotes.
There is a right way and a wrong way to buy auto insurance and we’ll show you the quickest way to get price quotes for a Lexus and get the best price possible.
If you’re already insured or need new coverage, you will benefit by learning to cut your premiums and possibly find even better coverage. Our objective in writing this article is to instruct you on how car insurance companies work and how to save the most money. Drivers just have to understand the most time-saving way to compare insurance rates online.
The companies shown below offer price comparisons in Austin, TX. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Protect more than your GS 200t
Even though it can be expensive, car insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
First, the majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability insurance if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you took out a loan on your car, more than likely the lender will stipulate that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may buy a policy for your Lexus for a much higher rate and make you pay for it.
Third, car insurance protects not only your Lexus but also your financial assets. Insurance will pay for medical bills for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers legal expenses in the event you are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance outweigh the cost, especially if you ever need it. As of last year, the average driver in Texas overpays more than $850 per year so we recommend shopping around each time the policy renews to save money.
What Determines Lexus GS 200t Insurance Prices?
When buying auto insurance it’s important to understand a few of the rating criteria that are used to determine your auto insurance rates. If you understand what controls the rates you pay, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that may reward you with big savings. Lots of factors are part of the calculation when quoting car insurance. A few of the factors are predictable like an MVR report, but other criteria are more obscure like your continuous coverage or how safe your car is.
- Cautious drivers pay lower prices – Even one speeding ticket or other violation can bump up the cost by as much as thirty percent. Careful drivers receive lower rates compared to bad drivers. Drivers who have severe violations such as reckless driving or DUI may find they need to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
- High credit saves on auto insurance – Having a good credit score is a large factor in determining premium rates. Therefore, if your credit is low, you may save money insuring your Lexus GS 200t by repairing your credit. Drivers with good credit tend to file fewer claims than those with lower ratings.
- Save money by eliminating incidental coverages – There are a ton of extra bells and whistles that sound like a good idea at the time if you aren’t careful. Insurance for personal injury protection, better glass coverage, and term life insurance are examples of these. These coverages may sound good initially, but if you have no use for them eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- More miles equals more premium – The more miles you rack up on your Lexus every year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Many insurance companies price each vehicle’s coverage based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars not used for work or commuting can get a lower rate than those that get driven frequently. Make sure your auto insurance declarations sheet correctly shows how each vehicle is driven. Having the wrong rating on your GS 200t can cost quite a bit.
- Vehicle features that cut rates – Selecting a car model with a theft deterrent system can help bring down rates. Systems that thwart thieves like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system all help stop vehicle theft.
- Insurance is expensive for teen drivers – More experienced drivers are viewed as being more responsible, file fewer claims, and are generally more financially stable.Teenage drivers are known to be easily distracted in a vehicle therefore auto insurance rates are much higher.
- Raise coverage deductibles and save – Deductibles for physical damage define how much you are required to pay if a covered claim is submitted. Protection for physical damage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, insures against damage to your car. Some coverage claims are collision with another vehicle, damage caused by hail, or theft of your vehicle. The more money the insured has to pay upfront, the better rate you will receive.
You may qualify for discounts for Lexus GS 200t insurance in Austin
Car insurance companies do not advertise every policy discount very clearly, so the list below contains a few of the more common and also the more inconspicuous credits that you can use to lower your rates. If they aren’t giving you every credit available, you are just wasting money.
- ABS Brakes – Vehicles that have steering control and anti-lock brakes have fewer accidents and will save you 10% or more on GS 200t insurance in Austin.
- Use Seat Belts – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts can save a little off the personal injury premium cost.
- Club Memberships – Affiliation with qualifying clubs or civic groups could qualify you for a break on your policy.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you can combine your auto and homeowners policy with one company you could earn a discount of over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Driver Training Discounts – Taking time to complete a course in safe driver is a good idea and can lower rates if you qualify.
- Buy New and Save – Putting insurance coverage on a new GS 200t can be considerably cheaper since newer vehicles are generally safer.
- Drive Less and Save – Keeping the miles down on your Lexus could earn better rates on cars that stay parked.
- Full Payment Discount – By paying your entire bill at once instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Having multiple cars with the same insurance company can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are stolen with less frequency and that can save you a little bit as well.
As a sidenote, some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. If you do the math and it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, insurance companies aren’t that generous.
A few of the larger companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are outlined below.
- State Farm discounts include passive restraint, Steer Clear safe driver discount, driver’s education, anti-theft, safe vehicle, and Drive Safe & Save.
- Farmers Insurance offers premium reductions for distant student, alternative fuel, early shopping, switch companies, bundle discounts, and mature driver.
- Progressive offers discounts for multi-vehicle, good student, online signing, continuous coverage, and multi-policy.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including five-year accident-free, membership and employees, military active duty, good student, emergency military deployment, driver training, and daytime running lights.
- Auto-Owners Insurance has savings for paid in full, multi-policy, group or association, safe vehicle, and safe driver.
- The Hartford offers discounts including bundle, vehicle fuel type, driver training, defensive driver, and air bag.
- Farm Bureau may offer discounts for good student, youthful driver, safe driver, multi-vehicle, and driver training.
- USAA includes discounts for annual mileage, good student, safe driver, family discount, driver training, and multi-vehicle.
When comparing rates, check with every company what discounts are available to you. Savings might not be offered on policies in Austin. If you would like to view insurers with the best Lexus GS 200t insurance discounts in Austin, click here to view.
When do I need to get advice from an insurance agent?
A small number of people prefer to sit down with an agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Most agents can help you choose the best coverages and help in the event of a claim. One of the benefits of getting online price quotes is that you can find cheap insurance quotes but also keep your business local. Supporting neighborhood agents is especially important in Austin.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, your information is sent to agents in your area that can provide free Austin car insurance quotes for your coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to search for an agent due to the fact that quote results will go directly to your email. In the event you want to compare prices from a specific insurance provider, you can always visit that company’s website and submit a quote form there.
Different types of auto insurance agents in Austin
If you are wanting to find an insurance agent, it’s important to understand the different types of agents from which to choose. Insurance agents in Austin are classified as either exclusive or independent. Either one can sell and service insurance coverage, but it’s good to learn the difference in the companies they write for because it can factor into which agent you choose.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel are not limited to a single company so as a result can place your coverage amongst many companies and get the cheapest rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, your agent can just switch to a different company and you don’t have to find a new agent.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, it’s recommended you get some free quotes from multiple independent agents in order to compare the most rates. Most can insure with companies you’ve never heard of that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Listed below is a small list of independent insurance agents in Austin that may be able to give you pricing information.
- Higginbotham/William Gammon Insurance
1221 S MoPac Expy – Austin, TX 78746 – (512) 477-6745 – View Map
- EZ Insurance Agency – North
7600 N Lamar Blvd # E – Austin, TX 78752 – (512) 445-2700 – View Map
- Dean Davis Insurance Agency
7950 Anderson Square Suite 101 – Austin, TX 78757 – (512) 454-4511 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These type of agents are contracted to one company like State Farm, Allstate and AAA. They generally cannot give you multiple price quotes so it’s a take it or leave it situation. They are usually well trained on sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Consumers sometimes buy from the same agent for years mostly because of the brand and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
The following is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Austin willing to provide rate quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Homero Escobar
730 W Stassney Ln Ste 230 – Austin, TX 78745 – (512) 443-9598 – View Map
- Richard Munoz – State Farm Insurance Agent
5446 W US Hwy 290 Service Rd #104 – Austin, TX 78735 – (512) 892-3527 – View Map
- Bob Jennings – State Farm Insurance Agent
4405 Pack Saddle Pass – Austin, TX 78745 – (512) 444-9671 – View Map
Picking the best insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price quote. The following questions are important to ask.
- Who are their largest clients?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Austin?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- If they are an independent agency in Austin, which companies do they recommend?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
After you get reasonable responses to any questions you may have as well as offering an affordable quote, most likely you have located an insurance agency that meets the requirements to adequately provide insurance.
What is YOUR best insurance company?
As you restructure your insurance plan, make sure you don’t reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are too many instances where an accident victim reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The ultimate goal is to find the BEST coverage at the best possible price, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
People change insurance companies for any number of reasons including policy non-renewal, lack of trust in their agent, high prices and even denial of a claim. Regardless of your reason, switching companies is less work than it seems.
There are still a few companies who do not offer online rate quotes and most of the time these smaller companies provide coverage only through independent agents. Lower-priced insurance in Austin can be found on the web and also from your neighborhood Austin agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best rate selection.
More information can be found at the links below
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Company Car in Austin? (FAQ)
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)
- Pickups fall short in headlight tests (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)