No one in their right mind likes paying for insurance, especially knowing they could get a better deal.
A recent insurance study revealed that most insurance policyholders kept buying from the same company for at least the last four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never compared rates with other companies. Austin drivers could save themselves roughly $1,800 a year just by comparing rates, but they don’t believe the amount of savings they would get if they changed companies.
You have multiple auto insurance companies to purchase coverage from, and although it’s nice to have multiple companies, it makes it harder to adequately compare rates for Lexus RC 200t insurance in Austin.
Free Austin Lexus RC 200t insurance price quotes
To find more affordable prices, there are a couple of ways to get quotes from different companies. The best way to compare insurance prices is to use the internet to compare rates.
It’s so simple to compare insurance rates online makes it obsolete to spend your day driving to each insurance agency near you. The ability to buy insurance online reduces the need to sit down with an agent unless your situation requires the professional abilities that can only be provided by a licensed insurance agent. You can, however, comparison shop online and have a local agent actually service the policy. Just keep in mind that quoting more helps improve the odds of finding a lower rate than you’re paying now. Some smaller insurers do not give online Austin RC 200t insurance quotes, so you need to compare rates from the smaller companies as well.
The car insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Texas. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you click on several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
Get cheaper Lexus RC 200t insurance in Austin with discounts
Car insurance is not cheap, but there’s a good chance there are discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Most are applied at the time you complete a quote, but less common discounts must be specially asked for prior to receiving the credit.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers without accidents could pay up to 40% less as compared to drivers with claims.
- Good Student – Maintaining excellent grades may save as much as 25% on a Austin auto insurance quote. You can use this discount normally well after school through age 25.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Cars that have air bags or automatic seat belts could see savings of up to 25% or more.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Buying a policy with more than one vehicle on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Government Employees – Being employed by or retired from a federal job could qualify for a slight premium decrease with certain companies.
- Low Miles Discount – Driving fewer miles could earn cheaper auto insurance rates.
- College Student – Older children who live away from home at college and don’t have a car may be able to be covered for less.
- Data Collection Discounts – Policyholders that allow driving data collection to analyze driving manner by installing a telematics device such as State Farm’s In-Drive may get a rate reduction if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Student Driver Training – Have your child complete a driver education course if offered at their school.
We need to note that most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Even though it may seem like you can get free auto insurance, companies don’t profit that way.
If you would like to view providers that offer the discounts shown above in Austin, click here.
What if I want to buy from local Austin car insurance agents?
A lot of people still like to get professional advice from a licensed agent and we recommend doing that The best thing about getting free rate quotes online is you may find better rates and still have an agent to talk to.
After completing this form (opens in new window), the quote information is transmitted to agents in your area that provide free Austin auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You never need to contact any agents because prices are sent immediately to your email address. You can find better rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance provider, you can always navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Picking an provider requires more thought than just the quoted price. Agents should be asked these questions:
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- Are they full-time agents?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
Different types of auto insurance agents in Austin
If you are wanting to purchase insurance from an insurance agent, there are a couple of types of insurance agents and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Agents in Austin are categorized either independent or exclusive.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents work for only one company like Allstate and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot give you multiple price quotes so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. These agents are very knowledgeable on their company’s products and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
The following is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Austin willing to provide price quote information.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agencies are not employed by any specific company and that allows them to write policies amongst many companies and find you the best rates. If prices rise, your policy is moved internally and you don’t have to do anything. If you need cheaper insurance rates, you will definitely want to contact at least one independent agent to have the most options to choose from.
Below are independent insurance agencies in Austin who can help you get price quotes.
Upon receiving good answers to any questions you may have as well as offering an affordable quote, you may have found an insurance agency that is a good match to insure your vehicles.
Auto insurance just makes sense
Even though Austin RC 200t insurance rates can get expensive, insuring your vehicle is mandatory in Texas but it also protects more than you think.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability insurance in order to drive the car. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your RC 200t, more than likely the lender will require you to have insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If the policy lapses, the lender will be forced to insure your Lexus at a more expensive rate and require you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance preserves both your car and your personal assets. It will also reimburse you for most medical and hospital costs incurred in an accident. Liability insurance also pays expenses related to your legal defense if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your Lexus gets damaged, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of buying auto insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly when you have a large claim. The average driver in Texas is wasting up to $820 a year so smart consumers compare quotes once a year at a minimum to make sure the price is not too high.
The coverage is in the details
Having a good grasp of your policy can be of help when determining which coverages you need and proper limits and deductibles. Car insurance terms can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement. Shown next are the usual coverages found on the average car insurance policy.
Comprehensive insurance covers damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first have to pay a deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things like hitting a deer, rock chips in glass and falling objects. The most your car insurance company will pay is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider dropping full coverage.
Coverage for medical payments
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP pay for bills such as nursing services, prosthetic devices and ambulance fees. The coverages can be used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if you are not covered by health insurance. It covers you and your occupants as well as any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available and may carry a deductible
Uninsured and underinsured coverage
This protects you and your vehicle from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include medical payments for you and your occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since many Texas drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (30/60/25), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is a good idea.
Liability insurance protects you from injuries or damage you cause to other’s property or people in an accident. It protects you against other people’s claims, and doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. As an example, you may have values of 30/60/25 which stand for a limit of $30,000 per injured person, a total of $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and property damage coverage for $25,000.
Liability insurance covers things such as court costs, loss of income, bail bonds, funeral expenses and legal defense fees. How much coverage you buy is a personal decision, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as high a limit as you can afford. Texas requires minimum liability limits of 30/60/25 but it’s recommended drivers buy higher limits.
Auto collision coverage
Collision insurance covers damage to your RC 200t resulting from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You first must pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage protects against claims like backing into a parked car, driving through your garage door and colliding with another moving vehicle. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider dropping it from older vehicles. You can also increase the deductible on your RC 200t in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Cover all your bases
As you prepare to switch companies, make sure you don’t reduce needed coverages to save money. There are too many instances where someone dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits only to find out that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your focus should be to buy enough coverage at the best cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
Some companies do not offer online quoting and usually these regional insurance providers only sell coverage through independent insurance agents. The cheapest Lexus RC 200t insurance in Austin is definitely available on the web as well as from independent agents in Austin, and you need to price shop both so you have a total pricing picture.
Additional auto insurance information is available at the links below
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Austin Car Insurance Rates for a Hyundai Elantra? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Immigrants in Austin? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a Subaru Forester in Austin? (FAQ)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)