Are you trying to find lower-priced Lincoln LS insurance in Austin? Locating cheap Austin Lincoln LS insurance quotes online can seem to be rather difficult for drivers not familiar with online price comparisons. With so many insurers to choose from, how can drivers have the ability to compare all the different companies and get better prices?
A recent survey discovered that most consumers renewed their policy with the same company for more than four years, and almost 40% of drivers have never compared rates from other carriers. Many drivers in Texas could pocket approximately 70% a year just by shopping around, but they underestimate the amount of savings they would get if they switched to a more affordable policy.
Locating the best rates in Austin can be easy if you know a few tricks. If you have insurance now, you should be able to reduce premiums using the ideas presented in this article. But Texas vehicle owners benefit from understanding the methods companies use to calculate your insurance rates and use it to your advantage.
Affordable auto insurance in Austin, TX
The auto insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in Austin, TX. If multiple companies are listed, it’s a good idea that you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Discounts mean cheaper rates for Lincoln LS insurance in Austin
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always advertise every possible discount very well, so the list below contains some of the best known in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts that you may qualify for.
- Multi-policy Discount – When you combine your auto and homeowners insurance with the same insurance company you may earn up to 20% and get you inexpensive Lincoln LS insurance in Austin.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Keeping the miles down on your Lincoln could be rewarded with cheaper prices.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can pay as much as 50% less as compared to drivers with claims.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and will qualify for a discount on a Austin car insurance quote.
- Good Grades Discount – Excelling in school can earn a discount of 20% or more. Many companies even apply the discount to college students until age 25.
- Waiver for an Accident – This one is not really a discount per se, but certain companies will allow you to have one accident before hitting you with a surcharge if your claims history is clear for a specific time period.
- Government Employee Discount – Employees or retirees of the government could provide a small rate reduction but check with your company.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you pay your bill all at once rather than spreading payments over time you could save up to 5%.
Discounts save money, but please remember that many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Just because you may think you could get a free car insurance policy, nobody gets a free ride.
A list of car insurance companies and a selection of discounts can be found below.
- GEICO has savings for air bags, membership and employees, daytime running lights, multi-vehicle, military active duty, and five-year accident-free.
- Mercury Insurance may offer discounts for low natural disaster claims, multi-policy, annual mileage, anti-theft, multi-car, accident-free, and professional/association.
- Farmers Insurance may include discounts for homeowner, bundle discounts, distant student, alternative fuel, switch companies, and teen driver.
- Auto-Owners Insurance includes discounts for teen driver, company car, safe vehicle, good student, and anti-lock brakes.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts including safety features, multi-policy, teen driver discount, preferred payment discount, and newly retired.
- SAFECO offers premium reductions for multi-car, homeowner, teen safe driver, drive less, anti-lock brakes, bundle discounts, and accident prevention training.
- Progressive may have discounts that include good student, homeowner, multi-policy, online quote discount, and continuous coverage.
- USAA has discounts for multi-policy, military installation, new vehicle, good student, multi-vehicle, driver training, and defensive driver.
If you want low cost Austin car insurance quotes, ask every prospective company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some discounts may not be offered in your area. To view providers who offer car insurance discounts in Texas, click this link.
Reduce Insurance Rates with These Tips
Many factors are part of the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving history, but other criteria are not as apparent such as your marital status or how safe your car is. An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the things that come into play when calculating your premiums. When you understand what influences your rates, this enables informed choices that may result in lower premium levels.
- High credit means lower costs – Having a bad credit history will be a significant factor in calculating your car insurance rates. Insureds that have good credit tend to file fewer claims than those with worse credit. If your credit rating is low, you could be paying less to insure your Lincoln LS by improving your credit score.
- More stress means more cost – Careers like lawyers, business owners and stock brokers are shown to have higher rates than the rest of us attributed to intense work situations and lots of time spent away from family. Conversely, careers like actors, athletes and performers have lower than average premiums.
- Vehicle features that lower premiums – Choosing to buy a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can save you some money. Theft prevention features such as LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system all help prevent car theft.
- Little extras can really add up – There are quite a few additional extra coverages that may not really be needed if you aren’t diligent. Insurance for things like personal injury protection, accident forgiveness, and motor club memberships may be costing you every month. The coverages may be enticing initially, but if you don’t need them eliminate them to save money.
- Safety ratings are a factor – Cars with high safety ratings can get you lower premiums. Safe vehicles help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and fewer injuries means less claims paid passed on to you as lower rates. If the Lincoln LS is rated at a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org it may be receiving lower rates.
- Car insurance policy lapses increase car insurance rates – Having a lapse in insurance coverage is a fast way to trigger a rate increase. And not only will your rates increase, not being able to provide proof of insurance can result in fines or a revoked license.
- Liability insurance risk factors in – The liability section of your policy is the protection when a court rules you are at fault for personal injury or accident damage. Liability provides you with a defense in court which can cost a lot. Liability insurance is pretty cheap compared to other policy coverages, so buy as much as you can afford.
Insurance agents can help
Certain consumers still like to visit with an insurance agent and doing so can bring peace of mind A nice benefit of comparing insurance prices online is that you can find the best rates and still choose a local agent.
After filling out this simple form, your insurance data is submitted to local insurance agents who will gladly provide quotes for your coverage. You don’t have to leave your computer due to the fact that quote results will go instantly to you. You’ll get the best rates AND an agent nearby. If you wish to compare prices from one company in particular, don’t hesitate to navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding the right insurance company requires more thought than just a cheap quote. These are valid questions to ask:
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Texas?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- What company do they have the most business with?
When researching a local agent, you must know there are a couple different agency structures and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agents can either be exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These type of agents work for only one company such as State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot place coverage with different providers so keep that in mind. Exclusive agencies are trained well on their company’s products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Many people buy from the same agent for years mainly due to the brand name and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
The following is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Austin who may provide you with price quotes.
- John Kirk – State Farm Insurance Agent
11130 Jollyville Rd Ste 201 – Austin, TX 78759 – (512) 343-7758 – View Map
- Gary Shanahan – State Farm Insurance Agent
5145 N FM 620 b170 – Austin, TX 78732 – (512) 458-2593 – View Map
- Robert Ndegwa – State Farm Insurance Agent
1200 W Howard Ln f – Austin, TX 78753 – (512) 837-8818 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that choose to be independent often have many company appointments so as a result can place your coverage with many different companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If your premiums go up, your agent can just switch to a different company without you having to go to a different agency.
When searching for an agent, you will want to contact a few independent agents for the best price selection. They often place coverage with lesser-known insurance companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Shown below are independent agents in Austin that can give you rate quotes.
- Eckert Insurance Group
824 W 10th St – Austin, TX 78701 – (512) 472-6969 – View Map
- Central Insurance Agency, Inc.
6000 N Lamar Blvd – Austin, TX 78752 – (512) 451-6551 – View Map
- Austin Insurance Group
9705 Burnet Rd #314 – Austin, TX 78758 – (512) 339-2901 – View Map
Slick advertising tricks that work
Popular insurance providers such as State Farm, Allstate and GEICO constantly bombard you with television, radio, and online ads. All the ads try to convey promises about saving some big amount just by moving your coverage. Is it even possible that every company can save you money on Lincoln LS insurance in Austin? It’s all in the words they use.
All companies quote the lowest rates for the type of driver they prefer to insure. A good example of a profitable insured should be between the ages of 30 and 50, owns a home, and drives a vehicle with a low ISO rating. A customer that matches those criteria will qualify for the lowest premium rates in Austin and is almost guaranteed to cut their Lincoln LS insurance rates if they switch.
Drivers who do not meet the requirements will probably have to pay higher prices and this can result in the customer not buying. If you pay attention, the ads say “people that switch” but not “all drivers who get quotes” save the amount stated. That is how companies can truthfully advertise the savings. This really drives home the point why drivers must compare as many free Austin car insurance quotes as you can. You cannot predict with any certainty which company will give you lower rates than your current company.
Compare car insurance prices regularly to save
Cheap Lincoln LS insurance in Austin can be bought from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should compare rates from both to have the best selection. Some car insurance companies don’t offer price quotes online and usually these regional carriers sell through local independent agencies.
We covered some good ideas how you can lower your Lincoln LS insurance rates in Austin. The key concept to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers may even find the best price on car insurance is with a lesser-known regional company.
When searching for cheaper Austin car insurance quotes, make sure you don’t buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are too many instances where consumers will sacrifice uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret at claim time they didn’t have enough coverage. Your objective should be to get the best coverage possible at an affordable rate but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Additional detailed information can be found by following these links:
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Police Officers in Austin? (FAQ)
- How Much are Austin Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Camry? (FAQ)
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)