Are you doing reasearch to find more affordable Lincoln Mark LT insurance in Austin? Comparing and finding more affordable prices for Lincoln Mark LT insurance in Austin may be challenging for drivers who are new to comparing rates online. There are so many choices that it can turn into a difficult situation to find cheaper prices on Lincoln Mark LT insurance.
A study showed that 70% of consumers have been with the same company for over three years, and about 40% of consumers have never shopped around. Many drivers in Austin could save an average of up to 70% each year, but they mistakenly think it’s difficult to shop around.
It’s a great practice to quote other rates every six months because rates are variable and change quite frequently. Just because you had the lowest premium rates on Lincoln Mark LT insurance in Austin at your last renewal the chances are good that you can find a lower price today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about car insurance because you’re about to find out the best way to reduce your cost while improving coverage.
Get cheaper rates by applying discounts
Some insurers don’t necessarily list every discount available very clearly, so the list below contains some of the more common and the more hidden credits that you can use to lower your rates. If they aren’t giving you every credit you deserve, you are throwing money away.
- Waiver for an Accident – Not necessarily a discount, but a handful of insurance companies permit an accident without getting socked with a rate hike so long as you are claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents may save up to 50% more than drivers with accident claims.
- Distant Student Discount – Kids who live away from home at college without a vehicle on campus can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Safety Course Discount – Taking part in a defensive driving class could save 5% or more and make you a better driver.
- Full Payment Discount – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you may have a lower total premium amount.
Consumers should know that some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So even though it sounds like it’s possible to get free car insurance, companies don’t profit that way. But all discounts should definitely cut your car insurance premiums.
A list of companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts can be read below.
- American Family has savings for bundled insurance, good student, accident-free, air bags, and defensive driver.
- Farm Bureau offers premium reductions for youthful driver, multi-vehicle, 55 and retired, driver training, multi-policy, safe driver, and good student.
- State Farm offers discounts including anti-theft, driver’s education, student away at school, defensive driving training, and multiple autos.
- Travelers offers discounts for continuous insurance, student away at school, driver training, good student, home ownership, save driver, and payment discounts.
- The Hartford policyholders can earn discounts including vehicle fuel type, good student, bundle, defensive driver, and anti-theft.
- GEICO includes discounts for membership and employees, military active duty, five-year accident-free, multi-vehicle, and daytime running lights.
- Progressive discounts include continuous coverage, online signing, homeowner, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, multi-policy, and good student.
Before purchasing a policy, check with every company which discounts they offer. All car insurance discounts may not apply to policyholders in Austin. To locate companies with the best discounts in Austin, click this link.
Where can I get affordable Austin Lincoln Mark LT insurance?
When quoting car insurance, remember that having more price comparisons helps increase your odds of locating a lower rate than you’re paying now. Some smaller insurers do not give online price quotes, so it’s necessary to compare prices from them, too.
The auto insurance companies shown below are ready to provide price comparisons in Austin, TX. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
Car insurance quotes from local Austin insurance agents
Many drivers would rather buy from a licensed agent and that can be a smart move A good thing about getting online price quotes is you can get cheaper prices but also keep your business local. And supporting local insurance agencies is still important in Austin.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, the coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents in Austin who will give competitive quotes for your car insurance coverage. There is no reason to contact any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. You can find better rates without requiring a lot of work. If you want to compare rates from a specific company, feel free to visit that company’s website and fill out their quote form.
When finding a good Austin insurance agent, it helps to know the two different types of agents and how they can quote your rates. Car insurance agents in Austin can either be exclusive or independent.
Agents that choose to be independent are not limited to a single company and that is an advantage because they can write policies through many different car insurance companies and potentially find a lower price. If your premiums go up, an independent agent can move your coverage without you having to go to a different agency.
When comparing car insurance rates, we recommend you include multiple independent agents in order to have the best price comparison. They also have the ability to place coverage with smaller regional carriers who may have lower rates.
Below is a short list of independent agents in Austin who can help you get competitive price quotes.
- EZ Insurance Agency – North
7600 N Lamar Blvd # E – Austin, TX 78752 – (512) 445-2700 – View Map
- AUSTIN AREA INSURANCE AGENCY
8711 Burnet Rd – Austin, TX 78757 – (512) 253-8726 – View Map
- Higginbotham/William Gammon Insurance
1221 S MoPac Expy – Austin, TX 78746 – (512) 477-6745 – View Map
Agents of this type write business for a single company such as Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. Exclusive agencies are unable to give you multiple price quotes so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. These agents are trained well on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell on service rather than price. Consumers frequently purchase coverage from exclusives mostly because of the brand name and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Shown below are exclusive insurance agents in Austin that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Richard Munoz – State Farm Insurance Agent
5446 W US Hwy 290 Service Rd #104 – Austin, TX 78735 – (512) 892-3527 – View Map
- Gary Shanahan – State Farm Insurance Agent
5145 N FM 620 b170 – Austin, TX 78732 – (512) 458-2593 – View Map
- David Simmons – State Farm Insurance Agent
1910 W Braker Ln #400 – Austin, TX 78758 – (512) 837-8825 – View Map
Finding the right insurance agency shouldn’t rely on just the premium amount. These questions are important to ask:
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- Are they full-time agents?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Texas?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
A little work can save a LOT of money
Low-cost Lincoln Mark LT insurance in Austin can be found both online and with local Austin insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance companies do not offer online price quotes and most of the time these smaller providers prefer to sell through local independent agents.
You just learned many ways to shop for Lincoln Mark LT insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the higher your chance of finding the cheapest Lincoln Mark LT rate quotes. Drivers may even discover the lowest rates come from an unexpected company.
Insureds who switch companies do it for many reasons like not issuing a premium refund, denial of a claim, policy non-renewal and even being labeled a high risk driver. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding the right auto insurance provider is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
Additional detailed information can be read in these articles:
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Ride Shares in Austin? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for State Employees in Austin? (FAQ)
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)