Want to learn the secrets to finding cheaper auto insurance rates in Austin, TX? Austin shoppers have lots of choices when shopping for the lowest priced Mazda CX-5 insurance. You can either spend your time calling around getting price quotes or save time using the internet to compare rates.
There are more efficient ways to shop for auto insurance and we’ll show you the proper way to quote coverages on a Mazda and locate the lowest possible price from both online companies and Austin agents.
Astonishing but true, a large majority of auto insurance policyholders kept buying from the same company for a minimum of four years, and 38% of drivers have never compared rates to find lower-cost insurance. Austin insurance shoppers can save hundreds of dollars each year, but most tend to underestimate the actual amount they would save if they switched to a more affordable policy.
The fastest way that we advise to compare car insurance rates for Mazda CX-5 insurance in Austin is to know the trick most of the larger companies have advanced systems to give you rate quotes. To get started, all you need to do is provide details including if a SR-22 is needed, your education level, if you have a valid license, and the ages of drivers. That rating data is sent automatically to insurance carriers in your area and you should receive rate quotes within a short period of time.
To check rates for your Mazda CX-5 now, click here and enter your zip code.
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide price quotes in Austin, TX. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
Why auto insurance is not optional
Despite the fact that auto insurance is not cheap in Austin, insurance is required in Texas but it also protects you in many ways.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to carry a specific minimum amount of liability coverage in order to drive the car. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your CX-5, most lenders will force you to have insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Mazda for a much higher rate and require you to fork over for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards not only your Mazda CX-5 but also your financial assets. Insurance will also pay for all forms of medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of insuring your car outweigh the cost, especially for larger claims. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is overpaying more than $830 a year so compare quotes from several companies at every policy renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Save $442 a year. For real?
Texas consumers can’t escape the ads for cheaper car insurance from the likes of State Farm and Allstate. They all seem to try to convey promises about how much you will save just by moving your policy.
How is it possible that every company can make almost identical claims? It’s all in the numbers.
Insurance providers give the cheapest rates for the type of driver that will add to their bottom line. One example of a profitable customer might be described as between the ages of 30 and 50, has no driving citations, and drives less than 7,500 miles a year. Someone who meets those qualifications will get very good Austin rates and will most likely save when they switch companies.
Insureds who cannot meet these stringent criteria will probably have to pay a higher premium which usually ends up with the driver buying from a lower-cost company. If you listen to the ad wording, they say “drivers that switch” but not “everyone who gets a quote” save the amount stated. That’s the way insurance companies can confidently state the savings.
Because of this risk profiling, drivers must get Austin auto insurance quotes as often as possible. It is impossible to guess which company will provide the lowest Mazda CX-5 insurance in Austin.
These discounts can cut Mazda CX-5 insurance rates
Car insurance companies don’t list every discount available in an easy-to-find place, so we break down both well-publicized and also the lesser-known credits that may apply to you.
- Own a Home and Save – Simply owning a home can help you save on auto insurance since home ownership requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Senior Citizen Rates – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may receive better auto insurance rates.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Adding a new car to your policy can cost up to 25% less because newer vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars equipped with ABS or steering control can reduce accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – Not really a discount, but some companies like Progressive, Allstate, and Liberty Mutual permit an accident without the usual rate increase if you are claim-free prior to the accident.
Keep in mind that some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Just because you may think all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies don’t profit that way.
A few popular companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are detailed below.
- Mercury Insurance offers discounts for age of vehicle, professional/association, multi-car, accident-free, anti-theft, low natural disaster claims, and ease of repair.
- Farmers Insurance offers premium reductions for alternative fuel, homeowner, early shopping, youthful driver, bundle discounts, and pay in full.
- Farm Bureau may include discounts for driver training, 55 and retired, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and renewal discount.
- State Farm has savings for multiple autos, good student, passive restraint, student away at school, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and driver’s education.
- Allstate includes discounts for anti-theft, EZ pay plan discount, teenSMART discount, multi-policy, economy car, and senior citizen.
- GEICO may offer discounts for defensive driver, multi-vehicle, good student, daytime running lights, military active duty, and emergency military deployment.
If you need lower rates, check with each company or agent which credits you are entitled to. Some discounts listed above may not be offered in Austin. To choose companies offering auto insurance discounts in Austin, click here.
Compare prices but buy from a local Austin insurance agent
A lot of people still like to get advice from a local agent and that is not a bad decision Good agents can make sure you are properly covered and help submit paperwork. One of the benefits of comparing auto insurance online is you may find the lowest rates and also buy local. And buying from small agencies is important particularly in Austin.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is transmitted to participating agents in Austin who will give you bids for your auto insurance coverage. There is no reason to contact an agency because quoted prices will be sent to you instantly. If you have a need to get a price quote from a specific company, you just need to visit that company’s website and complete a quote there.
If you want to use a reputable insurance agent or broker, it’s important to understand the types of insurance agents and how they work. Auto insurance policy providers are classified as either exclusive or independent. Both types can write auto insurance policies, but it’s worth learning the differences since it could factor into the type of agent you choose.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Agents in the independent channel can quote rates with many companies and that enables them to quote your coverage through many different auto insurance companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. If they quote lower rates, the business is moved internally without you having to go to a different agency.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, we recommend you include a couple of independent agencies to maximize your price options. Many can place coverage with smaller regional carriers who may have lower rates.
Below are Austin independent agents who may provide free price quotes.
- Mitchamore Insurance Agency
560, 5316 W US Highway 290 Service Rd – Austin, TX 78735 – (512) 730-1424 – View Map
- Reed Insurance Agency
2579 Western Trails Blvd #240 – Austin, TX 78745 – (512) 892-4555 – View Map
- Starr Insurance Agency
8801 Research Blvd #104 – Austin, TX 78758 – (512) 586-2000 – View Map
Agents of this type normally can only provide a single company’s rates and some examples include Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. These agents are not able to shop your coverage around so keep that in mind. Exclusive insurance agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell on service rather than price. Drivers often buy insurance from these agents partially due to the brand name instead of buying on price only.
Below are exclusive insurance agents in Austin willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Bennie Council – State Farm Insurance Agent
6448 US-290 f110 – Austin, TX 78723 – (512) 454-4524 – View Map
- Stuart Nalewaik – State Farm Insurance Agent
1717 W 6th St #214 – Austin, TX 78703 – (512) 382-6019 – View Map
- Robert Ndegwa – State Farm Insurance Agent
1200 W Howard Ln f – Austin, TX 78753 – (512) 837-8818 – View Map
Selecting an insurance agent should depend on more than just the premium amount. The following questions are important to ask.
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Austin?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
If you receive positive responses and an affordable coverage quote, you may have found an insurance agent that will properly insure your vehicles.
Insurance is unique, just like you
Always remember that when buying your policy, there is no best way to insure your cars. Every situation is different.
These are some specific questions can help discover whether you might need professional guidance.
- Why do I have to buy liability insurance?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
- Should I buy full coverage?
- Should I bundle my homeowners policy with my auto?
- What are good deductibles for a Mazda CX-5?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.
Smart consumers save more
Budget-conscious Mazda CX-5 insurance is possible online and from local agencies, and you should compare rates from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance providers don’t offer rate quotes online and usually these small insurance companies sell through independent insurance agencies.
People leave their current company for any number of reasons including unfair underwriting practices, policy cancellation, lack of trust in their agent and policy non-renewal. Whatever your reason, finding a new auto insurance company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
We just showed you a lot of tips how to find cheap Mazda CX-5 insurance in Austin. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote Austin auto insurance, the higher the chance of saving money. Drivers may even discover the lowest rates are with a small local company.
For more information, link through to the articles below:
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Austin Auto Insurance Rates for Uber Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Equinox in Austin? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Austin Car Insurance Rates for Uninsured Drivers? (FAQ)
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)