How many times have you told yourself it’s time to shop around for more competitive Saturn Astra insurance in Austin? Searching for low-cost Austin Saturn Astra insurance quotes might seem intimidating for drivers who are beginners to quoting and shopping for insurance on the internet. With so many online companies available, how can drivers be able to compare each option to find the lowest price available?
Astonishng but true according to a recent study, a large majority of drivers have bought auto insurance from the same company for four years or more, and just short of a majority have never compared rates to find affordable insurance. Many drivers in Austin could save themselves almost $1,770 a year just by shopping around, but most just don’t grasp the amount of money they would save if they moved their coverage to a different company.
This article’s intent is to help you learn the best way to quote coverages and how you can save the most money. If you currently have auto insurance, you will most likely be able to buy cheaper auto insurance using the tips covered below. But Texas consumers can benefit by having an understanding of the way companies set your policy premium and use it to find better rates.
Compare free Austin Saturn Astra insurance price quotes
It’s important to know that having more price comparisons will enable you to find the best rates.
The providers in the list below provide free rate quotes in Texas. If multiple providers are shown, it’s highly recommended you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Why do I need car insurance?
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Saturn Astra in Austin, insurance is mandatory in Texas but it also protects more than you think.
First, most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific minimum amounts of liability insurance if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your car has a loan, most lenders will stipulate that you buy full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Saturn at a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them the higher premium.
Third, insurance preserves both your vehicle and your assets. It will also reimburse you for all forms of medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of having insurance more than offset the price you pay, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. But the average American driver is wasting up to $810 a year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison every year to make sure the price is not too high.
Get cheaper rates by taking advantage of discounts
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but there could be available discounts that may help make it more affordable. Some of these discounts will be visible when you purchase, but a few must be inquired about in order for you to get them.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Good drivers with no accidents can earn big discounts in comparison to accident-prone drivers.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Buying insurance for primary and secondary vehicles with one company qualifies for this discount.
- Professional Organizations – Being a member of specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations could trigger savings on your next renewal.
- Anti-theft System – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices have a lower chance of being stolen so companies will give you a small discount.
- Military Rewards – Having a family member in the military could trigger a small discount.
- Student Driver Training – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them take driver’s ed class if offered at their school.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Completing a course in defensive driving could cut 5% off your bill and also improve your driving technique.
- Employee of Federal Government – Federal government employees may qualify for a discount when you quote Austin auto insurance with some insurance companies.
Please keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. Even though the math looks like it’s possible to get free car insurance, nobody gets a free ride.
Larger insurance companies and some of the discounts can be read below.
- State Farm has savings for multiple autos, good student, student away at school, Steer Clear safe driver discount, passive restraint, Drive Safe & Save, and safe vehicle.
- GEICO offers discounts for multi-vehicle, good student, defensive driver, seat belt use, federal employee, and anti-lock brakes.
- Progressive includes discounts for multi-policy, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, online signing, online quote discount, and good student.
- 21st Century offers discounts including automatic seat belts, early bird, driver training, teen driver, homeowners, and theft prevention.
- American Family policyholders can earn discounts including good driver, multi-vehicle, early bird, good student, air bags, and mySafetyValet.
- The Hartford discounts include good student, air bag, anti-theft, defensive driver, vehicle fuel type, and driver training.
- AAA may have discounts that include good driver, good student, AAA membership discount, multi-policy, and multi-car.
Before buying, ask each company what discounts are available to you. A few discounts might not be available to policyholders everywhere. To see insurers who offer discounts in Texas, click this link.
Buying car insurance from Austin insurance agents
Some consumers prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that can be a great decision One of the benefits of comparing rates online is that you can find the lowest rates but also keep your business local. Buying from and supporting local agents is definitely important in Austin.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, your information is sent to insurance agents in Austin that provide free Austin auto insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to even leave your home due to the fact that quote results will go directly to your email. You can find the lowest rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you want to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, just visit that company’s website and submit a quote form there.
If you want a reliable insurance agent, it helps to know the two types of insurance agents and how they are slightly different. Agents in Austin can either be exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agencies are not employed by one company so they can insure your vehicles with many different companies and find you cheaper rates. If premiums increase, the business is moved internally without you having to go to a different agency. When comparing car insurance prices, it’s recommended you contact a couple of independent agencies to get the most accurate price comparison. Many can place coverage with additional companies that you may not be familiar with which can be an advantage.
Listed below are Austin independent insurance agencies who can help you get free rate quotes.
- Lezam Insurance
4301 W. William Cannon Dr., Ste. B-120 – Austin, TX 78749 – (512) 263-4333 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Bill Russell Insurance Agency Inc
9015 Mountain Ridge Dr #350 – Austin, TX 78759 – (512) 343-1106 – View Map
- TY Lawrence Insurance Agency
2802 Flintrock Trace b101 – Austin, TX 78738 – (512) 732-2353 – View Map
Exclusive insurance agents generally can only insure with one company like AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. They generally cannot provide prices from multiple companies so keep that in mind. Exclusive agencies receive extensive training on the products they sell which helps them sell on service rather than price. Some consumers prefer to purchase coverage from exclusives mainly due to loyalty to the company rather than low price.
Listed below are Austin exclusive agencies that can give you comparison quotes.
- J B Ruebsahm – State Farm Insurance Agent
1901 W William Cannon Dr #131 – Austin, TX 78745 – (512) 444-1845 – View Map
- Gary Shanahan – State Farm Insurance Agent
5145 N FM 620 b170 – Austin, TX 78732 – (512) 458-2593 – View Map
- Nancy Callahan – State Farm Insurance Agent
3500 Jefferson St #313 – Austin, TX 78731 – (512) 451-7573 – View Map
Finding a good insurance agency is decision based upon more than just a cheap quote. The following questions are important to ask.
- How would your car be valued if totalled?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
Affordable auto insurance premiums are possible
When searching for affordable Saturn Astra insurance quotes, never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In too many instances, someone dropped collision coverage only to discover later that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The aim is to get the best coverage possible at a price you can afford while still protecting your assets.
People change insurance companies for any number of reasons including high prices, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, delays in paying claims and even not issuing a premium refund. Regardless of your reason, choosing a new company is easier than you think.
In this article, we covered many tips how you can find affordable Saturn Astra insurance in Austin. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get car insurance rates for, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Austin auto insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the best price on auto insurance is with a small local company.
More tips and info about auto insurance can be read in the articles below:
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Unemployed Drivers in Austin? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Austin, Texas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for 18 Year Olds in Austin? (FAQ)
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)