Are you looking for a better way to compare more affordable auto insurance rates in Cedar Park, TX? Are you irritated from being strong-armed to pay high auto insurance rates every month? You are in the same boat as millions of other people.
Unfortunately, most auto insurance buyers kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for at least four years, and 38% of customers have never taken the time to shop around. Many drivers in Cedar Park could save up to $1,766 a year just by getting comparison quotes, but most just don't grasp how much they could save if they bought a different policy. With people having so many options when it comes to auto insurance, it is very difficult to pick the best insurer.
Consumers need to shop coverage around once or twice a year since prices are usually higher with each renewal. Despite the fact that you may have had the best deal on auto insurance on your last policy other companies may now be cheaper. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because you're going to get a crash course in the best way to save money, get proper coverage and the best rates.
The goal of this article is to familiarize you with the most effective way to quote insurance and how you can save the most money. If you have a policy now, you will surely be able to reduce premiums using these methods. Consumers just have to know the most effective way to compare company rates over the internet.
Insurance policy discounts you can't miss
Insurance can be pricey, but you may be missing some discounts to help bring down the price. A few discounts will be applied when you quote, but once in a while a discount must be asked about prior to getting the savings. If you don't get every credit available, you are throwing money away.
- Responsible Driver Discounts - Insureds who avoid accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates compared to accident prone drivers.
- Theft Deterrent Discount - Cars optioned with advanced anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Braking Control Discount - Cars with ABS braking systems or traction control prevent accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Drivers Education - Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to complete a driver education course as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Defensive Driver Discount - Taking time to complete a driver safety course could possibly earn you a 5% discount and make you a better driver.
- Discount for Passive Restraints - Factory air bags may get savings as much as 30%.
- Student Discounts - Maintaining excellent grades may save you up to 25%. The good student discount can last up until you turn 25.
- Telematics Data Discounts - Cedar Park drivers who agree to allow their company to study driving manner by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as Progressive's Snapshot might get better premium rates if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Distant Student - College-age children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Cedar Park and do not have a car may be insured at a cheaper rate.
Policy discounts save money, but many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So when the math indicates you can get free auto insurance, it just doesn't work that way.
A few popular companies and the discounts they provide are detailed below.
- Farmers Insurance discounts include teen driver, mature driver, electronic funds transfer, alternative fuel, business and professional, good student, and bundle discounts.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including accident-free, multiple autos, defensive driving training, Steer Clear safe driver discount, safe vehicle, and multiple policy.
- Liberty Mutual has savings for safety features, multi-car, newly married, multi-policy, preferred payment discount, new graduate, and newly retired.
- MetLife offers discounts for defensive driver, good student, accident-free, claim-free, good driver, multi-policy
- Progressive has discounts for homeowner, multi-policy, good student, online quote discount, and online signing.
When quoting, ask every prospective company which discounts you may be entitled to. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be offered on policies in Cedar Park. To see a list of companies with discount rates in Cedar Park, follow this link.
Reducing your insurance rates isn't really that difficult. Consumers just need to take the time comparing free Cedar Park auto insurance quotes to find out which insurance company has low cost Cedar Park auto insurance quotes.
Comparison shopping rate quotes online is easy and it makes it obsolete to go to each insurance agency near you. The ability to get quotes online makes this unnecessary unless you're the type of person who wants the advice and guidance that only an agent can give. It is possible with some companies compare online quotes but still have the advice of a local Cedar Park agent.
The auto insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer free quotes in Texas. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Impala LS||$988||$494||$82|
|Chevrolet Malibu LT||$1,028||$514||$86|
|Chevrolet Silverado LT Extended Cab 4WD||$1,200||$600||$100|
|Dodge Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 2WD||$1,406||$703||$117|
|Ford Escape XLT 2WD||$1,086||$543||$91|
|Ford F-150 Lariat King Ranch 4WD||$1,408||$704||$117|
|Ford Focus SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$1,040||$520||$87|
|GMC Sierra SLT Crew Cab 2WD||$1,108||$554||$92|
|Honda Accord LX-P 4-Dr Sedan||$864||$432||$72|
|Honda CR-V EX-L 2WD||$1,098||$549||$92|
|Honda Civic VP 4-Dr Sedan||$1,510||$755||$126|
|Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8 4WD||$1,652||$826||$138|
|Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport Islander Package 4WD 4-Dr||$1,590||$795||$133|
|Nissan Altima 3.5 SR 2-Dr Coupe||$1,616||$808||$135|
|Toyota Camry LE||$988||$494||$82|
|Toyota Corolla LE||$1,064||$532||$89|
|Toyota RAV4 Sport 2WD||$1,158||$579||$97|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Estimates do not factor in specific Cedar Park garaging location which can alter insurance rates substantially.
Car insurance rates are higher with tickets and accidents
The information below highlights how traffic violations and accident claims can influence Ford F-150 car insurance costs for different age groups. The data is based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Ford F-150 rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Physical damage deductible comparison
The diagram below shows how choosing a deductible and can influence Chevrolet Malibu insurance prices for different age groups. Data assumes a single male driver, comp and collision included, and no other discounts are factored in.
Chevrolet Malibu rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Five things that influence your prices
Many different elements are considered when you get your auto insurance bill. A few of the factors are predictable such as traffic violations, although some other factors are more transparent such as your credit history or your financial responsibility.
The factors shown below are some of the items car insurance companies consider when setting prices.
- Safeguard your assets with liability - The liability section of your policy will protect you if ever you are ruled to be at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. This coverage provides for a legal defense which can cost a lot. Liability insurance is quite affordable as compared to coverage for physical damage, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
- High comp and collision deductibles lower rates - Physical damage deductibles tell how much the insured will be required to pay if you file a covered claim. Physical damage insurance, aka comp and collision, insures against damage to your car. Some examples of covered claims are a windshield broken by a bird, fire damage, and damage caused by road hazards. The more of the claim you have to pay, the lower your rates will be.
- Marriage is a good thing - Your spouse may earn you lower rates on your car insurance bill. Marriage means you're more responsible it has been statistically shown that married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
- Your car's features help determine rates - Buying a car with an alarm system can help bring down rates. Advanced theft deterrents like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems help track and prevent vehicle theft.
- Your credit rating is important - A driver's credit score factor in determining your rates. Insureds that have excellent credit tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than those with lower credit scores. If your credit history can use some improvement, you could be paying less to insure your vehicle by spending a little time repairing your credit.
Can't I compare rates from local Cedar Park insurance agents?
Some people would rather sit down with an agent and that is just fine! Experienced insurance agents can help you build your policy and help submit paperwork. One of the great benefits of comparing insurance prices online is that drivers can save money and get cheap auto insurance rates but also keep your business local. And buying from small agencies is definitely important in Cedar Park.
After completing this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is emailed to participating agents in Cedar Park who will give you bids for your coverage. There is no reason to contact an agency because quoted prices will be sent to you instantly. If you wish to compare prices from a specific insurance company, you can always visit that company's website and fill out the quote form the provide.
If you are wanting to purchase auto insurance from an insurance agent, there are a couple of types of agencies that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Auto insurance agencies may be either exclusive agents or independent agents. Both types can sell and service auto insurance coverage, but it's important to know how they differ because it may have an impact on your agent selection.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Independent agents are not locked into one company so they can quote policies with many different companies and find you cheaper rates. If they find a cheaper price, an independent agent can move your coverage without you having to go to a different agency. When comparing auto insurance prices, we recommend you get insurance quotes from at least one independent agent to get the best comparison.
The following is a small list of independent insurance agencies in Cedar Park that may be able to provide price quotes.
Zwernemann Insurance Co
2809 Bluejay Dr - Cedar Park, TX 78613 - (512) 249-2624 - View Map
Texas Auto Insurance Specialist
Edwards Walk Dr - Cedar Park, TX 78613 - (512) 310-1116 - View Map
Agents of this type can usually just insure with one company like Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. These agents are not able to compare rates from other companies so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training on what they offer which can be an advantage.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Cedar Park that are able to give comparison quotes.
Ray Johnson - State Farm Insurance Agent
305 S Bell Blvd - Cedar Park, TX 78613 - (512) 219-7295 - View Map
Finding the right auto insurance agent shouldn't rely on just a low price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- How long has their agency been in business in Cedar Park?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
Three good reasons to insure your vehicle
Despite the high cost of buying insurance in Cedar Park, paying for car insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
First, most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific limits of liability coverage in order to drive the car. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your vehicle has a loan, more than likely the lender will force you to buy insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may buy a policy for your vehicle at a much higher rate and require you to pay much more than you were paying before.
Third, insurance safeguards not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. It will also pay for medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers legal expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, your car insurance policy will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of having car insurance are definitely more than the cost, particularly for liability claims. Unknowingly, the average driver overpays more than $700 annually so you should quote rates once a year at a minimum to make sure the price is not too high.
Lower rates by being persistent
When buying insurance coverage, never reduce needed coverages to save money. In many instances, an insured dropped liability coverage limits to discover at claim time they didn't purchase enough coverage. Your strategy should be to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest cost while still protecting your assets.
Budget-friendly insurance in Cedar Park can be sourced from both online companies in addition to many Cedar Park insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best rate selection. A few companies may not have rates over the internet and many times these smaller companies only sell coverage through independent insurance agents.
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers with a DUI in Austin? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Ride Shares in Austin? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for a Subaru Outback in Austin? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Good Students in Austin? (FAQ)
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)
- What if I Can't Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Institute)