If price shopping Austin auto insurance quotes online is new to you, chances are good that you are confused by the large number insurance agents and companies all promising to save you money.
A recent NerdWallet.com study revealed that nearly 70% of drivers renewed their policy with the same company for at least four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never even shopped around for affordable coverage. With the average premium in Texas being $2,700, drivers can save hundreds of dollars each year just by comparing rates, but they won’t spend time to find affordable insurance rates.
It is always a good idea to compare premium rates on a regular basis because insurance rates change frequently. Even if you think you had the lowest rate on Chevy Captiva Sport insurance in Austin a couple years back a different company probably has better prices today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about insurance because you’re about to find out how to quote online to eliminate unnecessary coverages and save money on Chevy Captiva Sport insurance in Austin.
If you are insured now, you will be able to reduce premiums using the techniques covered below. Comparing rates for the lowest cost insurance in Austin is not as time-consuming as you think. But Texas car owners can benefit from knowing the methods companies use to determine how much to charge because rates are impacted by many factors.
To find the best car insurance rates, there are several ways of comparing rate quotes from many different Texas insurance companies. The fastest way to find the lowest rates is to perform an online rate comparison. When comparison shopping, getting more free quotes helps you find more affordable rates. Some insurance companies are not set up to provide online Austin Captiva Sport insurance quotes, so it’s recommended that you also compare quotes from the smaller companies as well.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer price quotes in Texas. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
Why you need insurance for your Captiva Sport
Despite the high cost, maintaining insurance serves several important purposes.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability insurance in order to license the vehicle. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a lien holder, most banks will make it a condition of the loan that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you default on your policy, the lender will be forced to insure your Chevy at a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them the higher price.
- Auto insurance protects not only your Chevy Captiva Sport but also your assets. Insurance will pay for most medical and hospital costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers legal expenses in the event you are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, your auto insurance policy will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance greatly outweigh the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. But the average driver in Texas overpays more than $830 a year so it’s important to compare rates at least once a year to ensure rates are inline.
Austin Insurance Prices are Influenced by These Factors
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the things that go into determining the price you pay for car insurance. If you understand what controls the rates you pay, this enables informed choices that could help you find lower rates.
More than one policy can earn a discount – Most car insurance companies will award better rates to customers who have multiple policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Discounts can be ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. Even if you qualify for this discount already, it’s always a smart idea to compare other company rates to make sure you are getting the best deal.
Cautious drivers pay less – Attentive drivers have lower premiums than bad drivers. Just one moving violation can boost insurance rates substantially. Drivers who have license-revoking citations like reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may need to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility to the state department of motor vehicles in order to keep their license.
Discounts for GPS tracking and theft deterrents – Purchasing a vehicle that has an advanced theft prevention system can help bring down rates. Theft deterrent systems such as GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all aid in stopping your vehicle from being stolen.
Liability coverage – Your car insurance policy’s liability coverage provides coverage if a court rules you are at fault for physical damage or personal injury to other. This coverage provides legal defense coverage to attempt to prove you were not liable. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap when compared with rates for comp and collision, so do not cut corners here.
Job stress can make you pay more – Jobs like real estate brokers, social workers and medical professionals generally pay higher average rates attributed to high stress levels and extremely grueling work hours. Other professions such as actors, athletes and homemakers have the lowest average rates.
Gender as a rate factor – Statistics demonstrate that women are safer drivers than men. It does not mean women are better drivers. Women and men get in at-fault accidents at about the same rate, but males cause more damage. They also receive more costly citations such as DWI and reckless driving. Young men ages 16 to 20 tend to get in the most accidents and therefore have the most expensive car insurance rates.
Pay less with a high safety rating – Vehicles with high crash test scores cost less to insure. Highly rated vehicles protect occupants better and lower injury rates means lower claim amounts and thus lower rates. If your Chevy Captiva Sport has at least four stars on Safercar.gov it is probably cheaper to insure.
Chevy Captiva Sport insurance loss statistics – Insurance companies factor in insurance loss information when they set coverage costs for each model. Models that historically have increased losses will be charged more to insure.
The next table shows the compiled insurance loss statistics for Chevy Captiva Sport vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles combined as an average is represented as 100. Values that are 100 or less suggest a positive loss record, while percentage numbers above 100 show a trend for more claims or an increased chance of a larger loss.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Chevrolet Captiva Sport Models
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Chevrolet Captiva Sport 4dr 2WD||89||95||88||123||115||105|
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Car insurance discounts are available to get cheap rates
Companies that sell car insurance don’t list the entire discount list very clearly, so the following list contains a few of the more common and the harder-to-find savings tricks you should be using when you buy Austin auto insurance online. If you don’t get every credit possible, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having a family member in the military could trigger a small discount.
- Discount for Swiching Early – A few car insurance companies allow discounts for switching to them before your current coverage expires. This can save 10% or more.
- Good Grades Discount – This discount can earn a discount of 20% or more. This discount can apply well after school through age 25.
- Professional Memberships – Participating in a civic or occupational organization in Austin is a simple method to lower premiums on your policy.
- Anti-theft System – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles can help prevent theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you can combine your auto and homeowners policy with one insurance company you may earn at least 10% off all policies.
- Data Collection Discounts – Austin drivers who agree to allow their insurance company to scrutinize driving habits by using a telematics device such as State Farm’s In-Drive might get better premium rates if their driving habits are good.
- Drive Less and Save – Low mileage vehicles could qualify for cheaper car insurance rates.
- Accident Waiver – This isn’t a discount exactly, but a few companies such as Allstate, Progressive, and GEICO allow you one accident before hitting you with a surcharge if you have no claims for a certain period of time.
We need to note that some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. So even though you would think it’s possible to get free car insurance, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
Insurance companies that have most of these discounts include:
When getting a coverage quote, ask each insurance company which discounts can lower your rates. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply to policyholders in your state. To choose companies with discount rates in Austin, follow this link.
You may want advice from an agent
A lot of people prefer to visit with an insurance agent and doing so can bring peace of mind A nice benefit of getting online price quotes is that you can find cheaper prices and still have a local agent. And supporting small agencies is important particularly in Austin.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this short form, your information is sent to local insurance agents in Austin who will give you bids for your coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to leave your computer since price quotes are sent directly to your email. You can find better rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you want to quote rates from a specific insurance company, you can always go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
Below is a list of insurance companies in Austin that may be willing to give rate quotes for Chevy Captiva Sport insurance in Austin.
- Higginbotham/William Gammon Insurance
1221 S MoPac Expy – Austin, TX 78746 – (512) 477-6745 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Amanda Escobar
8700 Manchaca Rd #405 – Austin, TX 78748 – (512) 280-9700 – View Map
- Jane McQuiggin-Hutson – State Farm Insurance Agent
2307 W Parmer Ln – Austin, TX 78727 – (512) 973-8501 – View Map
- Karen Easterling – State Farm Insurance Agent
2711 W Anderson Ln #201 – Austin, TX 78757 – (512) 454-4784 – View Map
Choosing an insurer shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price. Any agent in Austin should be willing to answer these questions.
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
Drivers who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including delays in paying claims, questionable increases in premium, policy cancellation and not issuing a premium refund. Regardless of your reason, finding a new company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
In this article, we covered a lot of ways to shop for Chevy Captiva Sport insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your car insurance rates. Drivers may even discover the best price on insurance is with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
As you shop your coverage around, do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are many occasions where consumers will sacrifice liability limits or collision coverage to discover at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your goal should be to buy the best coverage you can find at a price you can afford.
More tips and info about insurance can be found in the articles below:
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Cheap Austin Car Insurance Rates for Uninsured Drivers? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Immigrants in Austin? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a Subaru Forester in Austin? (FAQ)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)