Baffled by the dozens of auto insurance sources in Austin? Consumers have such a large number of options that it can quickly become a big hassle to find lower prices on Ford Freestyle insurance. Austin is a great city to raise a family in, but high auto insurance prices makes it impossible to be able to buy decent coverage.
A recent auto insurance study discovered that the vast majority of consumers have remained with the same auto insurance company for over three years, and nearly the majority have never shopped around. With the average auto insurance premium being $2,700, Austin drivers could save an average of 70% each year by just comparing quotes, but they don’t believe the amount of savings they would get if they bought a different policy.
It’s smart to check auto insurance prices once or twice a year because auto insurance rates are variable and change quite frequently. Even if you got the lowest premium rates on Ford Freestyle insurance in Austin at your last renewal other companies may now be cheaper. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because we’re going to show you the fastest way to remove unneeded coverages and save money.
Finding the cheapest car insurance coverage in Austin can be easy if you know a few tricks. Essentially everyone who compares rates for car insurance will probably buy a cheaper policy. But Texas vehicle owners must know how companies calculate their prices and use this information to your advantage.
Affordable companies for Ford Freestyle insurance
The following companies are our best choices to provide quotes in Texas. If multiple companies are shown, it’s highly recommended you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
Cheap Ford Freestyle insurance rates in Austin
Companies don’t always publicize all available discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so here is a list a few of the more common as well as the least known discounts you could be receiving when you buy Austin car insurance online.
- No Accidents – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims have much lower rates when compared with drivers with a long claim history.
- Multi-line Discount – Larger insurance companies have a discounted premium rate on car insurance if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Driver’s Ed – Have your child enroll in driver’s education if offered at their school.
- Defensive Driver – Taking time to complete a course in driver safety could cut 5% off your bill and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can avoid accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Drivers without accidents may save up to 50% more compared to accident prone drivers.
- Payment Method – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of paying each month you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Austin Homeowners Pay Less – Simply owning a home can earn you a little savings because of the fact that having a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Professional Organizations – Joining qualifying clubs or civic groups could earn you a nice discount when shopping for insurance.
You should keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to the whole policy. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. Just because you may think all the discounts add up to a free policy, it just doesn’t work that way.
Large insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer can be read below.
- State Farm may offer discounts for anti-theft, multiple autos, good student, good driver, student away at school, and defensive driving training.
- Farmers Insurance may have discounts that include electronic funds transfer, bundle discounts, multi-car, distant student, teen driver, business and professional, and switch companies.
- Progressive includes discounts for online signing, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and good student.
- GEICO has discounts for defensive driver, federal employee, good student, driver training, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers discounts for multi-policy, group or association, safe vehicle, air bags, anti-lock brakes, safe driver, and company car.
- The Hartford offers discounts including good student, driver training, vehicle fuel type, defensive driver, anti-theft, air bag, and bundle.
- Farm Bureau may include discounts for renewal discount, multi-vehicle, driver training, safe driver, good student, youthful driver, and multi-policy.
- USAA offers premium reductions for military installation, multi-policy, family discount, new vehicle, and annual mileage.
When comparing rates, check with all the companies which discounts you may be entitled to. Some credits may not apply to policyholders in Austin. To locate companies who offer cheap Ford Freestyle insurance quotes in Texas, click this link.
Exclusive versus independent car insurance agents
Some consumers prefer to get advice from a local agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases One of the best bonuses of comparing insurance prices online is that you can obtain better rates and still buy from a local agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, your insurance data is sent to agents in your area who will give you quotes for your insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to even leave your home due to the fact that quote results will go to you instantly. Get lower rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, you can always go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
Deciding on an insurer should include more criteria than just a cheap price. The following questions are important to ask.
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
Below are Austin insurance companies that can give you rate quotes for Ford Freestyle insurance in Austin.
- AUSTIN AREA INSURANCE AGENCY
8711 Burnet Rd – Austin, TX 78757 – (512) 253-8726 – View Map
- Dick Cohalla – State Farm Insurance Agent
10711 Burnet Rd #102 – Austin, TX 78758 – (512) 837-4210 – View Map
- Danback Insurance Agency
8312 Burnet Rd #115 – Austin, TX 78757 – (512) 454-4567 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Cheri Roman
8103 Brodie Ln Ste 7 – Austin, TX 78745 – (512) 282-9999 – View Map
After you get reasonable responses and an acceptable price quote, you may have just found an insurance company that is professional and can service your policy. Keep in mind you can always cancel your policy any time you want so never feel that you’re stuck with any specific company for a certain time period.
Insurance ads are enticing
Popular insurance providers such as State Farm, Allstate and GEICO continually stream television, radio, and online ads. They all convey the message that you can save after switching your policy. How does each company charge you less for car insurance? This is how they do it.
Most companies look for specific characteristics for the type of customer that will most likely be profitable. For example, this type of driver might be described as a married female, has a low-risk occupation, and drives a safe vehicle. Any new insured that hits that “sweet spot” receive the lowest rate quotes in Austin and most likely will save money with a new company.
Drivers who do not meet those criteria may be forced to pay higher premiums and this results in business going elsewhere. The ad wording is “people that switch” but not “everyone who gets a quote” save that much when switching. That is how companies can truthfully make those claims. Because every company is different, you absolutely need to compare many company’s rates. Because you never know the company that will provide the lowest Ford Freestyle insurance in Austin.
Auto insurance coverage information
Having a good grasp of your insurance policy can help you determine which coverages you need at the best deductibles and correct limits. Insurance terms can be impossible to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Collision – This coverage covers damage to your Freestyle resulting from colliding with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage pays for claims such as backing into a parked car, damaging your car on a curb, hitting a parking meter, colliding with another moving vehicle and rolling your car. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are older. Another option is to bump up the deductible on your Freestyle to get cheaper collision coverage.
Coverage for medical payments – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for immediate expenses like X-ray expenses, chiropractic care, EMT expenses and funeral costs. The coverages can be utilized in addition to your health insurance plan or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants as well as any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Uninsured and underinsured coverage – This provides protection from other motorists when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Because many people only carry the minimum required liability limits (Texas limits are 30/60/25), their limits can quickly be used up. So UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Liability car insurance – This provides protection from damage that occurs to a person or their property by causing an accident. Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. As an example, you may have liability limits of 30/60/25 which stand for $30,000 bodily injury coverage, $60,000 for the entire accident, and property damage coverage for $25,000.
Liability can pay for claims such as repair costs for stationary objects, bail bonds and medical expenses. How much liability should you purchase? That is your choice, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as high a limit as you can afford. Texas state law requires minimum liability limits of 30/60/25 but drivers should carry better liability coverage.
Comprehensive coverages – Comprehensive insurance coverage will pay to fix damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. A deductible will apply then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims like damage from a tornado or hurricane, rock chips in glass and damage from getting keyed. The maximum payout you’ll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
A conclusion for your car insurance search
Drivers switch companies for a variety of reasons including policy cancellation, high prices, being labeled a high risk driver and lack of trust in their agent. Whatever your reason, finding a great new company is actually quite simple.
Budget-conscious Ford Freestyle insurance can be found from both online companies and with local Austin insurance agents, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. There are still a few companies who may not offer the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these regional insurance providers only sell coverage through independent insurance agents.
When buying insurance coverage, never buy poor coverage just to save money. In too many instances, consumers will sacrifice physical damage coverage only to regret they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best price, not the least amount of coverage.
Helpful learning opportunities
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for a Honda CR-V in Austin? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Austin Auto Insurance Quotes for a School Permit? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Austin Car Insurance for Nurses? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Immigrants in Austin? (FAQ)
- How Much are Austin Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Camry? (FAQ)
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)