When searching for lower-cost insurance, are you frustrated by the dozens of insurance choices that you can choose from? Lot’s of other people are too. You have so many choices that it can really be hard work to find the best premium rates for Scion xB insurance in Austin. If you live there, you know that Austin is a great place to live, but expensive insurance rates can make it impossible to make ends meet.
A recent study showed that nearly 70% of drivers have stayed with the same insurance company for well over three years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never shopped around. Most drivers in Austin could save $1,770 each year by just comparing quotes, but they underestimate how much money they would save if they moved their coverage to a different company.
It’s a good idea to get comparison quotes before your next renewal because prices fluctuate regularly. Despite the fact that you may have had the best price on Scion xB insurance in Austin a few years ago you will most likely find a better rate quote today. Forget all the misinformation about insurance because you’re about to find out the fastest way to find the best coverage while lowering your premiums.
It’s important to know that comparing more rates from different companies will improve the odds of getting more affordable rates.
The following companies offer price quotes in Austin, TX. If multiple companies are listed, it’s highly recommended you compare several of them to get the most competitive price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Price estimates do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can influence rates substantially.
Auto insurance deductibles
The example below shows how choosing a deductible and can raise or lower Scion xB premium costs for different ages of insureds. The data assumes a single male driver, comp and collision included, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Protect more than your Scion xB
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Scion in Austin, buying insurance may be required for several reasons.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific minimum amount of liability in order to drive the car legally. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your xB with a loan, most lenders will require you to carry insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Scion for a much higher rate and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects your Scion and your assets. It will also cover many types of medical costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of buying enough insurance are definitely more than the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. Unknowingly, the average driver is overpaying more than $810 a year so smart consumers compare quotes at every renewal to save money.
Can you really save $467 a year?
Big name companies like 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm regularly use ads on television and other media. All the ads tend to make the same promise that people will save if you change your insurance policy to them. How do they all give you a lower rate on Scion xB insurance in Austin? It’s all in the words they use.
All the different companies provide the lowest rates for the type of insured that earns them a profit. One example of this type of risk profile may need to be between 25 and 40, is a homeowner, and has a short commute. Any driver who fits that profile will qualify for the lowest car insurance rates in Austin and will probably save a lot of money.
Insureds who don’t measure up to this stringent profile may be required to pay higher premiums which usually ends up with the driver buying from a lower-cost company. Company advertisements say “drivers that switch” but not “all drivers who get quotes” can save as much as they claim. This is how insurance companies can lure you into getting a quote.
Because each company has a different risk profile, it’s extremely important to compare price quotes frequently. It’s not possible to predict which company will give you lower premium rates than your current company.
Scion xB insurance discounts in Austin
Car insurance can be pricey, but you may be missing some discounts that you may not know about. Many discounts should be triggered at the time you complete a quote, but some discounts are required to be manually applied before being credited.
- Low Miles Discount – Driving fewer miles may enable drivers to earn slightly better prices than normal.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to buckle their seat belts could cut 10% or more off the medical payments premium.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Drivers who insure several vehicles on one policy qualifies for this discount.
- Student Discounts – Performing well in school could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up to age 25.
- Active Service Discounts – Having an actively deployed family member can result in better premium rates.
- Telematics Data – Insureds that choose to allow their car insurance company to track when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematics device such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate could save a few bucks as long as they are good drivers.
- Renewal Discounts – Some car insurance companies provide a discount for signing up before your current coverage expires. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Memberships – Being in qualifying employment or professional organizations is a simple method to lower premiums on your next car insurance statement.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Cars optioned with advanced anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
One last thing about discounts, many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Despite the fact that it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
Large car insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are detailed below.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including good student, passive restraint, safe vehicle, multiple autos, Steer Clear safe driver discount, Drive Safe & Save, and driver’s education.
- GEICO has savings for good student, multi-policy, defensive driver, five-year accident-free, seat belt use, membership and employees, and multi-vehicle.
- Liberty Mutual may offer discounts for multi-car, new vehicle discount, new graduate, preferred payment discount, and good student.
- The Hartford discounts include bundle, vehicle fuel type, defensive driver, driver training, good student, anti-theft, and air bag.
- MetLife offers discounts for claim-free, accident-free, good student, multi-policy, good driver, defensive driver
- Progressive may include discounts for homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, and online signing.
It’s a good idea to ask all the companies the best way to save money. Some discounts may not apply to policyholders in Austin. If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Texas, click here.
Do I need an agent?
Many drivers would rather talk to an insurance agent and there is nothing wrong with that. The biggest benefit of comparing auto insurance online is the fact that drivers can get the best rates and still choose a local agent. Supporting local agencies is especially important in Austin.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), your insurance data gets sent to companies in Austin who will gladly provide quotes for your auto insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to visit any agencies because prices are sent to you directly. It’s the lowest rates and a licensed agent to talk to. In the event you want to compare rates from a specific auto insurance provider, just visit that company’s website and fill out the quote form the provide.
When finding a reliable insurance agent, you should know the different agency structures to choose from. Agents in Austin may be either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Independent agents are not restricted to one company and that gives them the ability to insure through many different auto insurance companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. If they find a cheaper price, they simply move the coverage in-house without you having to go to a different agency.
When comparing rates, you need to get several quotes from several independent agencies in order to have the best price comparison. Many can place coverage with mutual insurance companies who may have lower rates.
Listed below are Austin independent agents that may be able to provide free price quotes.
- All Texas Insurance
6700 Middle Fiskville Rd # 303 – Austin, TX 78752 – (512) 459-7979 – View Map
- Stuart Butts Agency Nationwide – Lezam insurance
700 Rio Grande St c – Austin, TX 78701 – (512) 837-5000 – View Map
- Ed Weeren Insurance Agency
300 E Highland Mall Blvd #208 – Austin, TX 78752 – (512) 454-5266 – View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies can only quote rates from one company like AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. These agents are unable to place coverage with different providers so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agents are highly trained in insurance sales which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Consumers often choose to use an exclusive agent primarily because of the brand name instead of buying on price only.
Listed below are Austin exclusive insurance agents that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Tony Reyes – State Farm Insurance Agent
9811 S IH 35 Frontage Rd #120 – Austin, TX 78744 – (512) 851-2539 – View Map
- Larry Evins – State Farm Insurance Agent
4534 West Gate Blvd #202 – Austin, TX 78745 – (512) 327-0303 – View Map
- Karen Hall – State Farm Insurance Agent
7004 Bee Cave Rd #3 – Austin, TX 78746 – (512) 327-6200 – View Map
Choosing the best car insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the premium amount. Below are some questions you should ask.
- How many years have they been established?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
How to know if you need help
When it comes to buying proper insurance coverage, there isn’t really a best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s situation is unique so your insurance needs to address that.
These are some specific questions might help in determining whether or not you might need professional guidance.
- Am I covered when delivering products for my home-based business?
- Are my custom wheels covered?
- When should I have rental car coverage?
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
- I have a DUI can I still get coverage?
- Will damage be repaired with OEM parts?
- Do I need roadside assistance coverage?
- Is pet coverage available?
If you can’t answer these questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Persistent drivers can save
Cheaper Scion xB insurance in Austin can be purchased online and also from your neighborhood Austin agents, so you need to shop Austin auto insurance with both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. A few companies may not have price quotes online and these regional carriers sell through independent insurance agencies.
When buying insurance coverage, do not reduce needed coverages to save money. Too many times, someone dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits to discover at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your aim should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at a price you can afford while still protecting your assets.
For more information, link through to the articles below:
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for a Subaru Outback in Austin? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Homeowners in Austin? (FAQ)
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- What if I Can’t Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Institute)