Do you want cheaper Scion xD insurance in Austin? Searching for the cheapest insurance for a Scion xD in Texas can normally be an all-consuming task, but you can learn our insurance buying tips to make it easier. There are both good and bad ways to buy insurance so we’re going to tell you the best way to price shop coverage for your Scion and obtain the cheapest rates either online or from Austin insurance agents.
Unbelievable but true, the vast majority of consumers have purchased from the same company for four years or more, and virtually 40% of consumers have never shopped around. With the average premium in Texas being $2,679, drivers could save an average of 70% each year just by shopping around, but they don’t understand how simple it is to compare rates online.
You should make it a habit to check insurance prices yearly because prices are rarely the same from one policy term to another. If you had the best deal on Scion xD insurance in Austin on your last policy you may be paying too much now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about insurance because we’re going to show you one of the easiest ways to save on insurance.
If you already have coverage or just want to reduce your rates, follow these tips to cut your premiums without reducing protection. Finding quotes for the best insurance policy in Austin is not as time-consuming as you think. Comparison shoppers just have to use the most time-saving way to compare different rates from many companies at once.
Getting a cheaper price on Scion xD insurance is an easy way to save money. The only requirement is to spend a little time to compare rates to see which company has affordable Austin auto insurance quotes.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide quotes in Austin, TX. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you visit several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|XD 4-Dr Hatchback||$122||$260||$358||$22||$108||$870||$73|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Price estimates do not factor in your specific Austin location which can influence premiums significantly.
Auto insurance deductibles
The chart below shows how choosing a deductible and can affect Scion xD insurance rates for each different age group. The premium estimates are based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Do you need full coverage?
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Scion xD premium costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying liability only. Data assumes no tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, married male driver, and no policy discounts are applied.
Are you wasting money paying for full coverage?
There isn’t a steadfast formula for dropping comp and collision coverage, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the annual cost of having full coverage is more than around 10% of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Scion xD replacement value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most you would receive is $7,000 after you pay the deductible. If it’s costing you more than $700 a year for your policy with full coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are some scenarios where dropping full coverage is not a good plan. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you must maintain physical damage coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not buy liability only.
Poor driving habits will raise your auto insurance rates
The illustration below illustrates how violations and fender-benders raise Scion xD car insurance costs for each different age category. The information is based on a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Why you need xD insurance in Texas
Even though Austin xD insurance rates can get expensive, auto insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability insurance in order to license the vehicle. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Scion, it’s most likely the lender will stipulate that you carry insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank may buy a policy for your Scion for a lot more money and force you to reimburse them the higher price.
- Auto insurance preserves not only your Scion but also your financial assets. It will also provide coverage for medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit in the event you are sued. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of having auto insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially if you ever need it. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is overpaying more than $825 a year so shop around at every renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Discounts for affordable auto insurance rates
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but you might find some hidden discounts that many consumers don’t even know exist. Some discounts will apply at the time of quoting, but a few need to be asked for before they will apply.
- Low Mileage – Keeping the miles down on your Scion may enable drivers to earn slightly better premium rates than normal.
- Driver Education Discount – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them successfully complete driver’s ed class if offered at their school.
- Student Discounts – A discount for being a good student can save 20 to 25%. You can use this discount normally up until you turn 25.
- Early Signing – A few companies give discounts for switching to them before your current coverage expires. It can save you around 10%.
- Military Discounts – Being on active deployment in the military may lower your auto insurance rates slightly.
Just know that most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Even though the math looks like all the discounts add up to a free policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business. But all discounts will help lower your overall bill.
To view insurers that provide some of the discounts listed above in Texas, click here to view.
Insurance agent or online?
A lot of people prefer to talk to a local agent and that is just fine! Good agents can help you build your policy and help you file claims. The biggest benefit of getting free rate quotes online is that you can obtain cheap insurance rates and still buy from a local agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, the quote information gets sent to companies in Austin that provide free Austin auto insurance quotes for your coverage. You won’t need to contact any insurance agencies because quoted prices will be sent directly to you. In the event you want to compare prices from a specific company, don’t hesitate to jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
Picking a insurer requires you to look at more than just the price. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- How long have they been in business?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Austin?
- Is there a local claims center in Austin?
How to choose the best car insurance agent in Austin
When looking for a local Austin insurance agent, it’s helpful to know the different agency structures that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance policy providers may be either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Both can handle insurance, but it’s important to know the difference in the companies they write for because it can influence the selection process.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These type of agents normally can only provide a single company’s rates like American Family, State Farm, and AAA. They usually cannot provide prices from multiple companies so you might not find the best rates. These agents are well trained on their company’s products and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Many people buy from the same agent for years primarily because of the prominent brand name and strong financial ratings.
The following is a short list of exclusive agents in Austin willing to provide comparison quotes.
- J B Ruebsahm – State Farm Insurance Agent
1901 W William Cannon Dr #131 – Austin, TX 78745 – (512) 444-1845 – View Map
- Karen Hall – State Farm Insurance Agent
7004 Bee Cave Rd #3 – Austin, TX 78746 – (512) 327-6200 – View Map
- Bridgette Hearne – State Farm Insurance Agent
3407 W Slaughter Ln b – Austin, TX 78748 – (512) 441-3704 – View Map
These agents are not employed by one company and that enables them to quote your coverage with an assortment of companies and get you the best rates possible. If prices rise, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you don’t have to find a new agent.
If you need cheaper insurance rates, you will definitely want to include a few independent agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison. Most also write with less well-known companies which may provide better rates.
The following are independent agents in Austin that can give you price quote information.
- AmeriFirst Insurance Agency, LLC
8300 N Mopac Expy #105 – Austin, TX 78759 – (512) 524-8808 – View Map
- Central Insurance Agency, Inc.
6000 N Lamar Blvd – Austin, TX 78752 – (512) 451-6551 – View Map
- Capitol City Insurance
8030 N Mopac Expy – Austin, TX 78759 – (512) 343-0280 – View Map
After receiving good answers in addition to an acceptable price estimate, you may have just found a car insurance agent that can properly service your insurance policy. Just keep in mind you have the power to cancel a policy whenever you wish so never assume that you are permanently stuck with your new company indefinitely.
Situations that may require an agent’s advice
When it comes to choosing adequate coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a cookie cutter policy. You are unique.
These are some specific questions might point out if your situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Is extra glass coverage worth it?
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
- How much underlying liability do I need for an umbrella policy?
- Who is covered when they drive my Scion xD?
- How much cheaper are high deductibles?
- How long can I keep a teen driver on my policy?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Is my Scion xD covered if I use it for business?
- When should I buy a commercial auto policy?
- Is water damage covered by my policy?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form. It’s fast, free and can help protect your family.
Frequent quotes can save
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, don’t be tempted to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are a lot of situations where an accident victim reduced physical damage coverage to discover at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your strategy should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at an affordable rate but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
We just presented quite a bit of information on how to compare Scion xD insurance car insurance rates in Austin. The key thing to remember is the more you quote Austin auto insurance, the better your comparison will be. You may even be surprised to find that the best price on insurance is with a lesser-known regional company.
Consumers switch companies for many reasons like high prices, policy cancellation, lack of trust in their agent and denial of a claim. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding a great new company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Unemployed Drivers in Austin? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Austin Auto Insurance Quotes for Inexperienced Drivers? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a GMC Sierra in Austin? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Retired Military in Austin? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Young Drivers in Austin? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for State Employees in Austin? (FAQ)
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)