How many times have you said it’s time to compare more competitive Suzuki Aerio insurance in Austin? Trying to come up with a payment for overpriced auto insurance can dry up your budget and make it tough to pay other bills.
Unthinkable but true, most auto insurance buyers have purchased from the same company for at least four years, and 38% of drivers have never compared rates with other companies. Consumers in Austin can save hundreds of dollars each year by just shopping around, but most tend to underestimate the big savings they would realize if they switch to a new company. Due to the fact that there are so many companies and agents to choose from, it’s nearly impossible to locate the best company.
You should make it a habit to price shop coverage on a regular basis because auto insurance rates tend to go up over time. Just because you had the best premium rates on Suzuki Aerio insurance in Austin last year you can probably find a lower rate today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because we’re going to show you the best methods to save on auto insurance.
Cheapest car insurance in Austin, TX
The following companies have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Austin, TX. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Cheaper rates with discounts
Auto insurance companies don’t always advertise every available discount very clearly, so the following list contains both well-publicized and the more hidden ways to save on auto insurance. If they aren’t giving you every credit you qualify for, you could be saving more on your auto insurance.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Forcing all vehicle occupants to use their safety belts can save 10% or more off the medical payments premium.
- Defensive Driving Course – Completing a defensive driving class may get you a small discount depending on where you live.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – This one is not really a discount per se, but a few companies such as Allstate and GEICO will let one accident slide before they charge you more for coverage so long as you are claim-free prior to being involved in the accident.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Vehicles with factory air bags can get savings of more than 20%.
- Professional Organizations – Participating in qualifying clubs or civic groups is a good way to get lower rates when shopping for auto insurance.
- Cautious Driver Discount – Drivers who don’t get into accidents may save up to 50% more as compared to drivers with claims.
Keep in mind that most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Despite the fact that it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, it just doesn’t work that way.
A few popular companies and the discounts they provide can be read below.
- Farm Bureau offers discounts for youthful driver, driver training, multi-vehicle, 55 and retired, good student, renewal discount, and safe driver.
- State Farm discounts include defensive driving training, Drive Safe & Save, passive restraint, multiple autos, anti-theft, and student away at school.
- Progressive has savings for multi-vehicle, homeowner, good student, continuous coverage, multi-policy, online signing, and online quote discount.
- Allstate may include discounts for early signing, auto/life discount, new car, farm vehicle, 55 and retired, and defensive driver.
- Nationwide offers discounts including good student, defensive driving, anti-theft, easy pay, family plan, and Farm Bureau membership.
- MetLife has discounts for good student, defensive driver, accident-free, multi-policy, claim-free, good driver
When comparing rates, check with every insurance company which discounts you qualify for. Discounts might not be offered on policies in Austin. For a list of insurers with discount rates in Austin, click this link.
You Can Change Your Insurance Prices
Part of the car insurance buying process is learning some of the factors that help determine car insurance rates. If you have a feel for what influences your rates, this enables informed choices that may reward you with lower car insurance prices. Many things are taken into consideration when premium rates are determined. Most are fairly basic such as your driving history, but other factors are not quite as obvious like where you live or your vehicle rating.
- Save by driving safer vehicles – Safe vehicles tend to have lower insurance rates. Safe vehicles protect occupants better and reduced instances of injuries means less money paid by your insurance company and more competitive rates for policyholders. If the Suzuki Aerio scored at minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website it is probably cheaper to insure.
- Guys tend to take more risk – Statistics have proven that females take fewer risks when driving. Now that doesn’t mean females are better drivers. Both sexes tend to get into at-fault accidents in similar numbers, but guys cause more damage. They also receive more major tickets like reckless driving and DUI. Young males have the highest risk to insure and thus pay the highest rates.
- Add-on coverages can cost a lot – Insurance companies have many extra coverages that may not really be needed if you aren’t diligent. Insurance for things like replacement cost coverage, death and dismemberment, and extra equipment coverage are examples of these. The coverages may be enticing when you first buy your policy, but if you don’t need them remove them and pocket the money.
- Save money with excellent credit – Having a good credit rating will be a significant factor in determining premium rates. Insureds that have very good credit scores tend to be better risks to insure than drivers who have lower credit ratings. If your credit can use some improvement, you may save money insuring your Suzuki Aerio if you improve your credit rating.
- Better drivers pay less – Even one speeding ticket can boost insurance rates twenty percent or more. Careful drivers tend to pay less for car insurance than bad drivers. Drivers who have gotten multiple tickets such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may find they need to complete a SR-22 with their state motor vehicle department in order to prevent a license revocation.
- Prices and vocation – Careers such as military generals, airline pilots, and emergency personnel tend to have higher rates than average due to intense work requirements and long work hours. On the flip side, jobs such as farmers, students and retirees pay the least.
- Older drivers pay less – Teenage drivers in Texas are statistically shown to get distracted easily with other occupants in the car and because of this, their car insurance rates are much higher. Parents adding a youthful driver onto a policy can really hurt. Older people are more cautious drivers, statistically cause fewer accidents, and are safer drivers.
Insurance agent or online?
Certain consumers prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that is just fine! Professional agents can answer important questions and help submit paperwork. The biggest benefit of getting online price quotes is that you can find lower rates but still work with a licensed agent. Putting coverage with neighborhood insurance agencies is important particularly in Austin.
By using this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Austin who will give you quotes for your car insurance coverage. You don’t have to visit any agencies as quotes are delivered immediately to you. If you need to compare prices from a specific insurance company, feel free to go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
When searching for local Austin agents, you should know the different agency structures and how they can quote your rates. Car insurance policy providers can either be independent or exclusive. Either one can insure your vehicles properly, but it’s important to point out the differences because it can factor into your agent selection.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Agents of this type can sell policies from many different companies so as a result can place your coverage through many different car insurance companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. To move your coverage to a new company, they can switch companies in-house which is easy for the insured.
If you are comparing rate quotes, we recommend you include rate quotes from several independent insurance agents to get the most accurate price comparison.
Featured below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Austin that may be able to give you rate quotes.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
These type of agents can only provide one company’s prices such as State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training on their company’s products and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Below is a list of exclusive agencies in Austin that are able to give price quotes.
Choosing an auto insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the premium amount. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Is coverage determined by price?
- If your car is totalled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- How long has the business existed?
Do auto insurance companies bend the truth?
Texas consumers can’t escape the ads for cheaper auto insurance from the likes of GEICO, State Farm and Progressive. All the ads convey the message that drivers can save some big amount if you switch your auto insurance policy to them.
How is it plausible that every one can charge less that you’re paying now? It’s all in the numbers.
Many companies have specific characteristics for the type of insured they prefer to insure. An example of a desirable risk may need to be between 25 and 40, carries high limits, and insures a new vehicle. A driver who fits that profile may get the lowest prices in Austin and will save some money.
Potential insureds who cannot meet this stringent profile will probably have to pay a higher rate which leads to the customer buying from someone else. The trick companies use is to say “customers that switch” not “everyone that quotes” save that much money. This is how insurance companies can confidently lure you into getting a quote.
This really emphasizes why it’s extremely important to get Austin car insurance quotes as often as possible. It’s just too difficult to predict which auto insurance company will have the lowest rate quotes.
Be persistent to save money
You just learned a lot of ways to reduce Suzuki Aerio insurance auto insurance rates online in Austin. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers may even find the biggest savings come from an unexpected company. These companies often have lower premium rates on specific markets than their larger competitors like State Farm or Progressive.
Cheaper Suzuki Aerio insurance in Austin can be purchased online as well as from insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. Some companies may not offer internet price quotes and these regional insurance providers sell through independent agents.